Deleting a future-dated transaction doesn't update the Projected Cash Flow graph (edited)

RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 19 in Report a Bug

Sometimes (or more often), when I delete a recurring transaction instance from the upcoming transactions bar on the web app, the cash flow chart does not update. The only way to refresh it is to refresh the page. This is not ideal and is fixable.

Rob Wilkens

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for reaching out! I was unable to reproduce this issue on our side. Does the Cash Flow chart update normally if you try a different browser/incognito mode? Maybe you can try clearing your cache and cookies as well? Let us know!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

In this case, i had the details wrong. It wasn't a recurring transaction (those seem to refresh as I test) but it was a future dated transaction in the upcoming carousel. Deleting that did not update the cash flow chart.

It was in Chrome, I don't use another browser.

Will attach a video in direct message

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Jon

Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for the information. I did receive your video. We will want to make sure the browser is not causing this issue, so if you can please try this in another browser/incognito mode, that would help us.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Confirming that the problem ALSO exists on Safari.

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19

If I understand Rob’s problem, I’ve experienced this too on Chrome on a Windows 11 laptop. Not all the time, just occasionally. For me, it sometimes includes two (2) lines superimposed over each other. After refreshing, they almost always go away.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19

This seems to happen every time.

1. Create a Future dated transaction, this updates cash flow chart immediately
    2. Delete that future transaction, the cash flow chart does not update, refreshing the page fixes that

There is no superimposed line.

This is browser independent.

-Rob

p.s. Today is a federal holiday, so they may not be here to address this issue today

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Jon

Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for your patience! We have submitted this bug report and will be sure to provide updates here as we receive them going forward for this issue.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

SIMPL-21558