Import transactions that automatically works with Apple Card

Options
under_crtl
under_crtl Member ✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests
You can currently import transactions from a csv file, the import tool recognizes Mint and Personal Capital, but from others you need to modify the file so it adjusts to the generic template Simplifi recognizes. Can you provide out-of-the-box support for Apple Card so we don’t have to modify the csv file?
Please note that as a difference from the vast majority of cards that you can link automatically to Simplifi, Apple doesn’t allow this method so it is a big exception. Many customers with Apple Cards have been trying to find a way to use our expenses in a budgeting tool since the moment the card was released. I think it would be very helpful for many users if you provide support fir Apple Card.
3 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Nando
    Nando Member
    Options
    Hi Team Simplifi, Happy to see that version 1.9.7 imports Apple Card transactions. Yay! 👍🏼😉

You are so close but...:

1 - When I check the Wallet app on my iPhone, the date that is reflected in the UI is not the clearing date but the transaction date. Since the latter is available in the CSV file, Could you consider changing the Simplifi Import tool date mapping to it instead of the clearing date?

2 - Related to the first feedback, while I was changing the date of all the imported transactions in Simplifi, I noticed that the order how they are displayed is off compared to how they show up in the Wallet app. Would it be possible to implement a transaction reordering mode available in all accounts? If feedback 1 is implemented, this will not be needed as often but it will provide a way to correct transactions with the same day that don't get imported or downloaded from banks or other institutions the same way they are displayed in their respective apps. This might be a bit zealous but those details help to make a decision when it's time to renew the subscription!

Thanks!
  • Nando
    Nando Member
    Options
    Hi Team Simplifi, Happy to see that version 1.9.7 imports Apple Card transactions. Yay! 👍🏼😉

You are so close but...:

1 - When I check the Wallet app on my iPhone, the date that is reflected in the UI is not the clearing date but the transaction date. Since the latter is available in the CSV file, Could you consider changing the Simplifi Import tool date mapping to it instead of the clearing date?

2 - Related to the first feedback, while I was changing the date of all the imported transactions in Simplifi, I noticed that the order how they are displayed is off compared to how they show up in the Wallet app. Would it be possible to implement a transaction reordering mode available in all accounts? If feedback 1 is implemented, this will not be needed as often but it will provide a way to correct transactions with the same day that don't get imported or downloaded from banks or other institutions the same way they are displayed in their respective apps. This might be a bit zealous but those details help to make a decision when it's time to renew the subscription!

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.