Split Transactions in Reports, Watchlists, and the Spending Plan: Share your feedback here!

Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited August 8 in Feedback

With the redesign to how split transactions are displayed in the Transaction Activity areas of Reports, Watchlists, and the Spending Plan, we want to hear from all of you! Please let us know of any issues, questions, or concerns you may have, as well as how this new feature enhances your Quicken Simplifi experience, by commenting below.

For more details on this redesign, please see our announcement here:

We look forward to hearing from you!

Comments

• tappertrainman
    tappertrainman Member

Great improvement! I would still like to see it in the regular transaction registers, as well as the ability to apply different dates for each split line. My reasoning is some bills are paid every other month, covering two months of service (could also happen quarterly, etc.). Splitting the transaction allows me to apply the costs to each month's budget. Thanks for this incremental update though, it gets me closer to my ideal!

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I very much like the new splits! I very much would not like to see the same thing implemented in the check register. For me, the registers should reflect reality…the actual transactions just as they cleared the bank.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Teniola
    Teniola Member
    edited July 28

I love this! This makes viewing transactions so much easier. I am OK that this view is not in the main transactions as long as I can see it in reports, watchlist and spending plan. What would be a great addition is to allow portion of splits to be hidden from reports (alongside notes!), spending plan and watchlists. That way, you can see your reports exactly as you intend and the transactions page stay as it was imported from the bank. For example, if I have paycheck and half is a work reimbursement (which I could hide from the report) and the other half is my paycheck, then I can see in reports the actual amount I want to see. I understand the philosophy of not changing the main transactions page, as long as we users can see what they need to in reports, watchlist and spending plan is a great workaround.

If this update comes alongside hiding part of split transactions and adding notes to individual splits, this will be the feature I was waiting for to make my final decision to stick with Simplifi at the end of the year. Great work Simplifi team!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

@Teniola regarding hiding part of a split transaction and adding notes to splits - The ideas have a planned status, so they are next to be worked on.

Feature Requests — Simplifi (simplifimoney.com)

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the product/dev team handled this awesomely. I've seen people request that in the transaction register too, but I would prefer the register match the bank transaction - though if there were a way to (in the register) show the total and each split line underneath it, that might be worthwhile to have longer term. Obviously, only the 'total' should affect balance, the other lines should be informational only.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

This feature is now live for everyone and is also available in the Spending Plan on the Mobile App as of the 5.10.0 Mobile Release. 🎉

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭

Loving the Split view feature.

I like @RobWilk suggestion of showing the Transaction WITH split amounts showing below it in the Main Transaction Register. Is there a feature request for this? For interface flexibility, maybe a "show/hide Splits" setting could be created. @Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I would create the idea post now, but cable guy is here, internet is out... maybe later.

Rob Wilkens

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭✭

Sometimes, I have to make a 3 month payment which I would like to split equally - one for each month. I wish there was an option to change the dates for split transactions to show this across 3 different months.

• Technomutt
    Technomutt Member

I've been using Simplifi since the beginning of 2024. If I hadn't come to the Community for the first time today, I wouldn't have learned about this feature AND the fact you can split transactions in the transaction list. Frankly, it seems like you're hiding this feature. At first I thought it was just hidden by Dark Mode (which I LOVE) but when switching to light mode, it's just as hidden. BTW - I use the web version exclusively. Bringing up the transaction details is NOT obvious. You have to click on the account name, or one of the "hidden" squares in between the columns per line to bring up the details. Please make it more obvious. In Mint, you could simply select "Split" when selecting the category. I intend to start using this feature immediately! Thank You!!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 7

This is great.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭

I thought I had already commented on this, but must have just liked it. But I too appreciate the splits view in the Reports and Spending Plan because it helps you find missing splits and you can see how the totals are derived. Good job!

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (iMac) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991