USAA accounts not connecting correctly

juliansmith
juliansmith Member

I’ve had the same problem with USAA accounts not re-authenticating since June as in this post:

I went through the suggested steps to reset my account connections with USAA. It worked, but the only way Simplifi would do this was to add the same accounts as new accounts, with new names.

So now I have two versions of each account: the original ones that stopped updating, and the new versions, which have all the updated transactions, but none of the recategorizing/tagging/clearing/etc I’ve spent countless hours doing over the years.

This doesn’t work at all. Is there another solution? Can I combine the accounts somehow?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @juliansmith,

Thanks for reaching out! It seems like the accounts were not linked correctly. You can make the accounts manual and then use the Add Account flow to get a completely fresh connection. If the connection is successful, you'll then want to link the accounts to your existing original Quicken Simplifi accounts. You can then delete the newly created accounts. Let us know if that works!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Which accounts do I make manual, just the original ones?

• Coach Jon

@juliansmith,

You will want to make the accounts you are trying to link manual. So in this case, it should be the new and old ones if those are also connected currently.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• I made everything manual, both the old ones and the new (recently linked) ones which have all the up-to-date transactions but none of my years of tagging/categorizing from my original account versions that stopped updating in June. I don't even see those anywhere on the list now.

If I delete a banking institution, is all that account data gone forever or can it be recovered?

• Also, the re-linked accounts only go back 3 months.

• And now I have two versions of each account in my list, with no tags/categorization/etc—it looks like all that is gone forever—and I'm caught in the re-authentication loop once again (Care code: FDP-350) like I was when this disaster started.

• Coach Jon

Hello @juliansmith,

I can definitely understand your frustration. To answer your question, once an account is deleted, it is gone permanently. You may need more advanced troubleshooting for this issue. I would suggest contacting our support team directly in this case so that they can perhaps utilize the screen share tool to better assist you with this issue. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Thanks,

Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.