Issues in Microsoft Edge, Chase Bank, Fidelity, Quicken Support

OneThree
OneThree Member
edited August 21 in Troubleshooting

I am a new user and have had several issues using Simplifi in Microsoft Edge.

1. Unable to add Chase Bank from the browser. The Chase website is fully accessible in the browser, but repeated attempts to add the account failed. I was finally able to add the account using the mobile app.

2. Fidelity could be added, but would not sync. I see this is a known issue, but I did notice that your link to the site is for nb.fidelity.com, which is there NetBenefits site. I used to have to access my 401K from there before I rolled it over to a personal account. Now I just go to www.fidelity.com which redirects to digital.fidelity.com. Not sure if this is related, but just thinking about how it works for some but not for others.

3. The "Help Center" button in the app doesn't do anything. However, I did find the site from the community and the image below is what it looks like.

I have tried clearing my cache, using an "InPrivate Window", disabling my tracking protection for all the sites. Nothing seems to help.

Quicken Simplifi Help Center (simplifimoney.com)

Comments

• OneThree
    OneThree Member

I just tried logging into https://nb.fidelity.com and was redirected to https://workplaceservices.fidelity.com. I can see both of my accounts, but it is definitely still tied to my previous employer and may not have full access.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Hello @OneThree,

I'm glad to hear you were able to get connected to Chase. Typically, if you're not able to connect when going through the outside authorization process, it is usually caused by something interfering with communication. That can be a browser extension (ad blockers and pop-up blockers are the most likely to cause issues), a browser security setting, a VPN, firewall, or an anti-virus blocking the communication. It sounds like, in this instance, using a different device allowed you to bypass the issue.

The URL displayed on the Add Account screen is typically the URL for the financial institution's home page or customer service page, and isn't necessarily the URL used when connecting your accounts with that financial institution to Quicken Simplifi.

Are you referring to the Help Center in the web app, the Help in the mobile app, or both? Since the Help Center button in the web app brings up a pop up window, it's a good idea to pause or temporarily disable any pop-up blockers.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@OneThree

Welcome to Quicken Simplifi. I'm a fellow user since 2022. Sometimes when I run into a connection problem when trying to connect to a bank I will open an InPrivate window. I have been using Edge to access Quicken Simplifi for quite a while with no issues.

Give InPriate a try and see if that helps with solving your bank connection problems.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.