Linked transfers that should not be linked!?

cowboydude99
cowboydude99 Member ✭✭
edited August 23 in Troubleshooting

Hello,

Often times I'll import transactions (due to ongoing banking issues with Optum, etc), and for some reason they'll automatically link to other transactions that have nothing to do with them…

Example - I had an ATM withdrawal for $100 earlier this month.

I imported the HSA transactions and since there is a $100 entry, they want to link…

Can I disable this or delete just one side of the transaction?

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@cowboydude99, thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

Quicken Simplifi is designed to automatically detect and link Transfers, so this is most likely what you're seeing. The only way to unlink the transaction if it's incorrectly linked as a Transfer is to change the Category to a non-Transfer Category. Otherwise, we do have an Idea post requesting the ability to disable the automatic linking of Transfers that I'd definitely suggest adding your vote and feedback to.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• cowboydude99
    cowboydude99 Member ✭✭

Hi @Coach Natalie

Thank you. By changing the category, it says it will delete the other side… Won't that be a problem?

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@cowboydude99 try going to the "other side" of the mistaken transfer and changing the category from that side.

For example: if the transaction is coming out of your checking account, go to the checking account register and locate the transaction. Then open the edit transaction window and change the account category Simplifi has assigned to the expense category the transaction belongs to.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • cowboydude99
    cowboydude99 Member ✭✭

@DannyB

Thanks.

By finding the 'good' transaction and breaking the link, it will delete the new transaction (the one that created the link).

If I try to manually create the deleted entry, will it not auto-link again?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@cowboydude99, it won't auto-link again — just set the transaction with an Expense Category when you re-create it and you should be good to go. The more you take manual corrective actions like this in Quicken Simplifi, the more you will teach the program!

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are both sides of the mismatched transfer transaction downloaded from your bank(s)?

Is QS warning you that if you break the link one side or the other will be deleted?

Is this an actual mismatched paring? In other words, did you buy something for $50 from let's say Amazon and when the transaction was downloaded into Simplifi, Simplifi misinterpreted it as that recurring monthly $50 transfer to your savings account?

Where did the mismatched transactions come form in QS? Bank download? Manual entry my you? QS created one side or the other when you created the transfer?

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.