Credit Karma Refugee

Robanthi
Robanthi Member
edited September 6 in Introduce yourself!

Hi. My wife and I are "Robanthi". We are Credit Karma refugees switching over to Quicken. We are just learning the ropes. So, I have a question. I have attached several bank and credit card accounts and am busy establishing recurring income and expenses listed in all the attached accounts. So, what does "connect with biller" mean in this context and what is the advantage of choosing to connect?

Comments

• Purtellr
    Purtellr Member

its how you connect with the biller to see your upcoming charges

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you can get connect with biller to work, it's good for retrieving your bill amount and due date, which is helpful if the amount varies unpredictability month to month.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @Robanthi,

Thanks for reaching out! You can connect to your various Billers to receive updated due dates and amounts every time a bill becomes available. Your Reminders will even update so you know exactly what's due and when! To go into more detail, here is a great article explaining how Bill Connect works and how to use it in Quicken Simplifi. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4962798-using-bill-connect-to-track-your-bills

-Coach Jon

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Robanthi

I just recently started using that feature and really like it. My suggestion would be to use it with any bills that vary from month-to-month. For me I use it primarily for utility bills and my cell phone bill.

Here’s an example of what it looks like in action. The bill with a green check has synced, the other one hasn’t synced yet. It did take me about 4 attempts to connect Verizon, but now that it’s connected, it works very consistently. I think I was probably just using the wrong biller.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to Quicken Simplifi, @Robanthi!

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Robanthi

One more thing about billers in case you run into this particular situation. I'm doing Simplifi for someone with two separate NIPSCO bills managed under the same U/P.

In setting each separate Recurring Series with the same Biller, I found that I could select the appropriate biller for that account series…

I haven't used it long enough to see how this works in reality, but I'm hopeful that I'll have to do less work tracking down how much each of these variable bills are.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to Simplifi, @Robanthi . I came from Mint before it became credit karma. I am happy so far.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.