Simplifi App iOS does not allow proper viewing of Reports-Income-View by Categories.

Alit
Alit Member
edited September 6 in Report a Bug

Simplifi App iOS does not allow proper viewing of Reports-Income-View by Categories. When i go to the app and try to view report by category for income, it just stays sorted by each date, it does not show the same way spending categories do. It does on HTLM site but not on app. Anyone know why or is it just me? Try it out.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @Alit,

Thanks for reaching out! Can you please supply a screenshot showing the issue in the report, on the Quicken Simplifi mobile application? This would help us to understand what exactly is occuring here.

Thanks!

-Coach Jon

• Alit
    Alit Member
    edited August 2

[reduced image size]

see Income-category report vs spending report. The income report does not properly display categories

• Alit
    Alit Member

Regarding Breakdown-by Category is not functioning in Income report for iOS

• Coach Jon

Hello @Alit,

Thanks for the response! I can see there might be some confusion here. The graph is what updates whenever you change the Breakdown in the Income report. Not the transactions listed below the graph. So what you are seeing is by design and not a bug.

I hope this clears up any confusion!

-Coach Jon

• Alit
    Alit Member

I’m very certain you are Incorrect. Please take another look.

Attached two new screenshots. One is in “none” breakdown, and the other is in “category” breakdown. Both are the same, clearly not by design. The categories breakdown within income simply does not work properly. Don’t dismiss it if you don’t understand

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Thank you for your reply,

I see the same thing when I view the income report on mobile. That said, since it breaks down by category and all my income transactions are subcategories of Personal Income, that is how I'd expect it to look. What categories/subcategories do you have assigned to your income transactions?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• Alit
    Alit Member

Please escalate this to a data engineer.

I have many subcategories for income. The whole point of breakdown by category is to do just that, break down the income into categories, not by date. Right now, the only category it shows is Personal Income, which is my MAIN income category. Then i Have many subcategories. THe point is, the categories should be broken down like Spending cateogries are, but income doesn't behave that way. It always shows the breakdwon by date.

• Alit
    Alit Member

Maybe the confusion lies in report for TOTAL spending vs just spending by month. Why isn't there a report for TOTAL income, like there is for TOTAL spending. Easily one of the best features is breaking down the income truly by category/subcategories. Seems like that can only be done with TOTAL income report, which appears like is not there at the moment on iOS app.

• Coach Jon

Hello @Alit,

Thanks for the reply. If you would like to see a change or add a feature to the current design, you can always create an idea post! Users would then be able to vote on and follow the idea post for updates.

We also have a great support article here that goes over how to use filters to filter your reports! You can view that here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4730541-using-reports-on-the-mobile-app#h_8fe588487e

Hope this information helps!

-Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.