Calm and in control badge not working

classicspam
classicspam Member
edited September 6 in Report a Bug

Hello, I have been using the app for about 10 months and have not gotten any of the calm and in control badges. My typical use case is logging in with the mobile Android app with biometric sign in and it seems like it is not counting that as a login....

Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

That shouldn't matter I would think since even though you use biometric security your username and password are still inputted to log into QSimplifi. One of the coaches will need to run this down for you.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Hello @classicspam,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. What kind of Android device(s) do you use with the Quicken Simplifi app? Do you completely close the Quicken Simplifi app when you're not using it? Which form of biometrics does it use (face identification, finger/thumbprint scan, etc.)?

Also, please send us feedback with log files attached. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    • With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    • Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4

Come to think of it, as a superuser who has been using this app mostly daily since 2021/2022 (I reset my data in 2022), I also haven't yet received the 2 week badge:

Sent feedback:

report created - reference id 444521410498908673

It's interesting, i think we looked at this in the past, that the "0 weeks" streak is shown under the "16 weeks in a row" badge.

I mostly uae the web app, but also use the Android app, and every now and then might use the iOS (iPad) app.

Rob Wilkens

• imdZigman
    imdZigman Member

Agreed…I also have the same issue on my Simplifi App on Apple using the latest iOS

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hey everyone, thanks for reaching out to let us know about this!

@classicspam & @imdZigman, do either of you use the Quicken Simplifi Web App at all, or are you solely on mobile? I'd like to do some testing to see if we can narrow things down for the Mobile App:

• If you have the ability to do so, try signing in on the Web App at least once a week for two consecutive weeks to see if you earn the first badge. This will help us determine if the issue is specific to your dataset, or specific to the Mobile App.
    • If you're using biometric sign-in on the Mobile App, try disabling it for two weeks to see if perhaps signing in/launching the app without it allows a badge to be earned.

We look forward to hearing back from you both in a couple of weeks!

@RobWilk, your issue appears to be different and is specific to your dataset. We already reported it in another thread. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• imdZigman
    imdZigman Member

Hi Natalie….I only rarely use the web app. I did use it yesterday, so can log-in again next week, etc, and see what happens. Question….on my iPad, if I log in via my browser, it uses the “app.simplifi.com” URL. Is that really just using the app, but via browser?

I can also turn off the biometrics, and log in each time on my devices.

• Coach Natalie

@imdZigman, thanks so much!

It sounds like you're using the Web App on your iPad's mobile browser (the Mobile App doesn't yet work on an iPad). Does that mean you've already been signing in to the Web App at least once a week? If so, do you leave your browser or Quicken Simplifi running in your browser or anything along those lines, or do you log in to a fresh session with each use?

-Coach Natalie

• imdZigman
    imdZigman Member

yes….I use both my IPad and my iPhone with Simplifi multiple times weekly. It may be running ongoing, as I don’t typically log out, though I frequently hard stop all of my apps on my iPad, including Simplifi. I don’t know if that would eventually cause a timeout on your side, such that my next visit would be a new session or not.

• Coach Natalie

@imdZigman, I'm honestly not sure what indicates a "log in" for the Achievement. For example, although I don't leave apps running on my phone, I also don't log in to the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App each time I launch it, as I'm already signed in. I use the Web App every day, though, so I wouldn't know if that works or not on mobile. Hopefully you can help test and narrow things down a bit for us!

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• imdZigman
    imdZigman Member
    edited August 6

@Coach Natalie I did learn something this morning. I had logged off of Simplifi on my iPad. When I logged-in this morning, I got a pop-up notification that the app was not optimized for the iPad screen. This tells me that I have, indeed, been using the app almost exclusively.

I also realized that my achievement for “calm and in Control” did have an “occurrence” on 7/31, which is a day when I logged into Simplifi using my laptop browser. This does seem to suggest that the “calm and in control” does not recognize instances where users like me, who use the app almost exclusively, are logging in.

• Coach Natalie

@imdZigman, thanks for the additional info!

If the issue is happening from the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App on an iPad specifically, we won't be able to escalate it. You mentioned that you also use the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App on your iPhone — can you try fully logging out and back in from there next week to see if it counts it as an occurrence, please? If it doesn't, log into the Web App to see if that gets you the 2-week badge at that time. The Achievement does say "log in" so I'm wondering if an actual login needs to happen.

-Coach Natalie

• imdZigman
    imdZigman Member

@Coach Natalie ….sorry…it’s not iPad-specific. I log-in daily (usually multiple times) via the app on my phone as well, so in either case, it appears the “calm and control” badge is only recognizing desktop logins…not mobile ones.

• Coach Natalie

@imdZigman, gotcha — thank you!

Please go ahead and still try logging into the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App on your iPhone without biometrics next week to see if that earns you the 2-week badge. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.