Schwab Equity Award accounts are no longer being imported!

2»

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hey everyone, if someone wants to contact Schwab and get proof that these account types are supported for connectivity in Quicken Simplifi, as well as a ticket number, we'd be able to push things along from our end.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• SLiang
    SLiang Member

Hi Coach Natalie,

I contacted Schwab Technical Support and they confirmed Equity Accounts are support on their Account Connector API. However, they are unable to create and provide me with a ticket number because they are uncertain if this is their issue. From their point of view, personal financial applications (like Quicken Simplifi, Monarch Money … etc.) use an account aggregator/connector (3rd party or internal) to connect to various financial institutions. Once Quicken Simplifi reaches out to its aggregator, the aggregator team/company has a direct line to Schwab to further troubleshoot issues. Then a ticket will be created if it is a real or suspected Schwab issue. On behalf of paid customers experiencing this problem, we would really appreciate it if you can raise the severity of this issue to the next level support/engineering team.

One more bit of troubleshooting information - I tested my account in Monarch Money and it also has the same problem retrieving data from my Schwab's Equity account. I know they use Finicity from Mastercard for aggregation and I assume Quicken Simplifi has an in-house or uses Intuit. This is not conclusive but does suggest the issue is with the aggregator/connector and Schwab.

Best,

SLiang

• Coach Natalie

@SLiang, thanks for letting us know!

We would need some form of documentation showing that Equity Accounts are supported for third-party aggregator access. Does Schwab perhaps have a help article or something on their website that goes over connectivity to third-party apps? We see on our end that the only account types supported on their OAuth API are: Brokerage, IRA, 401(k), Line of Credit, and Loans. With the account not connecting to Monarch Money on a different aggregator, I'd say the limitation seems to lie with Schwab.

-Coach Natalie

• jasnt
    jasnt Member
    edited August 19

I'm having the same issue. The linked OAuth API is from simplifi's own docs but does not reflect of what is visible from the Schwab 3rd party sharing settings. Is there a source from the Schwab API docs that show those are the only supported platforms?

For what it's worth, I don't have this issue on [removed]. I've been using that in the interim. Actually, I've just seen more general stability on their platform. I'm not sure what's going on with simplifi lately.

• I have the same issue. Schwab equity award account worked fine till a few weeks ago. tried reconnect/reset a few times, quicken just not links it. the other two accounts have no issue. I am using Quicken Classic, Deluxe Version 7.8.2 (Build 708.53926.100)

• Coach Natalie

@weisun2, since you're using Quicken Classic, you'll want to post to their Community instead: https://community.quicken.com/

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• kmb
    kmb Member

When can we expect Schwab equity account sync to work again?

• k2fong
    k2fong Member

Exact same issue here as well (was working but now its not). Asking users to reach out to Charles Schwab to fix imo will be quite fruitless as user have no idea what exactly isn’t working. Since this seems like a global outage for this type of account for all users, really wish Simplifi will take the lead to address/troubleshoot/fix this issue for all the pay users that depends on this.

• kmb
    kmb Member

"if someone wants to contact Schwab and get proof that these account types are supported..."

It's wholly inappropriate to task your users with gathering financial institution API documentation for you.

Presumably Quicken has already joined Schwab's developer/partner program so your responsible developers should be able to sign into the Schwab Developer Portal and review the API documentation or contact Schwab's developer support to find this information for themselves.

• Coach Natalie

Hey everyone! This issue has been escalated internally. You can all follow our Alert for future updates:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭✭

No luck so far. Also, the manual account (after disconnecting) now shows $0, which leaves a gap in reporting histories and graphs.

• Also having this same issue, Schwab Equity Award account used to be imported fine but now is missing when adding Schwab newly.

• LEBATO
    LEBATO Member

Not to tack on to this but it is indeed unprofessional, so I felt like highlighting this. You can't get away with that sort of response for a paid product, this is not mint.

Needless to say I am also impacted by this bug. I'm glad it's at least officially acknowledged, so I'm waiting to be notified this is fixed.

• agirault
    agirault Member
    edited September 10

+ 1 for this. Btw @Coach Natalie , probably same issue here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7954395/issues-with-schwab-equity-awards-account-t

How is there no tests for this to catch internally is pretty crazy for such a major bank. As you tackle this, please make sure to improve your testing coverage so it doesn't take so many affected users to argue that this is an issue instead of asking them to figure it out on the other side or to find docs themselves.

We're paying, it's not our job to investigate or figure out whose "fault" it is, you and Schwab should be talking when your users are affected.