Similar transactions show the wrong date

quick username
quick username Member ✭✭
edited September 20 in Troubleshooting

I've noticed a few times now that when I have similar bank transactions, all the dates end up getting changed by Simplifi to the same date, even though the transactions are posted a few days apart.

The problem is that it looks like I made a multiple transactions on the same day, like I accidentally sent the transfer twice, which raises my blood pressure until I realize it's not a banking error but a Simplifi error just changing the dates for my benefit?

Please consider updating your algorithms to never changing the posted date automatically.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @quick username,

Thanks for reaching out! To help us better understand your situation, could you go into more detail on what specifically is occuring when these date changes happen, and please provide an example in the form of a screenshot showing the transactions that have had their dates changed?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• quick username
    quick username Member ✭✭
    edited August 16

It appears if similar transfers happen within a few days apart, Simplifi is trying to join/merge the similar transfers all together but linking the wrong ones and changing the dates from the statement date.

I have to go back to my previously reviewed line items and manually re-categorize and re-set the date to the statement date.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @quick username,

Thanks for the reply and screenshot! Can you please let us know what you mean when you say "similar transfers"? Do you mean their amounts, payees, dates, etc. are similar?

Quicken Simplifi does automatically link transfers it identifies, and when it does, they do assume the same date. If you would like for linked transfer transactions to not have the same date, we do have a great idea post here you may vote for!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• quick username
    quick username Member ✭✭

I agree with @max4 ; simplify shouldn't be fudging the dates because it thinks the transactions are related. The posted date is what it is. Instead of considering this a "great idea post" it should be logged and solved as a bug.

This discussion has been closed.