Undo or adjust an amount withdrawn from a goal

tazelahy
tazelahy Member
edited September 13 in Using Savings Goals

I made a withdraw from a goal and received a discount on the payment that the withdraw was taken for. How do I adjust the withdraw amount without adding more money to my goal as I'm not adding money to the goal, just putting it back.

Do I adjust my goal to be the current Goal Total + the discounted amount and make a contribution for the discounted amount to get back to proper available in the goal?

EX: goal was 450, have 145 funded, took out 45 for a purchase and the goal has 100 remaining, only needed 35 for the transaction. $10 now in tracking limbo.

If you contribute to the goal it would be 450 goal, 155 funded 110 available but in reality it should still be 450/145/110. That still has a missing 10 on the goal overall because the 10 should be refunded back to the goal, not added.

Looking forward to any feedback.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @tazelahy,

Thanks for the post! I am not quite sure I understand completely with the provided examples, however. Can you supply a screenshot showing what the Savings Goal looks like currently and then explain what you need it to look like for better clarity?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• tazelahy
    tazelahy Member

We'll start with a goal set to $100 with $50 funded in it.

I have a purchase to make of $40 that is to be funded from the goal. I withdraw $40 from the goal leaving it with $50 left to save and $10 available.

After withdrawing the funds, it turns out that I did not need $40 but only $30 so I have $10 that needs to be put back into my goal. If I contribute the $10, it will say that I have $40 left to save but in reality, I should still have $50 to save and $20 available.

The only way that I can figure out to get this to show properly for the amount to save and available is to bump the goal by the money that should be put back, aka, the $10.

But overall, my Spent is incorrect as it has me spending $40, not $30, essentially being a bookkeeping error as the purchase against the goal will not match the withdraw from the goal.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @tazelahy,

Thanks for the clarification. There is currently no way in Quicken Simplifi to undo/adjust the spent amount for a Savings Goal. We do have an Idea post however that you can vote for that goes along with what you are wanting.

In the meantime, to correct that amount, you would need to recreate the savings goal and indicate a 'Saved so far' amount to account for what has been saved thus far. Then, withdraw again for the spent amount to be correct.

I hope this information helps!

-Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.