Ability to breakdown Reports 'By Account' [edited] (1 Merged Vote)

jsy42
jsy42 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Feature Requests

I frequently need to find the total spend for an account in a previous month. The only way to do this now is to enter a search query or multi-select many transactions in the transaction list for the account.

Instead, it seems like you should be able to use Insights to view Spending by Account for (Month, Last Month, etc.).

8 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭

@jsy42 I see what you mean. You can see all of the transactions for a single Payee, or all of the transactions for a single month, but not both! However, you can set up a Watchlist for a Payee, with a spending target, and see your previous monthly activity for that Payee. Let us know if you have questions about how to do that, and welcome to Simplifi!

• On the Spending report, it would be nice to be able to breakdown expenses by account. It would give the ability to see which kinds of expenses are running through each bank account/credit card/etc. 
  • dagnabit2000
    dagnabit2000 Member ✭✭✭
    It would be great to be able to filter by account type when generating reports.  For example Credit Card,  Savings, Checking, etc.  The accounts are already grouped in this manor on the Accounts list just use those categories.
  • I would like the ability to also view reports broken down by account. This would allow me e.g. to quickly see how much I spent on each rewards credit card over the last quarter, so that I can see where I was close / went over the maximum rewards limit.

Without this feature, I can still see my spending per account by using the report's Filters, selecting each account one-at-a-time, viewing the total, and repeating. But this feature would save time.

Thank you for your consideration and effort!

• Melisa
    Melisa Member

Hello, Simplify team,

This is hopefully a quick "new idea". It would be nice to be able to break down a report per account; that way, I could see how much money I spend in a given week for each credit card account. I like paying my cards weekly, that would help in seeing the expense for a given week for each account to schedule that payment.

Thank you!