Mobile Phone Widgets for 'Spending Plan' and 'Upcoming' [edited] (1 Merged Vote)

HSC
HSC Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Feature Requests
I'd love to see a phone widget that can show you how much you have left to spend in the month. That would make it super easy to see at-a-glance.
74 votes

In Review · Last Updated

This Idea has been submitted for review!

Comments

• bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭

Good idea!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited October 2020

Hello @HSC,

Thanks for taking the time to visit the Community and post your feature request! I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post so that other Users can vote on it. Please be sure to add your vote as well!

I do have a couple of questions to clarify the request, however. Are you aware of the current Spending Plan widget that's available on the Mobile App Dashboard, or are you looking to see the current widget enhanced in some way?

Please let us know! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

• HSC
    HSC Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie,

I don't see any widget available at all on iOS. Maybe there's just an Android one?

I'd like to be able to stick a widget on my phone's main screen that shows how much money I have left to spend that month without having to launch an app or navigate to a website. So it's just... always there!

Thanks!
  • Coach Natalie

Hello @HSC,

Gotcha! You're looking for a phone widget, not a widget for the home screen of the Simplifi Mobile App. That's a great idea; thanks for sharing! :blush:

-Coach Natalie

• cgriffin2157
    cgriffin2157 Member ✭✭✭
    This is a fantastic idea, especially now that you can place widgets anywhere on iOS 14... would be cool to see what's left to spend right on my phone's home screen.
  • snowboardsurfer
    snowboardsurfer Unconfirmed, Member

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭✭
    I vote yes!!

• Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I feel that more iOS widgets would be a great addition.

1. A widget showing the status of your monthly spending plan or overall monthly to see a status on your monthly budget.
    2. I widget showing you upcoming bills.

Just a thought
  • Coach Natalie
    edited September 2021
    Hello @Steve86,

Thank you for posting your suggestion to the Community!

To clarify, are you referring to an actual phone widget, or the Dashboard widgets available on the Simplifi Mobile App? If the former, we do already have an existing Idea post requesting a phone widget for the Spending Plan that I'd be happy to merge your post and vote count with, as well as include the 'Upcoming' widget as part of the request. 

[removed self-referencing link to merged thread]

Please let me know, thank you! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes you are correct Natalie an actual phone widget I will comment further on the other thread
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes you are correct I would like to see additional phone widgets. I hate to make direct comparisons but Mint has a cool widget which sums up your monthly budget. How much is in your monthly budget and the status of some of those budget items. I know Simplifi uses a slightly different model but as the month goes on it would be nice to have a widget to quickly see the status of some planned spending items (e.g. how am I doing on groceries and gas so far this month) or even bill widget (e.g. bill x, and y are coming up)
  • purdnost
    purdnost Member ✭✭✭✭
    This feature is at the top of my wants list. I’m currently using Reminders app widgets in iOS to accomplish this, but I have to manually update them. Check out the Copilot and OpenBudget iOS apps to see how they’ve implemented this, and quite nicely.
  • Giantsfan
    Giantsfan Member ✭✭✭
    I would love to see this!

An important use case for me would be having my personal spending category front and center on my Home Screen, so I know exactly how much I can spend if I am at a coffee shop or want to pick up lunch.
  • iberamen
    iberamen Member
    Would love to see this!
  • For Android, I'd love a simplifi widget for the homescreen that shows available balance for the spending plan and an option to refresh. 
  • SimplifineHowareyou
    SimplifineHowareyou Member ✭✭✭
    I'd like to check the Spending Plan at a glance and see "Can I afford this?" based on Spending Plan limits and balances. With a mobile app widget for the Spending Plan, I'd use Simplifi exponentially more. The full mobile app unfortunately has too much lag to use it almost ever. Even with the Spending Plan set atop the Dashboard, it still takes too long to load every time, and then takes swipes to see all categories. Going into the actual Spending Plan section shows only the names of the parent categories (Income After Bills, Planned Spending, Other Spending) and strangely doesn't show the categories of the actual Spending Plan. So that takes even longer to navigate. Overall, the app isn't much help. But if the app merely had a Spending Plan widget, Simplifi would instantly become one of the most used apps for me.
  • SimplifineHowareyou
    Hi @Coach Natalie , Thank you for merging this request. I see its status stands at Active. Could you tell me specifically what that means for this request?
  • Coach Natalie
    No problem, @SimplifineHowareyou!

An 'Active' Idea post means that it's open for voting. Once the Idea is being considered by the Product Team, the status will change to "In Review"; once it's actually being worked on, the status will change to "In Progress", etc. 

I hope this helps, but let us know if you have any further questions.

-Coach Natalie
  • MoneySkeets
    MoneySkeets Member ✭✭✭
    YES PLEASE - especially over how much do I have left and please give me the option of bigger widgets!
  • SimplifineHowareyou
    edited October 2022
    Any update on this suggestion, @Coach Natalie? It's the top Active feature request, not to mention a pretty handy one to increase engagement and customer base.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @SimplifineHowareyou,

Thanks for reaching out!

Sadly, there is no further update to provide on this request at this time. I do see that it has quite a few votes, so I'll be sure to mention it to our Product Team and get their feedback. 

Please continue to follow along here for future updates!

-Coach Natalie
  • jbentley
    jbentley Member
    edited January 2023
    [removed]

I've downloaded every personal finance app that I could find over the last two days trying to find one that both includes pending transactions in my balance and has a widget on Android. As far as I can tell, none exist. I can't be the only one who wants this, it is the killer feature that would make me use Simplifi over any other app. Mint, for reference, has several widgets, but refuses to include pending transactions which is a deal breaker for me.
  • volchic16
    volchic16 Member
    edited February 2023
    [removed] any updates since Oct on additional phone widgets and customization for certain budget spend or overall monthly spend for both iOS and Android?
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @volchic16,

Thanks for the inquiry!

If you navigate to the very first post in this thread, you'll see that the Idea status is "In Review" with a note stating that the Idea has been submitted for review. This status was just updated in December and there have been no further updates since that time. Once an update does become available, the status will be updated accordingly. 

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie
  • rhayle
    rhayle Member

Coming from Mint, I really miss the mobile desktop widget. I would like the ability to show current balance of my chosen account and have it automatically updated throughout the day.