Mobile Phone Widgets for 'Spending Plan' and 'Upcoming' [edited] (1 Merged Vote)

HSC
HSC Member ✭✭
edited August 30 in Feature Requests
I'd love to see a phone widget that can show you how much you have left to spend in the month. That would make it super easy to see at-a-glance.
24 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭

Good idea!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited October 2020

Hello @HSC,

Thanks for taking the time to visit the Community and post your feature request! I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post so that other Users can vote on it. Please be sure to add your vote as well!

I do have a couple of questions to clarify the request, however. Are you aware of the current Spending Plan widget that's available on the Mobile App Dashboard, or are you looking to see the current widget enhanced in some way?

Please let us know! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

• HSC
    HSC Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie,

I don't see any widget available at all on iOS. Maybe there's just an Android one?

I'd like to be able to stick a widget on my phone's main screen that shows how much money I have left to spend that month without having to launch an app or navigate to a website. So it's just... always there!

Thanks!
  • Coach Natalie

Hello @HSC,

Gotcha! You're looking for a phone widget, not a widget for the home screen of the Simplifi Mobile App. That's a great idea; thanks for sharing! :blush:

-Coach Natalie

• cgriffin2157
    cgriffin2157 Member ✭✭
    This is a fantastic idea, especially now that you can place widgets anywhere on iOS 14... would be cool to see what's left to spend right on my phone's home screen.
  • snowboardsurfer
    snowboardsurfer Unconfirmed, Member

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jedp
    Jedp Member ✭✭✭
    I vote yes!!

• Steve86
    Steve86 Member
    edited August 27
    I feel that more iOS widgets would be a great addition.

1. A widget showing the status of your monthly spending plan or overall monthly to see a status on your monthly budget.
    2. I widget showing you upcoming bills.

Just a thought
  • Coach Natalie
    edited September 7
    Hello @Steve86,

Thank you for posting your suggestion to the Community!

To clarify, are you referring to an actual phone widget, or the Dashboard widgets available on the Simplifi Mobile App? If the former, we do already have an existing Idea post requesting a phone widget for the Spending Plan that I'd be happy to merge your post and vote count with, as well as include the 'Upcoming' widget as part of the request. 

[removed self-referencing link to merged thread]

Please let me know, thank you! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member
    Yes you are correct Natalie an actual phone widget I will comment further on the other thread
  • Steve86
    Steve86 Member
    Yes you are correct I would like to see additional phone widgets. I hate to make direct comparisons but Mint has a cool widget which sums up your monthly budget. How much is in your monthly budget and the status of some of those budget items. I know Simplifi uses a slightly different model but as the month goes on it would be nice to have a widget to quickly see the status of some planned spending items (e.g. how am I doing on groceries and gas so far this month) or even bill widget (e.g. bill x, and y are coming up)
  • purdnost
    purdnost Member ✭✭✭
    This feature is at the top of my wants list. I’m currently using Reminders app widgets in iOS to accomplish this, but I have to manually update them. Check out the Copilot and OpenBudget iOS apps to see how they’ve implemented this, and quite nicely.
  • Giantsfan
    Giantsfan Member ✭✭
    I would love to see this!

An important use case for me would be having my personal spending category front and center on my Home Screen, so I know exactly how much I can spend if I am at a coffee shop or want to pick up lunch.