Number format wrong on email notifications (edited)

RobWilk
RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Report a Bug

I received the following low balance e-mail (after a chase account 'corrected' to a balance that was now incorrect because i earlier force cleared a transaction to correct an earlier problem):

In U.S. Dollars, the number format for currency typically has two (and always 2) digits after the decimal point.  Also, one might expect the negative sign to be in front of the dollar sign but that might be less important.

-Rob

Rob Wilkens

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Separate issue may be important too -=- on that same alert, but in the app, it's missing a negative sign on the balance:

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited September 2022
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thank you for taking the time to report this to the Community, although I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing an issue with notifications in Simplifi.

It looks like the issue with the four decimal places on the email notification has already been reported, so I did go ahead and get your information added to the ticket. As for the Web App notification missing the negative sign, I added this to the existing ticket to make the Team aware of this additional issue. I'll post back as soon as any updates are received. :smile:

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-13334
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    [this message no longer applies, the original reply above was fixed]

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited September 2022
    Hello @RobWilk

Oops! My apologies -- the existing ticket is for the email notification, and I corrected that the negative sign is missing on the Web App. I also corrected my response above. I'll let you know when there's an update. :wink:

-Coach Natalie
  • pawebb
    pawebb Member ✭✭✭

Just tagging on this to see what happens. I am also seeing the 4 decimal places.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023

I think we originally reported something similar a while back.

This is about the "You got paid" e-mail alerts.

First, the "You received $xxxx.xx" part of the e-mail was right, which i think used to be wrong.

But, in the bottom half of the e-mail, it says "Expected amount: $xxxx.xx00" which is still 2 extra 0's after the change which for US currency shouldn't be there. IT should be similar to "$xxxx.xx".

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    edited October 2023

Thanks, @RobWilk!

It looks like the ticket for the originally reported issue for the low balance email notifications has had various other types of email notifications added to it that present the same problem, so I went ahead and added the "You got paid" example (I see it as well and grabbed a screenshot).

There hasn't been any recent updates on the ticket, unfortunately; as soon as any news becomes available, or if they want separate tickets, etc., I'll be sure to post back here. In the meantime, we'll just keep track of all of the email notifications that present this issue in this one thread. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

QCS-14815

• Jim F
    Jim F Member
    edited November 2023

Found this today in the "Success! Your bill was paid" email, brand new user.

Also found the 4 decimal defect in the "Cha-ching. You got paid!" Email, too. Seems like this is still something needing more than just email template by email template attention.

• khad
    khad Member ✭✭✭

This seems the same or at least similar to the problem I saw with a bank fee refund showing a notification that I was charged. The code for the notifications doesn't seem to be handling positive/negative values correctly when the opposite of what is expected shows up:

• I recently received an email about a high credit card balance. The amount quoted in the email was $6831.2500 … it's technically not wrong (so maybe not a bug), but the extra zeroes are odd.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin

Hello @Marchaprl,

As you can see in the above discussion, the issue you're encountering has been reported. Please bookmark this thread to receive updates (if you don't see the option to bookmark the thread, please make sure you're logged into the Community).

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.