Ability to view/apply Simplifi's renaming logic in addition to user-created Payee Rules (edited)

Kanda
Kanda Member ✭✭
edited October 2022 in Feature Requests

[removed - inaccurate]. This can create confusion and frustration when the automatic-renaming is poor - [removed - inaccurate].

Instead, on first match, Simplifi should alert the user and present its renaming rule as a "suggested rule" that can be accepted by the user.

If accepted by the user it is placed alongside the user-created rules for later editing or removal. If rejected, Simplifi should use the payee as retrieved from the financial institution, without modification. 

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @Kanda,

Thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

I just wanted to clarify that Simplifi uses the "Appears on your statement as..." info to apply Payee Rules to downloaded transactions. This is the info that is provided by the bank, not the renaming logic that Simplifi uses. If you have a Payee Rule setup with certain keywords, Simplifi will look for those in the "Appears on your statement as..." info, and then apply the Payee Rule instead of using renaming logic. With that said, I have gone ahead and edited your post above to remove areas of inaccuracy.

If you're seeing behavior outside of what I've described here, I'd suggest creating a bug report post to outline the issue and provide specific examples so we can take a closer look. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Kanda
    Kanda Member ✭✭
    Thanks Natalie, it looks my interpretation of what I saw was incorrect! I'll see if I can reproduce what was frustrating me and will write it up if I can.