Tell us about your Notifications!

Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited January 2023 in The Water Cooler
We want to hear about your Simplifi Notifications! What Notifications do you have enabled and what do you find most useful about them when it comes to managing your finances? Do you prefer Email Notifications, Push Notifications, or In-Product Notifications? Are there certain Notifications that are more helpful to receive a certain way?

Also, what types of Notifications would you like to see added to Simplifi? How would they be helpful? Please let us know by commenting below!

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    My Notifications are interesting but often wrong.

For example, I got one today which said I have 7 bills in the next week...

However, when I click "see bills" I see *4*...

I could totally understand "why" it might say 6 if CapOne transactions are transfers and have two sides (source account and target account) meaning 2 "bills" for each transfer.

However, even with that, it's off-by-one.

I might argue recurring transfer are not bills.  They're not bills Just because they're entered under recurring, that is.

I would find it more useful if it was accurate.

Rob Wilkens

• JAL
    JAL Member
    I would like to have the ability to turn off in product notifications.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @JAL go to Settings > Notifications and then you can go down the list and select what you want to receive notifications about and how you want to be notified, email, text or both... or you can turn of both text and email for all your notifications.
    Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer in-app notifications.  I am fairly minimalist. 

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite thing about Notifications is when I can edit them!  Right now I have the "High credit card balance" set to $5000, but if I ever want to change that to $4000, I can tweak it to match my needs.

Changes I'd love to see:
    1. Add EDIT to more Notifications especially "Income received"!  For example, for my paycheck I deposit $55 into one account, $35 into another account, and the remainder into a third account.  Currently, I receive three (3) notifications.  I'd love to turn off notifications for the two smaller amounts unless they're more than $1000.
    2. Agree with @JAL.  I wish there was a way to limit Notifications in the Web App / Mobile App.  Please add "In App" as a colum.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • The iOS notifications within the app are very annoying to me, personally. I don't want to click them to make them disappear so instead I have to swipe them away but the space to do that action is so small I end up not swiping or clicking on accounts. 
This discussion has been closed.