Support multiple currencies

robert
robert Member ✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

Simplifi should support accounts with different currencies, as does Quicken.

Tagged:
38 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@robert I appreciate the feedback!

• zhivago
    zhivago Member
    I agree. Plenty of us use more than just USD
  • yes please add other currencies as it’s difficult to navigate without seeing all my income! 
  • Yes pls add multiple currency support including Indian Rupee.
  • harinath
    harinath Member ✭✭
    Yes, please add support for INR currency
  • Please add foreign currency accounts feature. 
  • Heros K2
    Heros K2 Member
    edited September 2022
    If account is manually updated (i.e. via CSV file) I can understand the logic of having to update the currency figures manually as well, but for any account that is integrated with Simplifi (e.g. Paypal, Amex, Citi Foreign Credit Cards etc) AND has potential to display foreign currencies, Simplify should definitely be able to support the Forex so that consolidated reporting is correct and useful.
  • zhivago
    zhivago Member
    I have actually stopped using Simplifi because there has been no progress on this issue
  • Trial user here. The Getting Started article about currency support mentions only being to connect to US banks as the reason for only supporting USD. However, some US banks allow accounts with foreign currencies (including one of my connected accounts). I also have manually-entered Euro accounts so the connection issue is moot for those. 
  • Please add this… many digital nomads are earning money in USD and spending in EUR or other currencies. My account balances are always off (and so are my spending reports) because I have checking accounts in different currencies.

• As a user, I'd like the ability to handle both Canadian and US accounts, representing both in whichever base currency I choose like in Quicken for Mac.

Background: I'm currently paying for both Simplifi and Quicken subscriptions. I was hoping Simplifi could be, well, a simpler Quicken for me (not because Quicken is too complicated - I love the features - but because I don't have time to spend managing it). It's not too far off, but there are some pain points, this being of the more painful sort.

• Simplifi is able to add and pull records from my Indian bank but shows INR as USD which should ideally be converted to USD before showing.

• just a newbie to Quicken SImplifi, still wondering if Simplifi is support multi currency.

• Christaaay
    Christaaay Member ✭✭✭

is there a way to do this in a manual account since support isn't responsive to this request?

• Batman03
    Batman03 Member
    edited March 7

I just said for INR, you can expand to multiple countries based on popularity.