Please have 2FA available via QR Code/Apps when signing into Simplifi (edited)

Options
leos
leos Member
edited January 2023 in Feature Requests
Can we please have 2FA available via a QR code so I don't have to keep checking my phone or email?
15 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @leos,

Thank you for posting your request to the Community!

Would you mind clarifying whether you're referring to MFA with your banks or MFA when signing into the Simplifi App, please? 

-Coach Natalie
  • schneidasaurus
    Options
    Upvoted assuming @leos is referring to MFA when signing into Simplifi
  • sparkyvision
    Options

I definitely want this functionality as well. It's 2023, it is absurd to be using SMS and email codes for logging into an application. There are several third-party apps available for this purpose, or you can build 2FA into the Simplifi app which is already on my phone. Manually entering a code from a text message is pretty hack.

• Rick K.
    Rick K. Member
    Options

Agree.

• sushilove
    sushilove Member
    Options

Yes please! This is a must. Surprised that a company as big as Quicken hasn't done this. SMS or email codes are not secure and NIST removed them from their guidelines years ago.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I threw my vote in, but I'm not even sure if i would bother using this feature. When I'm working on the macbook, I don't want to have to always have my cell phone on me to authenticate the account — especially early mornings when I wake up before others and want to check simplifi without having to make noise getting the phone and wake others. I'm sort of of the mind that nothing on the internet is private, and if i was more concerned i would use quicken off-line rather than simplifi.

Rob Wilkens

• sushilove
    sushilove Member
    Options

@RobWilk I agree it would be inconvenient to do this everytime. It should only be for logging in from new/unrecognized browser or device.

• e5hapiro
    Options

Both 2FA through authenticator and passkeys

• Supervroom
    Options

Upvoted. I'm a bit surprised it has been almost a year since this thread started, and it hasn't been approved yet.