Ability to Split Categories in Category Rules (edited)

Flopbot
Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2021 in Feature Requests
Greetings,

Please consider adding the ability to split categories in Rules.  Right now, it's just this with  just one category...

In my case, I'd like to create a rule for "State Farm" that whenever it's downloaded, it automatically does this split:

Rename State Farm, Inc. to State Farm and auto categorize it as a split of...
  • Auto Insurance = $50
  • Life Insurance = $25
  • Disability Insurance = $10
I'm guessing this would need the flexibility to be either a percentage split OR an exact amount split of the downloaded amount.

FYI, these are my two levels of Categories related to insurance.  Ideally, I'd like to split them up separately.

Insurance
  • Auto Insurance
  • Life Insurance
  • Disability Insurance
Chris
Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
New to Simplifi in 2021.
10 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Jose_Lori
    Jose_Lori Member
    edited April 2022
    This is exactly what I would like to see but for different reasons. My wife is self employed and receives payments from the State. She would like to be able to split the payments
    • Business Income - 66%
    • Tax Withholding- 33%
    I'm pretty sure this is already a feature in [removed] and would like to see it here ASAP!

thanks
  • This is a great idea and it would be super helpful. The ability to allocate to multiple categories based on %s would be a big time saver. 
  • Simply a plus one; definitely a feature I had used for the past decade or more with Quicken -- would love to see it here also