Show Institution Names on Dashboard/Account List (edited)

johnb
johnb Member
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

I have over a dozen checking accounts, how am I supposed to know which checking account is associated with which bank when looking at the dashboard? It lists a dozen different "Checking" accounts. Sure, I can manually edit the account name and prepend each of them with the bank/institution name, ex: "Bank of America - Advantage Plus Checking" but that seems silly. Also long account names get truncated, which results in an account name like: "Bank of America - Advantage..."

Your system already knows which institution owns each account, why not include that info? Mint and PersonalCapital already do this.

8 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭

@johnb I agree! This is an excellent suggestion, and I've already cast my "vote" to move it up our priority list. Other users have requested that Simplifi offer a suggested name for each new account you add, based on the information we have (like the name and last 4 digits of a credit card) , to give them a chance to accept, reject, or modify that suggestion. We appreciate your feedback!

• I agree and it is important. What I’ve done, is rename each account with the abbreviation of the bank institution in the beginning of their name. This has helped me keep track of the different banks.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello All, 

The Community Support Team reviews long-standing Idea posts for relevancy and current interest. This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and we would like to gauge the current level of interest in this request. 

If you would like to see this Idea implemented, please add your vote and a comment explaining how this request would be beneficial for you. More details on voting for Idea posts can be found in our FAQ here

Thank you,

Simplifi Community Support Team

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not against this idea, i'm just not sure it would be useful for me… For example, if I separated by bank I could still have that bank "heading" listed three separate times under checking, savings, and credit card. And you can edit the account to just say "BoA" for example, which it would sort by).

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm with @RobWilk on this. Was this an issue in the early days of Simplifi where Simplifi defaulted to generic names such as "Checking" "Savings" or some such that has since been changed? I don't remember this being a problem when I was setting up Simplifi.

Not sure how it would be any more useful since I would rename all my accounts in a way that makes sense to me.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer