Add additional Frequency options for Recurring Transactions [edited] (26 Merged Votes)

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for the inquiry!

Although I'm not sure where exactly our Team is at on this enhancement, I do know that it is actively being worked on. With that being said, I'd definitely suggest continuing to follow along here for updates. :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • gildrush
    gildrush Member ✭✭
    It would be a huge help if in "Recurring Series" like Quicken you could schedule a monthly income such as SSI. Where it comes for example, on the third Wednesday of each month. This means the income is recieved on a different date every month. The Recurring Series does not offer this option. So the "Event Reminder" has to be changed every month.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    If you dig around, you'll find there's an existing topic about this, I would say to vote that up but for most of a year it's been in "underway" type status, which means you can't vote on it -- they're just working on it, so all we can do is wait.

See [removed self-referencing link]

Rob Wilkens

• The New York Times subscription is every 4 weeks so the date it is charged changes every month. So right now I have to manually connect the recurring instance with the transaction. Would be great to have the ability to set up recurring charges by number of days, weeks or months.
  • Wondering
    Wondering Member
    I would really like an update on this.  Implementing frequency options shouldn't be that difficult.
  • Coach Natalie
    Thanks for reaching out @Wondering!

Sadly, there's no update to provide on this request as of yet. With that being said, however, this request is at the top of my list to get an update for, so I'm hoping to have an answer/update for everyone within the next few weeks. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Send513
    Send513 Member
    All for any duration 'x' weekly recurring bills and or subscriptions I have stuff that ranges from 2-12 weeks, being pinned into monthly when its really every 5 weeks is maddening.
  • +1 on this feature. I've noticed that meal prep and dog food services are often recurring in intervals not offered currently in the dropdown menu, e.g. every 5 weeks. 
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    On "Additional Frequency Options" -- my vehicle registration is every 2 years, and there is no clean way to handle that as of now.

Rob Wilkens

• jstat87
    jstat87 Member
    edited July 2022
    I have multiple bills that run on a 30 day cycle so my bill reminders are off every month.  Is there any way to add a 30 day option to the frequency?
  • gildrush
    gildrush Member ✭✭
    Social Security checks arrive on different days every month. For example it will be 2nd Wednesday of every month. Which means the deposit date has to be changed every month. This works correctly in the Quicken app. Hopefully this can be done in Simplifi.
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello All,

Although there is no official ETA to provide on this request as of yet, I was able to confirm that our Team is still working on bringing additional Reminder frequency options to Simplifi and that this request is making its way to the top of the list. 

We're not entirely sure what this will look like yet, or what specific frequencies will be added, however, we have strongly suggested a "custom" option so as to meet all frequency needs.

Please be sure to stay tuned here for future updates!

-Coach Natalie
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello All,

Although we don't have an ETA to provide on additional Reminder frequencies as of yet, our Team is hard at work on making this happen! It sounds like the options will be a mix of how Quicken is set up and how Google Calendar works, however, the Team hasn't shared the exact details yet. 

We're so excited to see this finally happen!! More to come! 🥳

-Coach Natalie
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello All,

Although we don't have an ETA to provide on additional Reminder frequencies as of yet, our Team is hard at work on making this happen! It sounds like the options will be a mix of how Quicken is set up and how Google Calendar works, however, the Team hasn't shared the exact details yet. 

We're so excited to see this finally happen!! More to come! 🥳

-Coach Natalie

I missed this post!   Wow, progress on this issue is a good sign thanks for sharing. 

Rob Wilkens

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    When creating a new recurring series for a Bill or Subscription, allow a Custom recurrence.  For example I have a three year recurring subscription paid today and want to set the Frequency to three years.  Currently the longest Frequency is "Every Year".
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was already in the works i think, voted on and work started they said.

Rob Wilkens

• wiltap
    wiltap Member
    I want my daily expenses to show in my cash flow projection, but can only put in weekly (or longer) timeframes for recurrence.  I made a workaround, but want to get daily added to the list.
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was another idea post already voted on and work underway for more recurring frequency options.  This might be included in that.

Rob Wilkens

• spyderdan
    spyderdan Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    I have certain bills that are processed every 4 weeks. Currently there is no option to have these properly represented as a recurring bill at this interval. Please include every 4 weeks or the ability to create more advanced recurring schedules
  • mschauer
    mschauer Member

Any update from the team on this? I agree that a custom option would be recommended. Every x days, weeks, months, or years would nail it down for everybody.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

No, every x days/weeks/months/years would not work for everyone. For example, i get paid on third wednesday of month, and day after third wednesday auto transfer happens. Other options discussed earlier cover these scenarios. Still an every 4

Rob Wilkens

• PhilS
    PhilS Member

The adding of more reoccurring frequency options has been talked about for over a year. Back in July 2022, Coach Natalie said:

“Although there is no official ETA to provide on this request as of yet, I was able to confirm that our Team is still working on bringing additional Reminder frequency options to Simplifi and that this request is making its way to the top of the list. ”

I'm wondering if the Simplifi team is too busy puting out fires to work on a much requested and needed feature.

If there is an update on this, that would be helpful.

Thanks

• Wondering
    Wondering Member
    edited March 2023

Still in the works. I left for [removed] long ago.

• MoneyBags
    MoneyBags Member

+1 for adding "every four weeks" and the other period specifications to this.

• Also +1 for adding "Every Four Weeks" to the period options.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is there any update on this? I have a recurring transaction that happens every 4 weeks. I've set it up as Monthly but then I end up with a couple of extra occurrences per year.

• Norm6257
    Norm6257 Member ✭✭✭

There needs to be more recurrance options. I have subscriptions that renew every two years or every three years and there's no way to set that up in Simplifi.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I've also got some every three year subscriptions. Specifically surrounding domain name registration and even hosting. I agree that it would be nice to have that in recurring billing.

Rob Wilkens

• G33k
    G33k Member

I have 2 bills that are charged on Fridays every 4 weeks. The only option is every month, but that would be by date, not day.

Thanks!!

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

This has already been requested, and as i understand "They're working on it." They talked about how it would work on that post -

[removed self-referencing link to merged thread]

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.