Add additional Frequency options for Recurring Transactions [edited] (26 Merged Votes)

Options
13»

Comments

• ecoffey23
    Options

The current options are the most common but don't allow for all scenarios.

I have several services on an every 3-week cadence or every 4 months, etc.

Would love to be able to set these up as recurring.

Thanks

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

This has been "in progress" about a year.. see the last update from august 2022 saying it will be somewhere between how quicken and google calendar with how it works.

[removed self-referencing link to merged thread]

Rob Wilkens

• kiblerjd
    Options

Any update on this? I really like this program so far, but the lack of this feature has me wanting to cancel and find a different program. The fact that it has been "in progress" for years makes me think it is never coming.

• kiblerjd
    Options

Is there some other place i should be going to check the status of this? If i knew it was actually in the works i would stick around because i really love this program. But without this future I just can't use it anymore and i need cancel and find a different solution soon. Thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @kiblerjd,

Thanks for posting!

If you navigate to the very first post in this thread, you'll see that the Idea Status is "In Progress" and that it was last updated on May 15th. As soon as any new information becomes available, we'll be sure to update this post accordingly.

I also posted a comment last August that gives an idea of what this enhancement will look like:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• jsy42
    jsy42 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would like the ability to create recurring transactions with multi-year frequency, such as every 2 years or every 3 years. I have multiple subscriptions for services that renew on a cadence of more than 1 year, and currently the only option I have is to schedule them to renew annually and then delete the reminder each year until the actual renewal.

• minutestage
    Options

Would also love to see every 'X' weeks/months/years as I also have several bills that are on odd intervals.

And another vote for multiple instances on specific dates. I get paid 2x/month but on specific oddball dates. Same transaction, just a different date.

• KimberlyG
    Options

This one would be extremely needed. I had original Quicken which does have this feature. Please add.

• stc-311
    Options

This is really important - for example my auto and home insurance bills 3 times per year for some reason. Thus i need a custom recurring time to be able to schedule this. The current options don't make it possible.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am seeing the same problem as was posted here:

I get paid on the 15th and last day of the month and have a recurring "twice a month" transaction. It shows my next payment date to be 10/14 when it should really be 9/30. I've tried a bunch of times to change it to 9/30 and most times it reverts back to 10/14, and when it does stay at 9/30, it removes the mid October reminder so that the next payment is 10/30. (Maybe because September is a shorter month? I don't know.) This throws off my whole cash flow projection since a paycheck is missing.

I contacted support and they said that this is how it's designed to recur every 15 days (which is not what it's doing), and as a workaround, to create two separate monthly recurring transactions. This seems to work but is a little clumsy and so I hope it's in the plans to be fixed!

• Murphybp2
    Murphybp2 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

My county allows me to pay for my vehicle tag renewals 2 years at a time. I'm not able to track this in Simplifi currently because the longest I can set up a recurring expense is yearly. It would be great if there were an option to set yearly, and then pick the number of years, similar to how you can set a recurring event on a calendar app.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

"Me Too" - New York State Vehicle Registration is every two years.

I would say "Vote Here" but voting is long closed & work is "underway" on this (since maybe 2021):

[removed link to merged thread]

Rob Wilkens

• kiblerjd
    Options

I'm rapidly losing faith that this is ever going to happen.

• thaJack
    thaJack Member ✭✭
    Options

I know this is an old thread, but I'd like to see a "15th and Last day of the month" option.

• David P
    David P Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Would like to request a new series frequency option, "every four weeks".

The closest is every month, but this is not the exact same as every four weeks. This is a common billing cycle for newspapers (e.g. NYTimes, Washington Post), and twice a year or so it gets billed twice a month.

Hopefully is easy to implement since there are already options for every one and every two weeks…

Thank you!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Same here, need different frequency for some items that occur every 4 months or every few weeks.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Wondering
    Options

I requested the 4 week interval with the same newspapers argument more than 2 years ago

• michfromflorida
    Options

Former Mint user and really enjoying Simplifi.

We are retirees and receive social security. Social security is paid on a schedule of Wednesdays - every 2nd Wednesday of the month, every 3rd, every 4th etc.

There currently does not seem to be a way in Simplifi to set this up correctly. On my calendar app, it appears this way:

• kd404
    kd404 Member
    Options

I've seen a few other comments on this but I'd like to echo the need for being able to set a reoccurring bill that happens less than once a year. I have some bills that happen every 3 or every 5 years that I'd like to be able to setup.

• RajOnTrack
    RajOnTrack Member
    Options

I have few bill that needs to be paid every 2 years. Currently recurring option under bill pay goes maximum to every 1 year only. Best option will be to have 2 fields. 1st field number where you put in numerical value of the occurrence and 2nd filed as drop down to select days, weeks, months, year.

This will allow every possible combination of recurrence selection for bill pay

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8
    Options

Good news! Looks like this request is in progress. Comment on the thread below.

[removed link to merged thread]

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    Options

When will this be available? I'm in need of a "every 6 weeks" setting.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Great news, everyone — we've added Custom Frequencies to Recurring Transactions! This ability is currently available in Early Access and will be rolled out to everyone at some point in the near future.

Our announcement here has more details:

And we'd love to hear your feedback! Leave it here for our product team to review:

We hope the new Custom Frequencies meet everyone's unique needs!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.