Add a Recurring indicator to Transactions without having to expand the Details (edited)

khayes
khayes Member
edited September 2022 in Feature Requests

The recurring bill/subscription feature is one of the most interesting aspects to Simplifi for me. As I am reviewing my transactions in the ledger, I often check to see if an item is being tracked as a recurring bill. To do this, I have to click the disclosure arrow to see the details of the transaction, then I can see it is marked as a bill. To view the details of the Bill I have to click the link. I think it would be more convenient, and should not clutter the interface, if a simple icon on the ledger row indicated the transaction was being tracked as a recurring bill. The icon could be clickable as well that would open the recurring bill details modal.

****ADDED:**** In the Spending Plan, I would also like an indication of which planned income \ expenses have actually been transacted so far.
This could be as simple as a checkmark, or colored dot.

5 votes

Completed · Last Updated

This ability is now available with Early Access!

Comments

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@khayes Great suggestion!

• holland40
    holland40 Member

I also think this would be beneficial.
    In addition, in the Spending Plan, I would also like an indication of which planned income \ expenses have actually been transacted so far.
    This could be as simple as a check mark, or colored dot.

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@holland40 Great suggestion! I added it to the idea as well since it would work well together :smile:

• bcrossman
    bcrossman Member ✭✭✭✭

I like this idea a lot!

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited July 2022
    Hello All,

Great news! With Early Access, you can now add a new 'Recurring' column option to your registers that will allow you to easily see if a transaction is Recurring, as well as what Series it's linked to.

Please be sure to check out our Announcement here for more details on the new register design for the Simplifi Web App! 

-Coach Natalie
  • thisisbart
    thisisbart Member
    edited September 2022
    Add a column to the transaction table to indicate whether a transaction has been linked to a recurring transaction or not. Presently, I have to open the triple dot menu on every transaction that I know to be recurring to verify that Simplifi properly associated it with a recurring transaction. It would be extremely helpful to indicate that the transaction is recurring directly in the table, without needing to click on anything.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @thisisbart,

You'll be happy to know that this already exists!  It might just be that you can't see it yet.

Here's what it looks like on the Web App...

If you don't see it on your end, open your transaction table/register and click this gear.  Then select "Recurring".

If you don't see it there, you might also - on desktop - go to Simplifi > Settings > General.  Scroll to the bottom and turn on Early Access.

If none of that works or if I didn't understand your question, let me know.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Thanks, that solved it. I didn't have Early Access turned on.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @thisisbart,

Just so you know what you’re signing up for by turning on “Early Access”, anything released by Simplifi as “Early Access” is still in beta testing of sorts so you do open yourself up to a bit more buggy-ness by turning it on.  The alternative is to simply to wait for the feature to be released into the mainstream Simplifi database…which it will eventually.
    Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.