We would like progress updates on Apple Card (edited)

Options

Answers

• Eric M
    Eric M Member
    Options

I hope this issue is resolved soon. I just moved from Mint as well assuming that Apple and Simplifi would work together. It's quite frustrating to learn that they don't, especially moving from a free to a paid service. I will likely be moving onto something that does support Apple Card unless there is a somewhat clear path to getting this resolved in the near future.

• Behindbreakers
    Options

why could mint sync the Apple credit card (for FREE) but you can’t mange to do it and expect us to pay for your service?

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I try to link an account to my Bank, Apple Card is listed. It takes me apple.com/card and wants my Apple ID and password. For Mint, apple tokenized the apple card number for security and the Apple Card was linked to Mint. It appears that Mint was the only link Apple has allowed. When I try to link Apple card to Truist bank and give my Apple Id and password to Apple, Apple does not allow the connection. I’m send back to Truist and Truist tells me to check user name and password. It is very obvious Apple has the software in place for secure linking of accounts and Goldman (the banker) was sending the information. Any thought on why Apple won’t allow Simplifi to Link to Apple Card

• Dan6912
    Options

https://card.apple.com/

Product support requested a link to Apple Card. Here it is … https://card.apple.com/

• Dan6912
    Options

Importing transaction into Simplifi is quite easy although probably best done at the end of the month.

I am still hoping that Intuit Simplifi and Apple can come an agreement on security concerns.

• mwbfilm
    Options

Crazy, with all of this technology and we have to add Apple CC data manually. This is horrible.

• Dave5150
    Dave5150 Member ✭✭
    edited March 5
    Options

[removed] just released Apple Card, Apple Cash, and Apple Savings integration, saying that this was due to changes added to iOS 17.4. Knowing this, is this integration planned for Simplifi?

Thanks!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 5
    Options

@Dave5150 thanks for sharing. In Reddit, another Simplifi competitor [not the one redacted from your post] just released Apple Card integration. Apple Card is opening up access, hope Simplifi is next.

FYI, articles on iOS, Apple Card, and budgeting apps

https://9to5mac.com/2024/03/05/ios-17-4-lets-budgeting-apps-easily-access-apple-card-cash-and-savings-data/

https://appleinsider.com/articles/24/03/05/apple-card-savings-data-now-available-in-more-third-party-budget-apps

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• bbmoney
    bbmoney Member
    Options

Also noticed this, hope Simplifi can gain access to the connecor Apple is providing soon. This would be amazing after so many months of manually updating Apple Card transactions. Please move this up in priority we have been waiting for so long!!

• torches_hokiest
    torches_hokiest Member
    edited March 5
    Options

With the release of iOS 17.4, Apple has made it possible for budgets to import transactions from Apple Card, Apple Savings and Apple Cash. It would be great if the app could import these transactions on iOS devices! Several other budgeting apps have announced they will have support soon.

https://www.macrumors.com/2024/03/05/apple-card-ios-17-4-budget-apps/

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't know if this belongs as a feature request, this is more of a request for support of a financial institution (which usually does not allow vote downs). I suspect someone has already requested apple card support if you search the forums, you may want to vote on that (this will probably be merged).

Rob Wilkens

• jeffdageek
    jeffdageek Member
    Options

Now that Apple supports this feature, can we get it into Simplifi? https://www.macrumors.com/2024/03/05/apple-card-ios-17-4-budget-apps/

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think, in general, Apple would have to agree to pay a fee to be supported.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6
    Options

Minter 2014-2023

• danottingham
    danottingham Member
    edited March 6
    Options

Any updates on getting Apple Card auto downloads? The budgeting app [removed] pushed out an announcement today that their app now can do these just like Mint could. Quicken is a bigger brand than they are plus you use Intuit’s bank services. When will this be available for Simplifi?

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6
    Options

Please review the discussion below for answers to your question. The Simplifi team will post updates to the discussion below.

[removed link to merged thread]

Minter 2014-2023

• JWV
    JWV Member ✭✭
    edited March 6
    Options

Apple has started allowing third-party budgeting apps to access Apple Card, Apple Cash, and Saving. With the change at least three apps have already gained access to the data, including [removed]. What about Simplifi?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, thanks for letting us know that Apple Card is opening integration to third-party apps! We can't make any promises, but I did forward this information along to the top of the line, so fingers crossed we can get this going for Quicken Simplifi as well. 🤞🤞

I will keep you all posted!

-Coach Natalie

• grangej
    grangej Member
    edited March 6
    Options

Now that iOS 17.4 is out and official support for importing these account types directly on iOS is supported, please add support ASAP, other personal finance software were ready on day 1 for this!

https://9to5mac.com/2024/03/05/ios-17-4-lets-budgeting-apps-easily-access-apple-card-cash-and-savings-data/

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

After @DannyB & @UrsulaA post, I downloaded Copilot app for the mac because it said it supported Apple Card. First screen offered a connection to Apple Card so I clicked. The app told me I had to use iOS 17.4 to connect. I downloaded the iPhone app and is connected with FaceID. Went back to Mac Copilot app and sure enough it was there. The mac app asked if I wanted to download my Mint information which I did. I continued to add accounts and link them to the mint data. It pulled the correct balances from each account but I chose to not start my monthly free trial.

I am posting because it appears Apple is only allowing connection through iOS 17.4 iPhone. I am think Simplifi probably does not want to make Android users unhappy by offering Apple Card connections to iPhone users only but I would also think most Apple card users will have an iPhone. I'm sure Apple will say nothing or claim security. Connecting the card only took a few clicks. Sure hope the connecting is offered to Simplifi and their business model allows them to accept. What do you guys think?

• grangej
    grangej Member
    edited March 6
    Options

I think that would be a very silly reason to not offer support, and would likely drive me to go to one of the other platforms.

I have [removed] already and tried the integration and it worked very well , took only a few clicks after updating to 17.4

• Steve89
    Steve89 Member
    Options

If you look at all the articles surrounding this announcement they all make reference to iOS 17.4 specifically. There is a chance they bring it to the mac this fall or even sooner but I would guess not.

In addition because its not available on iOS 17.3 it would seem to be this is a local API only available on the iPhone through an app and therefor it is not available on the web so background syncing through Simplifi's servers and updates from the Simplifi web app are probably not likely. In addition this means android users are out of luck as well.

This is all my personal speculation but I would imagine that Simplifi will be limited on how they can integrate this

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6
    Options

Hi, I learned that Apple has created an api for companies like Simplifi to connect to Apple cars and also learned [removed] has already implemented as well. - tagging @Coach Natalie for awareness. This all happened yesterday in Reddit.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Apple has just recently allowed a little Apple Card information through the web at https://card.apple.com . About all you can do is pay, see balance, and a statement. You can't even export the statement like you can on the iPhone. I don't think the fact the Simplifi is web based would prevent them for what Copilot is doing. Their mac app say use iOS 17.4 and your iPhone app to connect. Simplifi could do the same for their Quicken Simplifi iPhone app, I think but they could not make it work for android phones.

• grangej
    grangej Member
    Options

Having a manual integration on the iPhone is a millions times better than trying to import some CSV (once a month) or handling things completely manual.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My sense is that Apple will ALWAYS try to maintain exclusivity for it's products in any way possible for as long a possible and until forced not to. I have not particular opinion about that and it does provide certain "benefits" for Apple and their customers.

CoPilot is an Apple OS ONLY app and is not available for other OS's. I resist any implication that Quicken Simplifi is the one blocking access… that just doesn't make sense as it would be to Q Simplifi's benefit to make as many institutional connections as possible to increase Q-Simplifi's appeal and usability to as big a group as possible.

Perhaps, and I think this has been suggested more than once in these conversations, Apple Card/Cash users should put pressure on Apple to work with other personal finance app platforms to allow access to their financial products.

By the way, I installed CoPilot on my iPad to check it out and to get a feel for it. I'll create a post latter to make my comparison for whatever that may be worth. But right of the bat, I would only have access to it on my iPad since i have an Android based phone and I use the Windows OS on my laptop.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Agreed 💯

My own unpopular opinion is that if you are going to go all-in on the Apple ecosystem, you deserve what don't get, because Apple refuses to allow other companies to give it to you.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye