We would like progress updates on Apple Card (edited)

Options

Answers

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@N4KHQ Some have said Mint was the only approved Apple card-supporting service — Apple has to approve it. If that's true (and I cannot confirm; I closed my Apple card over a year ago), you may not find any other services that support it either.

Rob Wilkens

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think Apple maybe the problem. It is probably connected to security. I would hope it would be worked out. I only use the card for Apple purchases and a few sites I think I might need apple extra security. The import is not as bad of an option as I thought. Simplifi has added an import option for Apple card alone with Mint and two others. I downloaded my history for Mint, I could have download all my statements from Apple cards one at a time. I created a manual apple card account and imported. I went to Apple Card Wallet, exported CVS file, shared to my email the Nov. statement. The import had information added from Mint upload but there were no double entries. For Apple Card, uploading a statement once a month it not a big deal. I think quicken is doing iits atbest to get Apple Card to add.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think Apple maybe the problem. It is probably connected to security. I would hope it would be worked out. I only use the card for Apple purchases and a few sites I think I might need apple extra security. The import is not as bad of an option as I thought. Simplifi has added an import option for Apple card alone with Mint and two others. I downloaded my history for Mint, I could have download all my statements from Apple cards one at a time. I created a manual apple card account and imported. I went to Apple Card Wallet, exported CVS file, shared to my email the Nov. statement. The import had information added from Mint upload but there were no double entries. For Apple Card, uploading a statement once a month it not a big deal. I think quicken is doing it's best to get Apple Card to add.

• Olorcain
    Options

Another Mint user who is a little disappointed that I cannot add my Apple Card. I think Apple could be the problem. I read an article a couple of days ago that Apple will be phasing out the card and the savings account in 12-15 months. If that is true I doubt they will worry about giving Simplify customers access. I have stopped putting money into the savings account and only use the card for small transactions thru Apple - would like to find additional information on this phase out to see if there is more information.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Olorcain I don't believe there is any indication Apple intends to phase out the card. They are simply ending their relationship with Goldman-Sach's, which is getting out of the consumer finance business. All this means for Apple Card users is that a new bank will be managing Apple Card and Apple Savings. Perhaps a change of this sort will provide an incentive for Apple to broaden support for the card across financial management apps, but I wouldn't count on it. They have proven to be irritatingly stubborn about such things.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree Apple Card is not going away, the new bank is probably why Apple is not allowing Simplifi to connect. It may be a year but the new bank and Apple will be eager to connect in my opinion. Simplifi has made uploading the statement so easy, it is not a big problem for me because I only have about 50 transactions a month.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Marcus (the bank parter for Apple card) is leaving consumer credit Apple Card is not going away, the new bank is probably why Apple is not allowing Simplifi to connect. It may be a year but the new bank and Apple will be eager to connect in my opinion. Simplifi has made uploading the statement so easy, it is not a big problem for me because I only have about 50 transactions a month.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think Apple maybe the problem. It is probably connected to security. I would hope it would be worked out. I only use the card for Apple purchases and a few sites I think I might need apple extra security. The import is not as bad of an option as I thought. Simplifi has added an import option for Apple card alone with Mint and two others. I downloaded my history for Mint, I could have download all my statements from Apple cards one at a time. I created a manual apple card account and imported. I went to Apple Card Wallet, exported CVS file, shared to my email the Nov. statement. The import had information added from Mint upload but there were no double entries. For Apple Card, uploading a statement once a month it not a big deal. I think quicken is doing it's best to get Apple Card to add.

• WolfieGirl
    WolfieGirl Member ✭✭
    Options

Actually, uploading a statement once a month IS a big deal for those of us who manage our finances more than once a month. I use the card for 95% of my transactions (I had 84 last month) and frequently update the transactions along the month so I can use reporting during the month. Not sure why you're posting the same exact response word for word over multiple days but seems very questionable to me. I think Apple isn't the problem. Mint was able to meet their security requirements. I think that's really it. They have stringent security requirements vendors need to meet and most don't want to spend the time/expense it takes to do so. Even Quicken classic desktop can't download them. If Apple was so against the data being downloaded, they wouldn't provide multiple export versions. Doing live data connectivity that can be hacked means meeting strict governance and risk criteria. Mint seems to have went that extra mile.

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

@WolfieGirl Apple is the problem. Mint was the only aggregator that had a connection and I wonder if that will carry through to Kredit Karam and also with the Bank changes going on with the Apple Card.

Nobody seems to have a clear answer why Mint was approved for the connection and nobody else, The head of Monarch Money discussed it in a reddit post. He speculated that it was just because Intuit and Mint had enough muscle to get Apple's attention… But who knows. He seemed to be actively pursuing it, willing to jump through the needed hoops, but no action on Apple's part, I'm sure Simplifi is in a similar situation.

And… Apple Card isn't that great, there are better cards to be had!

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Below is a post I made on Apple Community:

Mint downloaded Apple Card transactions with no problems but Mint is going away. Quicken Simplifi says Apple won’t approve their connection. Apple says nothing I can find. I know Simplifi wants to connect, they added a built in import option for just Apple Card statements.

If I add an Account To Truist Bank,  Apple Card is listed, but when I give my Apple ID and password. I get an error. I have read that when you add an account to any financial app you are directed to an Apple page for sign in and Apple sends the bank tokens for security reasons. It appears to me the APIs are in place to meet apple security requirements. 

Goldman is leaving the consumer credit market and Apple will have to get another banker. My GM Card sold to AGI, and then to Marcus. It took me 2 years and Simplifi to get that card connected again. Could Apple be waiting for a new bank? Is Apple wanting Money form Simplifi?

• AchaarLonache
    Options

I am evaluating Simplifi, and I want a quick reality check. I am creating a recurring expense.

I have an Apple credit card. I thought it would be a simple thing to add it as a credit account. But apparently not.

Apple is a big consumer electronics vendor and handed out a lot of credit cards. Is it just me, or is this functionality truly missing from Simplifi?

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@AchaarLonache Now that Mint is going away, as I understand it, Apple (or Goldman Sachs?) is not working with any other financial apps, not just Simplifi.

Rob Wilkens

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I Think RobWIlk is correct. Just a wild guess on my part but Goldman is getting out of the consumer market and I think when Apple finds a new banker, connection to Financial apps will be something Apple will offer in the deal. I have read that when a financial app request apple card, the user is directed to an Apple Page for Apple ID and Password and Apple sends a token to the financial app. Apple and Simplifi have the software in place and Simplifi is just waiting for approval. Waiting to get a new banker is the only reason I can't think for Apple not allowing Simplifi to connect unless Apple is want payment to connect. I switched from Mint to Simplify about 4 weeks ago. For me Simplifi is a much better product with more features. I wish I had switched earlier. I downloaded from Mint my Apple Card transactions. Simplifi has an Import from Mint option and an import from Apple Card. I plan to import a statement once a month for the Apple Card. I was able to connect to my GM Card which I had lost connection from Mint when GM card sold to AGI and then Marcus.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@WolfieGirl I certainly understand, I don't use my apple card that much. Hopefully Simplifi will be approved by Apple. Apple has a secure page for apps to connect. The only thing I can think of is Apple is waiting to get a new banker in place.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bill Campbell, a longtime Apple executive, in 1998 was CEO of Intuit may have some to do with Mint being approved.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would think the new banker would require Apple to support financial apps as part of the deal. Apple is probably saying just watch this card take off when we support financial apps like Simplifi.

• scotthoward
    Options

Like everyone else, I would love to see this integration happen sooner than later. I just started using Simplifi, and it's a great simple tool when everything is connected. If not, then for me, it's more trouble than it's worth. In the interim, I will probably reconnect my Apple Pay to a new card. However, I will miss the security features native to the Apple Card, like the auto-changing security code that prevents those pesky subscription charges and the multiple card numbers they make available to track different purchase categories. In case you did not know, you can get your Apple credit card number by going into your iPhone wallet, clicking on the Apple Card, and then clicking on the little card with the number 123 in the top right-hand corner of your iPhone. This reveals your card number and some pretty cool extra features. Bottom line, I hope Intuit and Apple figure this one out. If enough people chime in, then it will probably move up in importance to the changelog. However, if the attrition rate becomes critical due to Simplifi users connecting other credit cards versus ApplePay then IMHO things will escalate quicker. At the end of the day, cash is King, so the best way to cast your vote for one is with your wallet!

• I agree with all the other commentators. I enjoy my Apple Card and Mint (read Intuit) connected with them. I can't understand why Quicken could not leverage their existing relationship with Intuit to connect the Apple card. What a pain in the _ _ _!

• scotthoward
    Options

I agree with Geoff "What a pain in the _ _ _! Hopefully, we will see this integration in the changelog soon. There is no doubt that Apple Cards have a large adoption rate for iPhone users die to the card's seamless integration and other cool benefits. Inuit should run some reports to demonstrate to companies like Apple the "Simplifi Effect" on Financial Product Consumption. My prediction is that there is a correlation between this and a higher card usage rate. - Simplifi may even be a powerful marketing tool to help credit card companies sign up more users while increasing their spend. Hint hint Intuit.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Currently Apple is not allowing Simplifi to download transactions. Not sure why, they have a very security connect of Mint which is going away. Please send apple Feed back for connecting and better descriptions of subscriptions.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/apple-pay.html

Subscriotions may be a Goldman issue but subscriptions are currently listed as Electronics on the Apple Card statements. Goldman is leaving the consumer credit business and Apple is getting a new banker. I am thinking Apple is waiting for the new banker to allow access.

• Rand1993
    Options

I am not sure how you are going to advertise being an alternative to Mint when you don't have the same integrations. Mint was free and has had support for Apple Card integration for over a year now. How are you going to justify charging me for a service and not providing the same level of support?

• Denny L
    Options

I am surprised that I could not add to my Apple Card supported through Goldman Sachs. I saw a thread that Apple Card did not support automation which is NOT accurate. I had no issues with using Apple Card on MINT. Now that MINT will be scrapped and absorbed within INTUIT in 2024, I have migrated my accounts and investments to Quicken. So far, very impressed but no Apple Card support. Not a deal breaker but would like the function to be added as soon as possible. Manual is a bit of a hassle in this age of technology.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Denny L —- Just realize INTUIT has no relation to Quicken for quite some time, though Quicken uses Intuit for some (most?) bank connections, but that's about it.

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Never been an Apple fan and not sure what the love fest is all about regarding a credit card… any credit card. 😍🤪😎

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I feel the users pain as some use their Apple card mostly. Imagine having to enter or import transactions manually for your main card when you had an automated feed before. If my main credit card did not synch and only provided monthly downloadable statements to import, I would be frustrated too. An apple card user says she can only download transactions monthly on another thread. If I found myself in this position, I would either switch cards or budgeting app. I would probably spend less with the manual card and more with a connected card. The run is that Apple Card support is limited to Mint and maybe a handful of other budgeting apps.

Hopefully this pain point works out.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1
    Options

This is for Apple Discussion Forum but someone on this forum might have some thoughts:

I switched from Mint which was linked to Apple card almost 2 months ago. Simplifi is much better in almost all categories. It is disappointing Apple will not allow Quicken to connect to their card but It not a main card for me and Quicken has made uploading statements almost painless for me. The main disadvantage is being a month behind but with only 10 entries for me it’s not too bad. Apple has the software in place to allow Simplifi to connect and they tokenize the card number for security.  Apple Card has add Quicken export but Simplifi suggests you use the CVS export. Simplifi has added to Simplifi an Apple Card import options. Goldman is leaving the consumer credit business and I am hoping the new banker will connect.  Anyone know why Apple would add code to Apple Card for exporting statements to Quicken but not allow Quicken to connect when the software for connection has been added?

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA I think Mint was the only budget app, Apple allowed to import transaction. I use my apple card for Apple purchases (3%) and with my Apple Watch to go cordless. I also use it for security with untrusted internet vendors. Apple never gives a vender your card number, the send a token in place. I follow UrsulaA suggestion of putting another card in my Apple Wallet to use in place of Apple Card. I think Apple Pay works with all credit cards. Apple added an option to export statements to Quicken in their Wallet app but Simplifi uses CVS for Apple Card. It is obvious Apple is aware of Quicken users, maybe Goldman is the problem.

I might help if a large number of user gave Apple Feed back requesting Simplifi and Quicken integration. Apple Card is part of Apple Pay.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/apple-pay.html

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@N4KHQ - good suggestion. Thanks for pointing out that Mint is the only app that supported Apple Card integration.

Good idea on asking Apple for the integration. It is on Apple to provide to the aggregators, one of them being Simplifi.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Apple says it feedback does not get a response but promises all feedback is read. Here is my latest post to Apple Pay Feedback:

It is my understanding that Mint was the only budget app Apple allowed to integrate. Mint is trying to force a move to Karma, it's credit app. The smart Mint users are moving to Simplifi but Apple card integration is not an option. Apple Card is losing transactions which hurts the banker and has lost users because the card won't integrate with Quicken or Simplifi. I can't understand why integration with budget apps is not allowed. Maybe Goldman was the problem not willing to accept tokens. With Goldman leaving the consumer credit market, maybe the new banker will have integration. Whatever the reason, Apple owns it to the loyal users to fix the problem as soon as possible and Immediately announce when the service will be available.