We would like progress updates on Apple Card (edited)

Options
1235»

Answers

• Devlpr
    Devlpr Member
    Options

what’s the status for Apple Card support being that I paid for this service.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's probably not there yet. No one has posted saying it was.

Rob Wilkens

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi All,

I understand Quicken development team has a well-defined schedule and a list of new features, or institutions to be added, but I believe that the number of users asking for the Apple Card transactions and Apple GS Savings accounts to be able to be updated "online", instead of using the import feature is considerable high.

After the last update in iOS to 17.4, we are all anxiously waiting for this. Is it possible to at least set the time expected to have this?

Thanks,

• random
    random Member ✭✭
    Options

1 month later...🦗🦗🦗

• Devlpr
    Devlpr Member
    Options

Apple’s iOS is now 17.4.1

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think this show they are working on Apple Card. After a security breach at Valic months ago they changed the layout out for connecting. A couple of weeks ago I was able to connect 1 of 4 accounts at Valic. I have been deleting the account regularly and adding the account again, hoping it will find 4 accounts. Today I noticed after finding my valic account and entering passwords the popup for Linking or New account had Apple Card as an option. Anyone know why Apple Card is in the list?

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭
    Options

I believe it is an indication something in about to be released, but Quicken should keep us updated on their plans or estimate dates to implement this kind of things. It doesn't hurt to be informed of what will be the content of next releases. If something goes south, just say it needed more time to deal with bugs and errors, but simply saying nothing is not what I expected from them.

I am new to Quicken, so maybe I am talking without knowing where to find it, but is there any post here informing what will be the next institutions to be added?

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The nature of software development (because you're doing something new and not merely piecing together already assembled parts) is frequently that you don't know exactly how long something will take until it's done. And even when it's "done," it really has to go through a good amount of testing/QA to ensure it has no significant problems. As a software developer who works alone, I know that while I'm very good at fixing bugs, I'm not good at testing and identifying bugs in my software. I also know I've estimated that things could take months, but I finished them in less than a day, and of course, the reverse.

Quicken found out "relatively recently" that Apple Card support was available on device (meaning it won't work from the web app), and I suspect up until now they never had financial institution sync code in the mobile app (I imagine it was all server-side before). I wouldn't expect the changes to be quick, but i take them on their word that they're "working on it" and that they understand it's in their best interest to support this.

Rob Wilkens

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The apps that currently sync with Apple Card were picked by Apple for development of the API. I would think much assistance was given from Apple and Simplifi is not receiving the same assistance.

• imdZigman
    imdZigman Member
    Options

All…one workaround that may work until Simplifi and Apple Card integration occurs - Empower Dashboard (formerly known as Personal Capital), now supports Apple Card. From that, you can synchronize, then download the transactions from Empower, then upload them to Simplifi. It's a very annoying and tedious workaround, but - one option.

• Jonathan4528
    Jonathan4528 Member
    edited May 1
    Options

Quicken Simplifi support continues to provide inaccurate and false information regarding this feature. It’s very frustrating that repeated requests for even an update are met with false information stating Apple has not provided Quicken Simplifi a way to access Apple Card and Apple Savings data. Apple Released FinanceKit on March 6th, which is an API for developers like Quicken Simplifi to use to access Apple Card and Apple Savings data. I think the best solution at this point is to request a refund and find a better app.

[removed - no soliciting]

• random
    random Member ✭✭
    edited May 1
    Options

Although some recent comments raise valid points, it's worth noting that Quicken, a premier accounting software company with 'over 200 employees', should have been more in tune & responsive with Apple given its stature. Many of us were drawn after the demise of Mint to generally satisfying Simplifi, & were told many times over the last few months that Apple Card support was imminent, (including in a post by the CEO at one point which is now oddly not to be found by my search?). So we stuck with Simplifi rather than jump to the other apps that had support for it... We now still continue to face daily frustration due to its absence. Despite Simplifi's many strengths, the lack of this feature necessitates urgent attention from Quicken. While I understand dealing with Apple can be difficult or may take time, even an official progress update would be greatly appreciated.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I copied UrsalA post from a previous post:

UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭March 8 edited March 8

I saw an announcement from Quicken Lee regarding Apple Card. Check it out.

Yes, Apple Card support is coming!
    Announcement!
    I can officially confirm it's coming and VERY soon. I'll share more when I have those details.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

https://www.reddit.com/r/simplifimoney/comments/1b97rjs/yes_apple_card_support_is_coming/

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭
    Options

I think that, sometimes, VERY soon has VERY different meanings depending on the perspective!

• Jerrod
    Jerrod Member ✭✭
    Options

It would be nice to get an update on this. Some detail about technical issues that are getting in the way of implementation, etc., would go a long way in helping the community understand what's going on.