We would like progress updates on Apple Card (edited)

1234568»

Answers

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19

When you Connect to Apple Wallet, It lies you a enter a start date the download or you can select download from the beginning. You will not get an option to link to you manual Apple Card account so download everything you want. You can then delete the manual Apple Card account.

• random
    random Member ✭✭

For me, at the 'select which Apple Card items (Card, Savings, & Money) you want to link' screen has a popup next to each to select either new or one of my existing accounts. I selected the appropriate manual one I had created, things seem ok so far, not dups.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

Unless I am missing something Simplifi is showing the Apple Cash account 5 time as much as the Wallet shows. I applied it to my statement and Simplifi picked it up almost immediately but the Apple Cash value did not change.

• Dwerp27
    Dwerp27 Member
    edited July 20

I went through the steps and got to the screen that says “Apple wallet connected. Simplify is now connected to your apple wallet”. But at the bottom a grey banner appears saying, “Sorry but we were unable to make your changes”. None of my Apple accounts are showing but it’s saying it’s connected. I’ve tried deleting and re-adding with no success.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20

@Dwerp27, You might want to wait for a coach, but if I mess you up I give your money back. I don't think Apple or Quicken uses CloudStrike or maybe it was just the Microsoft servers that got the Blue Screen of Death for the update CloudStrike pushed out but there could be a connection. I would export any transitions from Apple Card. Delete all apple card accounts and try the connect again. I think if it works and you select transactions from the beginning you won't need the exported data. I bet they was a lot of overtime on the Apple Wallet project and it will probably be after the weekend before you hear from a coach

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Marcus when I connected to Apple Card, I chose to add the main account and the Apple Cash account. Simplifi showed the Apple Cash account to be about $499 but the wallet account said I had about $99. I applied the $99 to my balance and Simplifi and Apple Wallet picked the credit up immediately. Apple Wallet showed $0 for Cash balance but the $499 in Simplifi did not change. None of my cards will download rewards to Simplifi and it's not a high on my list for a fix.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

A Little more information on Apple Cash that is showing incorrectly and not updating in Simplifi. The Apple Cash balance showing in Simplify is not the life time cash showing in Apple Wallet. The balance showing in Simplifi can not be found in the Apple Wallet app for Apple Card. I also set up Apple Cash in Apple Wallet to see if that would help. I think setting it up allows you to send cash via text messages. Setting up Apple Cash did not change the incorrect Apple Cash balance in Simplifi

On a different Apple Card question, I have subscriptions that are billed as Apple Service from the Apple App Store. I made a subscription reoccurring by finding a transaction in Simplifi to mark reoccurring. I created a new reoccurring transaction which seems to be working correctly. I was offered an option to link and Apple Card was an option. When I selected Apple Card, Simplifi asked for my apple ID and password. Don't think this should be happening.

Why would I want to link the biller to a reoccurring transaction and if I needed to link it to apple card might it work on the iPhone?

• Jerrod
    Jerrod Member ✭✭

@N4KHQ I was able to link my manual apple card account during the set up. I wish I had taken screen shots. While I found the process straightforward, perhaps one of the coaches can post (or point to) step by step instructions.

Also, so far, in order to sync my AC transactions, I do have to open up Simplifi on my phone. After it syncs, I can view those transactions from the web app.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

I did not have to link to my manual account. I selected download all transaction may have made the difference

• Wooloomooloo2
    Wooloomooloo2 Member ✭✭✭

I do not see this, and do not see Apple Wallet even when searching. I am on iOS 17.5.1 and have Early Access enabled. I have had this working on another finance app, but (maybe not coincidentally) it stopped working in the last 2 days.

• random
    random Member ✭✭

You might need to update your iPh 'Simplfi Mobile App' to 5.9.0.

• Coach Marcus
    Coach Marcus Moderator admin

Sorry, I had to turn this off. We observed an issue for people with zero balances which may have caused some of the issues some of you are reporting. We're working on a fix now and hope to release an update this week. I'll report back with more news soon. Thanks for all the feedback.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

Looks like the turn off means Simplifi does not attempt an update. Simplifi is not saying my account needs attention but it not updating either.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hey everyone! I'm back from vacation and have learned that Apple Wallet was turned on for Early Access users last week, but they disabled it yesterday due to a bug. Once it's turned back on, we will be sure to announce the new feature in our Updates From the Product Team category and link a feedback post where you can all leave feedback for our product team. I'll also post back here to let you all know.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Forteleza
    Forteleza Member

@Coach Natalie , for those who were connected when Apple Wallet was disabled to fix the bug, how should we reconnect? I reconnected, Simplifi reported that balance and transactions were syncing, but nothing changed. My balance in Simplifi does not match Apple Wallet, a pending transaction has not settled in Simplifi although it has in Wallet, and a new transaction in Wallet has not appeared in Simplifi. What shall I do now?

• Coach Natalie

@Forteleza, you'll want to post any feedback or issues in our feedback post:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• An Huynh
    An Huynh Member

@Dwerp27 I had that same issue. After reinstalling the app, that issue went away for me.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25

Apple Wallet gives Simplifi two accounts, Apple Card and Apple Cash. Apple Cash list the cash back received for each purchase. If you receive money via Messages or Wallet it shows in Apple Cash. I exported the Daily Cash, all time to 2019, and added it up. The total was $499.87 which is the Apple Cash Balance showing in Apple Wallet and Simplifi. Apple Wallet show $652.42 as Lifetime received and I have no ideal why they don match. Bottom line is Simplifi is and Apple Wallet agree. Daily Cash is like rewards and Apple tracks that information differently. Apple Wallet had an available for statement credit amount that does not seem to change the Apple Cash Balance. If you apply this amount to you statement, Simplifi shows the credit, reduces the balance, but Apple Cash does not change. Dailey cash is not being added to Apple Cash currently. I probably don't have Apple Cash setup properly. Bottom line is Simplifi is and Apple Wallet agree.

Update Apple Cash: Is like a prepaid debit card in your Apple Wallet that allows you to send and receive money. I have no Ideal how I got $499.87 as money to send unless it gets deducted from my apple card but that is a question for the Apple Forum.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

Apple Wallet and Simplifi seems to be working well together. Until I linked to Simplifi, there was a lot I didn’t understand about Apple Wallet and even now, there is some fuzzy stuff. Apple Card is a credit card like we all use. Apple Cash is a debit card you have to initiate in wallet. Once you set up Apple Cash, Daily Cash (rewards) goes into Apple Cash unless you also have an Apple Savings account setup. If you setup apple Savings Daily Cash goes to Savings. I think you can change it back but not sure. Apple savings pays 4.5%  APY. If you have neither Apple Cash or Savings setup, Dailey Cash is posted on the main page of Wallet with a redeem to statement box to click. You can move money to and from your bank in savings or cash. If you move money from your bank to Apple Cash, you see the money in Simplifi, if you connected to Apple Cash account, when you added Apple Wallet. If you move money from your bank to savings, You have a minus in transacting from your bank and a plus transaction under Apple Card but the balance of Apple Card does not Change. I am think you will have to setup a manual Apple Savings account if you want to track the money in savings. Please correct any misconceptions I might have.

• pkBubba
    pkBubba Member ✭✭

Simplifi, thank you for the Apple Card/Wallet/Savings integration! Is there a way to get pending Apple Card transactions to show in Simplifi as well? It seems to only show cleared transactions. I will add this to the feedback thread.

@N4KHQ Good summary. I believe Apple Savings is at 4.4% APY currently. If yours is at 4.5% please let me know.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

You are correct. Google told me 4.5 but wallet says 4.4% APY

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure I have seen pending Apple card charges. It may depend on the charge but when I moved money from bank to savings it was instant

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

Most cards give between 1% and 5% for each purchase, some cards call it rewards. Apple Card calls it Daily Cash and if you setup Apple Cash account when you link from Simplifi and tell Apple Wallet to put your Daily Cash in Apple Cash account, Simplifi will post you Daily Cash to the Apple Cash account. None of my other cards will allow Simplifi to post rewards. I takes about 24 hours after the purchase to show up in simplifi.

• lwyman
    lwyman Member

Payee names aren't always being translated correctly in the Apple Card sync. For instance, a transaction for "Mount Sinai Doctors" ended up as "Mount Sinai Baptist Church". The payee is correct on Apple's side, but incorrect when it comes into Simplifi.

• Coach Natalie

@lwyman, you'll want to post any feedback or issues in our feedback post:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.