We would like progress updates on Apple Card (edited)

Answers

• Jonathan4528
    Jonathan4528 Member

I remember when I was complaining about no updates back when it was cool. Now I’m just jaded.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

I have used Apple card for just about day one and very eager to connect. I have also evaluated several other budget apps with an eye towards Apple Card connection. There maybe some apps besides the companies worked with for beta testing I have not found but with the ones I have tested, Simplifi wins hand down.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

Ladiciuus, I think I posted "coming VERY soon" from X or facebook. I'm sure the statement did not come from a post on this community.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Give us the good news that this "feature", or integration, is available, at least to early access users! I will gladly test it and report anything I identify needs to be corrected before making it available for all users.

I would suggest an edit for this statement: "…making it available for all users who use Apple Card." This issue is important to a certain subset of QS users only and has no impact on any users not in that subset.

I'm certain, despite the angst expressed herein, that the team that is tasked with adding Apple Card support/integration are doing their best to make it happen. It has always been my understanding and experience that Apple runs an exclusive ship - "exclusive" being the key word. That QS wants to provide this integration and yet has been frustrated in doing so to this point has more to do with the exclusiveness of Apple then the willingness of QS to be INCLUSIVE.

Yes, this is taking a long time and even though this has zero impact on me, I do hope Apple and QS can make it happen soon for the sake of their mutual customers.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11

I agree, I'm pretty sure the team could not even start until Apple gave permission a few months back. I did notice a Link to Apple Card in Simplifi for after you connect. I'm am guessing that is about all you can add until Apple gave permission and API (Application Programing Interface) if Apple is using API

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie , any latest update on this in integration?

• Jerrod
    Jerrod Member ✭✭

Looks like the announcement was a bit premature, but I do appreciate the desire to update the community, so thanks for that @Coach Natalie. That being said, I think people are rightfully frustrated since there are many other services that integrated Apple Card several months ago (and it's been promised by Simplifi and people don't understand why it's taking so long). I understand that Apple Card users are probably just a small subset of Simplifi users, so addressing their specific concerns might be lower on the priority list. I know you can't come out and say we're low on the priority list, but whatever kind of update you can provide would be much appreciated (even if it's just a statement saying no more updates until the feature is ready to roll out). I'm an Apple Card user, and it is a bit of an inconvenience to manually enter the transactions (I like real time up-to-date info so waiting to upload the statement at the end of the month isn't for me), but I like Simplifi much better than the other services.

Some wisdom to everyone, but especially those complaining about Apple Card integration: purchase products based on what they do right out of the box, not based on promised future features.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15

[removed - no soliciting]

• Jonathan4528
    Jonathan4528 Member

There are at least three budget apps which are easily findable in the App Store, but they can’t be mentioned here because it violates community guidelines.

• Jonathan4528
    Jonathan4528 Member
    edited July 13

[Removed - Disruptive/Off-Topic]

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13

I know the 3 apps. All three apps were chosen by Apple as beta testers. I have downloaded and used 2 of the three apps. As I understand it, Mint was the only app with integration. After the demise of Mint, Apple choose 3 apps for beta testing and no other apps were allowed to integrate until the beta testing was completed. It was announced by Simplifi when they received permission to integrate a few months back. I think the coding for integration started immediately. I'm an Apple Card user and eager for integration but I want to be reasonable about the time it takes and the problems encounter in software development. If I am missing something please let me know. I have never seen a promised date for Apple Card integration posted on this forum or any where else.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16

Thanks for the update. I am thinking we can establish the connection for integration with Apple Card using an iPhone and Apple Card transactions be available in the web app. Is this correct

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@N4KHQ, we'll know for sure when the feature is enabled, but I believe so, yes. For both transactions and balances. I do know that the integration will only work on iOS 17.4 or later, which I'm guessing most of you knew or assumed.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

Except for the 3 apps Apple choose for development partners, it looks like no other budget - money tracking program will beat Simplifi to having Apple Card integration.

• Scibike
    Scibike Member

New iOS app says support is coming.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 18

Thanks for the update. In preparation for Apple Card. I had to go to the app store to get the update, probably because of early access but when I searched for Simplifi, I got an update button. I can't fine the version number in the app or under Settings - Quicken Simplifi on the iPhone. Is the version number available on the iPhone?

Does anyone know have to find the version number of the Web App? I have early access for iPhone app and Web app and the check # field is now available on both.

Update: The mobile app version number can be found from the dashboard. Click the Person Icon upper right corner. You just see the number above signout.

Forget about the request for finding web release version. Simplifi keeps the web and mobile in sync such that the web app version does not matter.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

5.9.0 release notes says "this release contains some of the foundational code to make it available to our Early Access group.". Does anyone know what the foundational code gives Early Access group in terms of Apple Card use? My guess is the coding for Apple Card integration is in 5.9.0 but there is a bug to be found and fixed.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

If reddit users are right, apple card support is up and running.

Rob Wilkens

• Forteleza
    Forteleza Member

@RobWilk Confirmed!

• imdZigman
    imdZigman Member
    edited July 19

@Forteleza

hmmmm….I still can’t see the option. What did you search for under accounts to find it. I am early-release enabled, but none of the options under “Apple” appear to be for the card.

• NightJar
    NightJar Member

@imdZigman There is an option to add Apple Wallet at the top of the popular accounts list.

• random
    random Member ✭✭

nice to hear finally! but now my big question is, I manually imported all of those applecard.CVS transactions for the last four months or so, I wonder what will happen when I add the Apple Card via sync? I certainly don’t want dupes, but I also categorized and made rules, etc., for all my manual ones. I hope the coaches here can explain a good strategy! If I don’t hear something, I will at least first tag all my manual ones so I can filter and make it necessary. Anyways, thanks!

• Jerrod
    Jerrod Member ✭✭

I can confirm that it works… made a test purchase just to see if it would sync and it does. When you connect, you have the option of which accounts (Apple Card, Apple Cash, Apple Savings) you want to link to Simplifi. I just linked my Apple Card, and I was prompted to link it to the already existing manual account that I had titled "Apple Card". So far no double counts.

• Coach Marcus
    Coach Marcus Moderator admin
    edited July 19

Hi, Sorry about the delay. It was a lot more complicated than we expected and we ran into a Balance issue last week that prevented us from turning the feature on as planned. I think it's working pretty well now but please provide any issues you run into in this thread so we can quickly get a fix. This only works on Apple iPhones and won't work on the web app. This is because we connect directly to Apple's Wallet app to transfer the transactions which is currently only on iPhone. Also, this will work to sync your Apple Card, Apple Cash, and Apple Savings accounts.

Also, you can link the account to manual accounts with transactions imported from a CSV file. It should work. This was one of the complications. We didn't want to introduce duplicates and we were pleased to see our de-duping code worked well. This also caused balance issues in that the balance didn't add up right with a pre-existing balance.

Anyway, I think we caught all the issues and everything is working well but please report any issues here in this forum. I'll monitor this to get the issues filed quickly.

• random
    random Member ✭✭

THANK YOU!!!!

Note, though it syncs via the iPhone Simplifi app, people should know it will then show all the transactions on the Web App.

Also need offical advise, should we 'link' the first setup to our older manually created AppleCard accounts we've been importing via cvs? As Jerrod wrote, I believe we should. I just don't want dups.

• Jerrod
    Jerrod Member ✭✭

@Coach Marcus and all the other coaches, thanks for your communication on this. I'm sure it was stressful on your end. I have a quick question. I've sync'd transactions "manually" a couple of times by tapping the refresh icon next to the Wallet Account in settings. Will this automatically sync without opening the app? If so, how often?

• random
    random Member ✭✭

Good question Jerrod!.. esp since I rarely ever use the iPhone app, I like to review things on a big computer monitor.

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭

Apple account sync works for me. Thank you Simplifi

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19

Looking great. Setup was only 3 or 4 clicks. No passwords to enter. No linking required. I had a manual account and told Simplifi to download everything on Apple Card. Working on the web app I noticed I had a Maunal Apple Card account and deleted the manual account. I'm a happy camper

This discussion has been closed.