We would like progress updates on Apple Card (edited)

Answers

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 17

I prefer a tight lipped company to a company that promises something they can't deliver. In addition if Simplifi had posted "we are waiting on Apple for permission", Apple would probably delayed permission because they would consider the post as bad PR for Apple. Apple is very demanding from companies it supports.

• Wooloomooloo2
    Wooloomooloo2 Member ✭✭✭

Has this been implemented yet? It has been available on other applications for months, and yes I know they had beta access for a few weeks before 17.4 but it's now been 3 months since that was released.

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭

We have been patient on this, but no news after more than 3 months?

Apple Card users are anxiously waiting for this feature! And, as a new Quicken user (since January 2024), I want to have all my financial data being managed under the financial software I chose to use, otherwise I have always to keep part of it being controlled manually.

• random
    random Member ✭✭

Although some earlier comments raised here & elsewhere have valid points regarding why there have been Apple Card support delays, it's now ridiculous!

Many of us after the demise of Mint were drawn to Simplifi & were fairly happy with most of it except for the lack of AppleCard support. But since were told many times that Apple Card support was imminent, (including in a post by the CEO at one point that now seems to have been scrubbed) we stuck with Simplifi rather than jump to one of the other apps that had support for it...

We now many months later continue to face daily frustration due to its absence, (and importing a cvs at the end of the month and then checking maybe a hundred+ of payments is a horrible 'solution'.) Despite Simplifi's many strengths, the lack of this feature necessitates urgent attention from Quicken. It's worth noting that Quicken, a premier accounting software company with "over 200 employees", should have been more in tune & responsive with Apple given its stature. While I understand dealing with Apple can be difficult or may take time, clear progress updates to it's loyal new users would be greatly appreciated.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

I knew it would take time but I did not think it would take this long.

• chawba
    chawba Member

Any news on when/if Apple Card will be available in Simplifi?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@chawba, I have gone ahead and merged your post with this existing thread for Apple Card so you can follow along here for updates. The most recent update is available here:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭

I cannot answer for other users, but for me this answer just shows the lack of interest of Quicken to listen to their users. On June 12th you answered with a message from May 16th? Are you sure there is no updated answer on this? Like … we are in the final internal tests, before releasing it to early access users, or anything else.

It is not an acceptable answer!

• random
    random Member ✭✭
    edited June 18

Agreed!… I tweaked everything in Simplifi and hung in there with expectations it would have AppleCard support soon.. Sigh, now many months later it's totally absurd [removed - accuracy] at this point. However I have moved on to another app (but still want Simplifi to simply have it working, just in case I need to return).

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

I would be very surprise if Coach Natalie knows when Apple Card will connect or has authority to tell the coders to make Apple Card priority one . The products that can connect require an iPhone to make the initial connect the last time I check. Not likely but the wait could be that Apple is promising Android connect or connection via the web in a few months. It probably that management did not put it on the to do list until Apple gave permission and it did not get put at the top of the list. What ever the reason, hopefully it will be soon.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

When Apple Card becomes available for connecting how will it be announced? Will it be Apple Card when one searches for Apple to add an account?

• awstroud
    awstroud Member

Apple Card transaction data (and Apple Cash data for that matter) has been available via the iOS API since the release of iOS 17.4 in early March - four months ago. Many other budget apps already have support for Apple Card. We've been told by the product team that it's coming, but when?

I think we deserve an ETA or at least to know roughly where this is in the Simplifi roadmap…

To be frank, I can't wait much longer and I'm sure I'm not the only one that is starting to investigate alternatives simply because of a lack of support on Apple Card.

• Coach Natalie

@awstroud, thanks for posting your inquiry to the Community!

As you can see from the above discussion I merged your post with, we are keeping everyone here updated on Apple Card integration so please continue to follow along here.

And I actually do have an update to provide! We are hoping this ability will be available on the Mobile App in Early Access this week. 🎉

-Coach Natalie

• awstroud
    awstroud Member

That's great! So do I just need to opt-in to early access features to use this?

• Coach Natalie

@awstroud, yes, when the feature is available in Early Access. The steps to enable Early Access can be found here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8174820-enabling-early-access#h_de0ffed1d7

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

Great news. I had just about quit using Apple Card and was missing the convince of paying with my apple watch without a card. I assume we will make the connection with an iPone app and it will appear on the web app. With Apple requiring an iPhone for connecting, I would think there is no need for any changes on the web app.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

When we connect to Apple Card, what are the steps to insure it syncs with the transaction in the manual Apple Card account?

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭

Great news! I have tried other alternatives, but actually, none still gave me all I needed.

When new features are available to Early Users, how do we know about it? It there a notification of a new feature for Early Users? An E-mail?

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@nakada hit the bookmark button at the top of this topic and it should email posts unless you disabled that, updates to this thread are likely where you'll find the notice you seek.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3

@N4KHQ iI imagine it's like any other bank, you'll have the option to link to existing or create new account.

Rob Wilkens

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

That is what I was thinking. I assume when you click Link to existing account it will allow you to select from the existing list.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@N4KHQ as long as it is a manual account, yes, i would expect.

Rob Wilkens

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6

I am just guessing but it appears to me Quicken Simplifi is contracting with a service provider for the iPhone app, Quicken Simplifi, to connect Apple Card. Looks like developers have a problem with the delivery date they were hopping to achieve. Hopefully it minor.

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭

so far the Apple Card support has not yet come for early access enabled users. I don’t see it.

• Moe82
    Moe82 Member ✭✭

Any updates?

• ladiciuus
    ladiciuus Member

You said it was going to early access last week and it doesn't happen. At this point, it feels like you are intentionally misleading us. For someone who is new to your company and is currently on a trial subscription, this whole apple card implementation has been a pretty bad experience. It's been months since it was made available.

I have been putting off importing my stuff to another solution as you keep saying it's coming soon. Our household finances are also incomplete, because I am putting off creating my wife's account as she heavily uses Apple Card.

Please be honest with your timeline that way people can make decisions.

Thank You.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

The quote: "We are hoping this ability will be available on the Mobile App in Early Access this week". Please note note HOPING. Coach Natalie Is probably wanting the update more than you. I think they are contracting with the developers and Simplifi is pressuring them for when and the developers said maybe this week. I have no ideal how motivated the developers are to get the Apple Card connecting but even if they are very motivated, programs can't give you a completion date because until the code is working and tested you never know how long it will take. They are probably trying to think of every possible way a user could mess it up, send it for testing and tester finds something. In addition they are working with Apple's stands for security and probably a new way of connecting.

• I talked with Apple, and they said there’s no hold up on their end.

• ladiciuus
    ladiciuus Member
    edited July 9

I work in software development so I know how it goes. What I meant was, [removed - speculation/accuracy]. Other providers implemented this months ago. It doesn't take months to implement an integration. We have no indication that Apple is blocking an API they made available.

In my example, if 4 months ago, they had said "it's coming in August", someone in my situation would have switched to another provider already, but since they said "it's coming VERY soon" I stuck around waiting.

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭

Quicken Simplify has been an excellent tool to help me manage my financial info. For me, the last thing that it is lacking is the integration to manage Apple Card transactions, but it is taking so long that I start to be interested in trying other providers more seriously.

Give us the good news that this "feature", or integration, is available, at least to early access users! I will gladly test it and report anything I identify needs to be corrected before making it available for all users.

This discussion has been closed.