Ability to import QFX files (edited)

Options
Phssthpok
Phssthpok Member ✭✭
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests

I have multiple institutions that Simplifi simply doesn't download transactions correctly. (A credit card with two authorized users and one of the users NEVER gets their transactions imported.)

Those institutions do offer a qfx export, however. I know you offer csv import, but qfx files are the most common supplied by financial institutions and wouldn't require the manual manipulation the csv files need to import.

23 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Phssthpok,

Thanks for taking the time to post your request here! Please be sure to add your vote! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie

• Algol
    Options
    I second this request. Financial institutions (at least the ones I have experience with) provide the ability to export transaction information in several formats that include QFX.
  • GreenSpring
    GreenSpring Member
    Options

For security purposes I will NEVER be linking certain bank accounts. Please let me upload QFX files. The CSV upload template does not include Category.

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's the status of adding QFX import support to Simplifi? It seems odd that this has taken so long as it would resolve a lot of problems with accounts that are not supported since almost everybody offers export to QFX or OfX.

For example, Apple Card and Apple Savings have this option. I know you added Apple Card import to Simplifi, but QFX seems like a simpler, cleaner solution that would work for more accounts.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hello @SRC54,

Thanks for reaching out!

There are no further updates to provide on this request at this time. Once an update does become available, we'll be sure to update this post accordingly. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• tcconnally
    Options

@Coach Natalie Can you help us understand why there are no plans to implement importing Quicken's file format so Simplifi?! Is the ability to import QFX files available in a higher subscription tier?

If so, that would be pertinent information to add to this ticket so that those who require that functionality can utilize a tool that provides it.

What Quicken tools offer budget and transaction tracking and support importing QFX files?

• CrunchyRoll852
    Options

I am also struggling with accounts that aren't supported for linking. The CSV import doesn't support duplicate checking and my download always includes all the transactions in the credit card statement cycle.. The QFX/OFX standard at least includes an identifier to support duplicate checking on import and it'd doesn't need me to spend time formatting my banks output to match a csv input template.

I like the csv option as a back up as it's flexible enough to allow any one to import anything, but it's not as convenient as an QFX/OFX file.

I've upvoted this.

• sfinger1
    Options

I could also benefit from this quite a bit. My institution does QFX files and CSV, but I dont have a way to edit the CSV file to import it into Simplifi. Please update, this would make this good software better.

• SidB
    SidB Member
    Options

can one upload qfx files to Simplifi?? I'm new to simplifi since Mint went down. It only uploaded transactions going back to dec 2023. I need at the least the last 12 months. My bank can create a qfx file for the custom period April 2022 to dec 2023. can it be uploaded to simplifi?

thanks!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@SidB, thanks for the inquiry!

Although QFX file import is not currently supported in Quicken Simplifi (that's what this request is for), you can import CSV files by following the steps outlined here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4413430-how-to-manually-import-transactions

If you experience any trouble importing a CSV file, or have additional questions regarding this, please create a post in the appropriate area of the Community so we can assist you accordingly.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie