Cannot connect to Morgan Stanley stock plan connect (error FDP-196)

Options
2»

Comments

• Trent
    Trent Member
    Options

A fix for this would be VERY much appreciated. I just signed up for Simplifi today and paid money instead of using free alternatives.

• dev2014
    dev2014 Member
    Options

I am also seeing the same error. What is the point of contacting the financial institution when so many people are getting the same error.

• carbonUser
    Options

I am still seeing the error. Should we expect some compensation to alleviate the lack of functionality of this service? I've been paying for many months now and I expect things to work. It's disappointing to keep seeing this issue after many weeks now. As customers, we should expect for things to get resolved quickly, otherwise why keep paying?

• Ratheesh
    Options

Any plan in the near future on fixing this issue?

• krishnak
    krishnak Member
    edited March 22
    Options

Also an SWE switching from Mint to Simplifi. Just signed up today.

The suggested solution for the user to file a ticket with Morgan Stanley then file ANOTHER ticket with Quicken is ridiculous. I'm paying money for this app that's branding itself as a Mint successor. There shouldn't be such a downgrade in user experience. Thank you @Jason M for trying that solution for all of us.

There have also been 0 updates on the ticket since March 8th, and it's March 22nd now:

Can the team commit to 2x a week updates here until this is fixed? There's 0 visibility into what's going on for us users. A fix ETA would also be extremely appreciated.

If this issue isn't resolved soon or even handled with earnest effort (which, so far, hasn't been the case), I'm canceling my subscription and moving to an alternative.

And FYI to the others on this thread, it looks like the team often just responds "This Alert is still listed as ongoing and there is currently no ETA on a resolution" with months in-between, take a look at some threads here: https://community.simplifimoney.com/categories/current-online-banking-issues I'm sure this is not your fault @Coach Natalie, but please pass this feedback to the dev team so they prioritize things properly.

• krishnak
    krishnak Member
    Options

Also FYI to others, I'm using a Manual Account as a hopefully-very-temporary workaround. You just need to enter the # of shares you own and the ticker symbol of your company stock. The account value is then auto-updated with the market.

It isn't perfect, and you'll need to manually change the share balance when new shares vest, but it's better than nothing.

• Jason M
    Jason M Member
    edited March 25
    Options

Yeah, [removed - accuracy]. Great transparency.

• BrandonG
    BrandonG Member
    Options

Will be we receiving refunds for the months that this service is not working? Many of us bank with Morgan Stanley and considering Quicken is not able to import the transactions for us to monitor our banking, why were we charged?

• carbonUser
    Options

Hello? Any update? It's been so many weeks now.

• heng
    heng Member
    Options

any update on this? I still can't connect my account

• carbonUser
    carbonUser Member
    edited April 6
    Options

[Removed - No Soliciting] I'm now thinking about switching.

• grant_quicken
    grant_quicken Member
    Options

"Therefore, Morgan Stanley Stock Plan has been removed from Quicken Simplifi" - sounds like the plan is to not fix this?

This is very disappointing to hear. One of the main reasons I chose to use Simplifi was to see everything in a single location. If I still need to manually manage several of my accounts I'm really losing all of the major benefits here.

• icedog
    icedog Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie When I click on that post, I get an error saying "Permission Problem".

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@icedog, thanks for reaching out!

The Alert has been archived, which is why you can't access it. What piece of info are you looking for in the Alert? I can send a screenshot, if you'd like.

Otherwise, please note that the Alert was resolved with this information:

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.