Payee rule not getting applied

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 29 in Report a Bug

I've been experiencing an issue where one specific payee rule is not getting applied for 3 or 4 weeks now.

I have this rule set up. As you can see, it found 1 transaction that matches the rule.

This is the transaction that matches the rule. Seems like there's already a problem because if it recognizes the transaction as a match, why didn't it apply the rule?

When I click the Update button, I get a message saying the update was made, but the transaction remains unchanged.

I have several other payee rules that work really well, but this particular one is giving me fits. Also, this isn't a case of a pending transaction that will get the rule applied after it clears. Experience tells me that even after it clears, the transaction will remain unchanged.

I am going to try to delete and recreate the rule, but that's a last-ditch option that users shouldn't have to resort to, so I wanted to get this reported.

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

Thanks for reaching out! We do currently have a known issue for this bug you are experiencing. It can be found here:

Be sure to follow the post for updates on the issue!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30
    Options

@ajbopp

Your post prompted me to think of something that happens to me with a frequent Payee name that downloads like this. While it's not a TST*___ payee, it has the SQ*___ at the beginning.

Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't and I had a heck of a time figuring out the pattern. Eventually, I realized that sometimes the transaction was downloading with the " C " and sometimes it stopped at the " I ". When I fixed it one time, I would unknowingly break it for the next time. Therefore, I created two (2) sperate rules for this particular Payee Name. One works with the " C " and one covers without.

In your case, I note that your renaming rule is looking for " Brick " but the transaction downloaded as "Bricksi ". Maybe see if there's a difference in how that particular Payee is downloading and then fix accordingly. I suspect that if your rule had " Bricksi ", it would have applied properly.

Sorry if I'm completely off topic here, but I'm trying to go fast before I forget about your problem.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
This discussion has been closed.