Payee rule not getting applied

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited March 27 in Report a Bug

I've been experiencing an issue where one specific payee rule is not getting applied for 3 or 4 weeks now.

I have this rule set up. As you can see, it found 1 transaction that matches the rule.

This is the transaction that matches the rule. Seems like there's already a problem because if it recognizes the transaction as a match, why didn't it apply the rule?

When I click the Update button, I get a message saying the update was made, but the transaction remains unchanged.

I have several other payee rules that work really well, but this particular one is giving me fits. Also, this isn't a case of a pending transaction that will get the rule applied after it clears. Experience tells me that even after it clears, the transaction will remain unchanged.

I am going to try to delete and recreate the rule, but that's a last-ditch option that users shouldn't have to resort to, so I wanted to get this reported.

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

Thanks for reaching out! We do currently have a known issue for this bug you are experiencing. It can be found here:

Be sure to follow the post for updates on the issue!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30
    Options

@ajbopp

Your post prompted me to think of something that happens to me with a frequent Payee name that downloads like this. While it's not a TST*___ payee, it has the SQ*___ at the beginning.

Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't and I had a heck of a time figuring out the pattern. Eventually, I realized that sometimes the transaction was downloading with the " C " and sometimes it stopped at the " I ". When I fixed it one time, I would unknowingly break it for the next time. Therefore, I created two (2) sperate rules for this particular Payee Name. One works with the " C " and one covers without.

In your case, I note that your renaming rule is looking for " Brick " but the transaction downloaded as "Bricksi ". Maybe see if there's a difference in how that particular Payee is downloading and then fix accordingly. I suspect that if your rule had " Bricksi ", it would have applied properly.

Sorry if I'm completely off topic here, but I'm trying to go fast before I forget about your problem.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.