Why does my manual real estate account have a 0 balance?

Options

I added a manual account and chose real estate from the other asset category. I then entered a value of 420,000 (the Zillow estimate). In my dashboard, the value of the assets is $0. There is an opening balance transaction of $420,000, but it appears (from the chart) to have been -420,000 before that, for some reason. So the value is $0. Why is that and how is this helpful to represent the value of an asset?

Tagged:

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think the key to successfully adding the value of your asset is to put a + in front of the number when you enter it. You should be able to edit your initial transaction with that change, and I think it will come out right.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• willjames
    Options

That does not help.. here is a screen shot of another test real estate asset I added, with a value of $100,000. See how the opening balance is $100,000; however, it seems to have started at -100,000 so the opening balance transaction just brings it to 0.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 8
    Options

The opening balance transaction is what I meant to suggest adding the + sign to. Sorry for not being more clear. However, I can't explain in your screen shot above what is causing the latest balance to return to -$100,000

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• willjames
    Options

It seems to have fixed on its own. I just logged back in and now the value is correct (no longer 0)

This discussion has been closed.