The Farmers State Bank - New Madison, Ohio (edited)

Options

Have requested help via the app three times. following is the discussion i had with FSB with Farmers State bank. FYI - There are dozens of Farmers state banks across the country..

-------- Original Message Start ----------
In january, I was able to connect Quicken Simplifi financial software to Famers State Bank - at some point since then something has changed. Famers state bank (there are dozens) with the The URL https://www.myfsb.bank/ no longer has connectivity with Simplifi. Did the URL change? Do you have an explanation why we had connectivity and now we don't?
---------- Original Message End ------------
Rodney, we have not changed the URL and nothing has changed on our end for it to no longer to have connectivity. Have you tried contacting Quicken about this?

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @yendorreklaw,

Thanks for reaching out! To help clarify your situation, could you let us know what specific error you are receiving when trying to connect to this bank?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• yendorreklaw
    Options

There is no error other than automatic updates stopped a while back and my bank is no longer in the list of connected financial institutions. Since there are so many Famers state banks, I have to search by the URL, which used to be there but is no longer found to try to get the automatic updates to resume, I deleted the account and tried to re-add it and now cannot find the bank

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @yendorreklaw,

Thanks for the reply. I would suggest trying the 'Farmers State Bank myfsb.com' instance in Quicken Simplifi, as that url links to the website url you gave previously. Let us know if that works for you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• yendorreklaw
    Options

Your suggestion wont work -

myfsb.com links to Farmers state bank of Alto Pass Illinois. As I stated, there are dozens of Farmers state banks across the U.S. They are not related but share the name.

This is from the site linked to by myfsb.com:

"Farmers State Bank of Alto Pass (FSB) is an independently owned, community bank located in southern Illinois and was founded in January of 1910. It is family owned and operated"

The site linked to myfsb.bank has this:

The origin of The Farmers State Bank was in 1889 with H. G. Bloom commencing operations of the Farmers Bank.  Mr. Bloom was the sole shareholder and President of the bank until his death in 1907. After his death, the bank moved locations within New Madison (ohio) and the name was changed to the Farmers Banking Company.

I need Simplifi to link to myfsb,bank just as it did in January

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @yendorreklaw,

I see now, thank you. The URL you gave is for The Farmers State Bank based out of New Madison, Ohio. I have gone ahead and converted this post into a Financial Institution request post for other users to vote and follow for updates as well. Thank you for your patience.

-Coach Jon

• yendorreklaw
    Options

I feel like you are missing the fact that this URL had connectivity in January 2024, but since then has been lost. I have requested numerous times through the app that this URL be added (again) to no avail To to my way of thinking this is a defect. Why / how was connectivity lost?

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @yendorreklaw,

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, we would not know why that instance has been removed. If it has been made unavailable in Quicken Simplifi, then the best thing we can do here is this FI request. We cannot guarantee we'll be able to add support for a requested bank, but having others vote for it definitely raises visibility of it getting added. I wish we could do more, and thank you for your patience!

-Coach Jon

• yendorreklaw
    Options

Hi Jon,

I can appreciate that you "would not know why that instance has been removed" but without it I am unable to use full Simplifi functionality. Please explain the reasoning where "having others vote for it definitely raises visibility of it getting added". It was added once before and using your logic, it must have had "the votes". I am requesting that you please add it…… again.

Thank You

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @yendorreklaw,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, we wouldn't have the answer to that question here. Voting for the idea however does allow it a better chance of it being added in the future.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• yendorreklaw
    Options

Jon,

This is a Simplifi defect, not an enhancement request.

What I hear you saying is at that, in your opinion, this issue won't impact enough subscribers to be of concern to your organization.

If not here, where can I get an authoritative , yes or no answer from someone? "we will fix this" or "we are not going to fix this"

Saying that you will fix this if it impacts enough subscribers is absurd.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @yendorreklaw,

Thanks for the reply. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused. Voting isn't a factor really when it comes to a missing financial instituion request. Once a user officially requests a bank, as you have here, we'll post back with any updates if/when they're received about adding the bank. We can't guarantee we'll be add support for the requested bank. Thank you for your patience!

-Coach Jon

• yendorreklaw
    Options

Jon,

Just for reference, I have been asking to add this connectivity (that existed in January 2024) for several months. Through the app, through online chat, through the "call back help feature" and now here. I am always promised "we will get back to you". Nobody "gets back" and I can't understand why you can't give a yes/no answer. Yes can be qualified by the truth such as … "when we have the resources available, we are inundated with defects currently" I like the product. It's a bit buggy, but I can live with that if I know that my issues are in the pipeline to be investigated, fixed, or implemented.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@yendorreklaw, thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately, we don't have any further insight to provide as to why the connection was removed or regarding your request to have it added back. We can't give you a yes or no answer; we can only tell you that filing this Missing Financial Institution Request is an official way to request your bank. We will post back here if/when updates become available on the connection, although we cannot guarantee we'll be able to add support. To clarify, we will only post back if news becomes available on the connection.

If you'd like to pursue this further from your end, I'd suggest contacting your bank directly and providing them with this link to our service provider so they can request connectivity from their end: https://www.intuit.com/partners/fdp/implementation-support/ofx/

I hope this helps clear up any confusion, and we apologize for the frustration.

-Coach Natalie

• yendorreklaw
    Options

Hi Natalie,

Please read my very first post. it contains farmers state bank's reply to my query.

As far as your "we'll get back to you reply", Please don't. This is a very simple request to re-add my bank.

How do I escalate this issue for an honest, truthful reply to my question —- Will you re-add my bank. yes or no. and when. no more "we'll get back to you"

to repeat - I like the product. It's a bit buggy, but I can live with that if I know that my issues are in the pipeline to be investigated, fixed, or implemented.

I realize that Quicken needs my $50/year like a new hole in the head. Conversely, for my $50/yr I, and all of the simplifi users, deserve better than "we'll get back to you" thinking that I will go away

• yendorreklaw
    Options

I guess Natalie was called in to shut down the conversation. It's unfortunate that this is what passes for customer service.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 16
    Options

The thing to know: Simplifi doesn't manage the bank connection. They contract it out to two companies, and you'll be assigned to one of them based loosely on when your account was created.. Some are on Intuit's connectors, others are on [finicity]. Simplifi is not in charge of those other companies. They are a customer.

Rob Wilkens

• yendorreklaw
    Options

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5687989-how-does-quicken-simplifi-connect-to-my-bank

I understand about these aggregation partners but my point in all of this is being patronized and told that I just have to wait and see if my request to add a bank will be honored and that "there is no way to know" why that connectivity was lost. This is insulting. I like this product, even though it is buggy, but I don't like being brushed off in this manner.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.