The Farmers State bank - New Madison, Ohio (edited)

Options

Have requested help via the app three times. following is the discussion i had with FSB with Farmers State bank. FYI - There are dozens of Farmers state banks across the country..

-------- Original Message Start ----------
In january, I was able to connect Quicken Simplifi financial software to Famers State Bank - at some point since then something has changed. Famers state bank (there are dozens) with the The URL https://www.myfsb.bank/ no longer has connectivity with Simplifi. Did the URL change? Do you have an explanation why we had connectivity and now we don't?
---------- Original Message End ------------
Rodney, we have not changed the URL and nothing has changed on our end for it to no longer to have connectivity. Have you tried contacting Quicken about this?

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @yendorreklaw,

Thanks for reaching out! To help clarify your situation, could you let us know what specific error you are receiving when trying to connect to this bank?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• yendorreklaw
    Options

There is no error other than automatic updates stopped a while back and my bank is no longer in the list of connected financial institutions. Since there are so many Famers state banks, I have to search by the URL, which used to be there but is no longer found to try to get the automatic updates to resume, I deleted the account and tried to re-add it and now cannot find the bank

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @yendorreklaw,

Thanks for the reply. I would suggest trying the 'Farmers State Bank myfsb.com' instance in Quicken Simplifi, as that url links to the website url you gave previously. Let us know if that works for you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• yendorreklaw
    Options

Your suggestion wont work -

myfsb.com links to Farmers state bank of Alto Pass Illinois. As I stated, there are dozens of Farmers state banks across the U.S. They are not related but share the name.

This is from the site linked to by myfsb.com:

"Farmers State Bank of Alto Pass (FSB) is an independently owned, community bank located in southern Illinois and was founded in January of 1910. It is family owned and operated"

The site linked to myfsb.bank has this:

The origin of The Farmers State Bank was in 1889 with H. G. Bloom commencing operations of the Farmers Bank.  Mr. Bloom was the sole shareholder and President of the bank until his death in 1907. After his death, the bank moved locations within New Madison (ohio) and the name was changed to the Farmers Banking Company.

I need Simplifi to link to myfsb,bank just as it did in January

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @yendorreklaw,

I see now, thank you. The URL you gave is for The Farmers State Bank based out of New Madison, Ohio. I have gone ahead and converted this post into a Financial Institution request post for other users to vote and follow for updates as well. Thank you for your patience.

-Coach Jon

• yendorreklaw
    Options

I feel like you are missing the fact that this URL had connectivity in January 2024, but since then has been lost. I have requested numerous times through the app that this URL be added (again) to no avail To to my way of thinking this is a defect. Why / how was connectivity lost?

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @yendorreklaw,

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, we would not know why that instance has been removed. If it has been made unavailable in Quicken Simplifi, then the best thing we can do here is this FI request. We cannot guarantee we'll be able to add support for a requested bank, but having others vote for it definitely raises visibility of it getting added. I wish we could do more, and thank you for your patience!

-Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.