FDP-101 error with Fidelity (edited)

Comments

• Jayjay
    Jayjay Member

I have the same issue, and this issue has been existed the day I set my quicken account, for about a week till now. The customer service does not help because their respond is "usually resolve in 24 hours", but it has been about a week.

• 04villian
    04villian Member

This is getting absurd, I might not get to even make a decision on 30 day money back guarantee. Haven’t been able to try the product yet 1/3rd into the month how will I know if I want it! Can we get some sort of timeline on this please. @coachnatalie

• Semaj
    Semaj Member

I am having the same issue. Spoke to Quicken and they said they are working on it. As stated before, this is likely a Quicken issue given that my other applications similar to Quicken have been able to access Fidelity consistently. Hopefully a fix comes soon. I am not sure why other applications were able to prepare for / manage the Fidelity security change fairly seemlessly.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

• sarahw
    sarahw Member

Quicken definitely need to be more transparent on what is being done to fix this issue.

Does this impact all types of Fidelity accounts? Some people seem to be successful but it has never worked for me.

Does Quicken understand the root cause yet? Do you need more details from users with this issue?

The separate tracking issue was created on 6/28, but there have been no updates.

We desperately need an ETA on a fix.

• Solat B
    Solat B Member

I've been fighting this for several weeks. Mine makes it all the way through to the end. It authorizes my accounts, I see the correct balance as I select my account. It completes, and no balance comes over. It knows who I am, it knows my accounts but no balance. It is particularly annoying since I have paid for the subscription and not getting the value. If I wasn't paying for it I would have already moved on. I also have colleagues who have been set up and are working fine. Terrible customer experience.

• nedmanjo
    nedmanjo Member

I use multiple financial platforms and it is a bit hit and miss but the current version of Quicken, Empower and Chase Bank all make connections with Fidelity. All of my accounts are linked and update. What I have noticed is that the institutions differ as has been noted. Interestingly enough I have the opposite issue with American Express Savings. Quicken won't link but Simplfi will. Go figure!

• Same Here!! I still have issues connecting!! I will just transfer Quicken account to different platform.

• I loaded all data from Quicken Classic into Simplifi a few weeks ago. All good. Added some accounts that I wasn't tracking in Quicken, all good. When I added my wife's Fidelity accounts the accounts, they loaded but show at $0.00 with the FDP-101 code. Gave it a few days to see if it would resolve itself, as of today it has not.

I like Simplifi but would like it better if it worked better

• cflux
    cflux Member

I am having the same issue. If I can't get my primary retirement data I will not use this product.

• 04villian
    04villian Member
    edited July 11

Communicate.

• nedmanjo
    nedmanjo Member
    edited July 12

[removed - acccuracy] Fidelity Investments works in Quicken, as well as Empower and a number of other accounts where linking in accounts is possible.

• My fidelity account will connect, but none of the data shows up. Quicken keeps giving me the FDP-101 error and displays the “fix it” button. When I log in to my fidelity account, it says access has been granted. Why is this not working? I need access to fidelity for this app to be useful to me.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited July 12

@Imjcmr & @Emma81218, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

As you can see from the above discussion that I merged both of your posts with, the FDP-101 error with Fidelity is a known issue. Our Alert here can be followed for updates:

We appreciate everyone's continued patience and apologize for the frustration!

-Coach Natalie

• DDeCrescente
    DDeCrescente Member

Hi @Coach Natalie . I solely use an IPad Pro and iPhone and do not have a PC/laptop. Since I became a Simplifi user in November 2023 (e.g. running from Mint :-) ) I have not ever been able to add Fidelity Investments or NetBenefits as a Simplifi Account.

What advice can you provide to help me add Fidelity Investments or NetBenefits? Thank you!!!

• The waiting has been forever :(

• nedmanjo
    nedmanjo Member

The point I was attempting to make is that Fidelity Investments, aka fidelity.com is not available in the Simplifi add account drop down listing. What is available is Fidelity NetBenefits aka nb.fidelity.com which I can connect to but cannot pull any data into Simplifi. Which is what many others have experienced. Why is that Fidelity Investments is missing from the add account drop down listing?

• Imjcmr
    Imjcmr Member

For such a large company such as Quicken, you'd think they would have gotten this addressed by now. It's now July 17th and Fidelity Accounts are still not working correctly. I'm quickly losing faith here… Its been going on since the 21st of June. Almost a month…

• grantklin
    grantklin Member

OP here. i'm new to Simplifi.

This function worked when I first subscribed to the app.

To me this is considered break/fix issue and this response is especially unacceptable. Fidelity is a big part of my portfolio, so the fact that these assets aren't being tracked, is a big deal to me.

There's no point complaining here, I will "vote"/walk with my subscription.

• I just subscribed it last week lol and then I saw this… great…

• rdenove
    rdenove Member ✭✭

This is no longer a useful application. To take this long to fix a connection to a major finance player is unacceptable. I will stay with Quicken Classic, who can connect to Fidelity with no problem so maybe there is something to be learned here.

• Is the Quicken Classic tax report feature useful for 1099? Anything else that's better in Quicken Classic vs Simplifi?

• 04villian
    04villian Member
    edited July 17

Send me a REFUND now i’m done waiting. This is absurd maybe the wait length wouldn’t be as much of a problem if you all communicated properly but it’s been very lackluster, I’m disappointed. Check my account I am within the 30 days and please refund me. Thanks @Coach Jon @Coach Natalie

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @04villian,

Thanks for reaching out! Since this thread is for an FDP-101 error with Fidelity, you will want to go ahead and request a refund or any other request by creating a new post in the community or by contacting support directly. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Hope this helps!

-Coach Jon

• Cosmo24
    Cosmo24 Member
    edited July 18

I also use multiple account aggregation platforms [removed] and all of them have no issues when connecting with Fidelity. This is a Simplifi issue with Fidelity. It is likely not a priority with Fidelity to help fix 3rd party aggregators. This is how Simplifi makes money and not Fidelity. Simplifi needs to continue to put pressure on Fidelity and communicate better with their users with more details on the communication dialogue they are having with Fidelity. This is frustrating but just saying "we are aware of the issue and working on a fix" is no longer sufficient. Need better details.

• sarahw
    sarahw Member

I'm tired of seeing messages thanking everyone for their patience. Mine has run out! I want this fixed and I want to see evidence that Quicken are taking this seriously and aggressively working towards getting this fixed.

It's particularly frustrating when I see posts saying that other Quicken products can handle the connection. If that truly is the case maybe the Quicken Simplifi team should be talking with the Quicken Classic team.

• Smeds
    Smeds Member

I requested, and received, a refund. Product is not useful to me without a connection to Fidelity Retirement accounts.