Apple Wallet Integration: Share your feedback here!

Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited August 19 in Feedback

With the release of Apple Wallet to our Early Access iOS users, we want to hear what you think! The good, the bad, the ugly — leave it all here for our product team!

For more details on Apple Wallet, please see our announcement here:

Comments

• Qtip
    Qtip Member
    edited July 24

Thank you so much!!! This is such a huge feature for me since a large percentage of my finances revolve around using my Apple Card. I’m so grateful that the team has listened to the requests its users and implemented this feature. I was previously a Mint user and I was seriously contemplating ending my Quicken Simplifi account after my subscription was up account due to: 1. not being able to link Apple Wallet 2. not being able to hide part of a split transactions. I am hopeful the latter will be resolved in the near future and I will definitely be recommending this app to others :)

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24

I connected to Apple Card before the turn off for a bug fix. I chose to add the main account and the Apple Cash account. Simplifi showed the Apple Cash account to be $499.87 but the wallet account said I had $99. I applied the $99 to my balance and Simplifi and Apple Wallet picked the credit up immediately. Apple Wallet showed $0 for Cash balance but the $499 in Simplifi did not change. None of my cards will download rewards to Simplifi which means Apple Cash is just and extra. When Apple Wallet was turned back on for Simplifi, the Apple Card balance updated and all transactions appear to be correct. My Apple Cash in Simplifi is still showing $499.87 and Apple Wallet is showing $3. The $499.87 in Simplifi and never changed and does not match lifetime receive cash or any other number I can find in wallet.

• Coach Natalie

@N4KHQ, since it sounds like you may have gotten stuck with the connection being disabled after you activated it, have you tried deleting and recreating the connection/accounts entirely to start over?

Let us know!

-Coach Natalie

• I noticed a discrepancy between the Apple Card balance that shows up on Simplifi versus what appears as the balance when I open the Apple Wallet app. Simplifi’s balance is higher, and after disconnecting, reconnecting, and reviewing every purchase, it still wasn’t clear where the difference was since all of the transactions matched.

I did manage to figure it out though… if you are doing any monthly installments for something like Apple’s 0% financing on an iPhone, Simplifi adds this to the card balance total. Not sure if there is a different way to differentiate between this on Simplifi so that there is more consistency with how Apple displays the card balance in Apple Wallet.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24

@Coach Natalie Thanks for the suggestion but same results. When I continue the new Apple Card Account, it shows Digital Cash as $499.87 and the correct Apple Card balance. When it setups the account, it shows Apple Cash as $499.87

• Coach Natalie

@N4KHQ, I reached out to our product team and asked if there are limitations to Apple Wallet updating (such as every 4-6 hours like other banking connections), as well as to identify any specific info we need to know when troubleshooting, and this is the answer I got:

"No, I think we synch whenever the user brings the Apple account up in Simplifi. The user can also try to click on the sync icon in the upper right corner of the account screen to force it. If the user connected while using 5.9.0, the balance mismatch might be because of the bug we fixed in 5.9.1. However, because they synced using 5.9.0 they remain in a broken state and we need to fix them. We’re working on that now."

With that, since you've tried deleting and re-adding the accounts using 5.9.1, can you please provide some screenshots of the setup process to outline what you're referring to with the balance issues, as well as comparison screenshots of the balances from the bank's website? This will allow us to take a closer look from our end.

Also, I do want to call out that you must add/update the accounts from the Quicken Simplifi mobile app; the web app will not sync this data without it first being synced on mobile.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Forteleza
    Forteleza Member

@Coach Natalie , for those who were connected when Apple Wallet was disabled to fix the bug, how should we reconnect? I reconnected, Simplifi reported that balance and transactions were syncing, but nothing changed. My balance in Simplifi does not match Apple Wallet, a pending transaction has not settled in Simplifi although it has in Wallet, and a new transaction in Wallet has not appeared in Simplifi.

I am concerned about deleting and reconnecting my account as suggested earlier in this thread. Doing so seems to lead to other issues.

Please let us know when this issue - “If the user connected while using 5.9.0, the balance mismatch might be because of the bug we fixed in 5.9.1. However, because they synced using 5.9.0 they remain in a broken state and we need to fix them. We’re working on that now." - is corrected. Thank you.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25

@Coach Natalie Please disregard my post about Apple Cash. I obviously don't understand Apple Cash. I finally found a Screen in Apple Wallet called Daily Cash. Under elections I see Statement Credit available to redeem $3. Apple Cash current Balance $499.87. At the top is shows Life Time Cash is $652.42. I don't have a clue what Apple Cash current Balance of $499.87 is but obviously there is not a problem with Simplifi.

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭

This happens to me too. I have some devices I pay monthly "Apple Monthly payments", but the value Quicken brings is the total value I owe the credit card, not the monthly statement I owe to them. It is a little bit annoying, and I do not know if there is any way to "fix" it, as I believe it is important to show us how much of our credit we are using, even if we do not have to pay them at the end of the month.

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie

Well, I made the switch and it seems to work ok but it renamed the accounts to what Apple wants, not what I want, and I cannot find anyway to go back to doing the accounts manually as the only option is to delete the institution (Apple Wallet), which would delete the accounts and transactions altogether, and I have hundreds of those.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭

I added both my Apple Card, and my Apple Savings when connecting to Apple Wallet, but now I want to just have the Apple Card transactions showing on Quicken Simplifi. I do not see a way to remove just the Apple Savings as the only possible thing to do is to delete the institution.

• andrewseanrae
    andrewseanrae Member

Beyond excited for this! I was able to connect all of my Apple accounts without any hiccups. Keep up the amazing work! Excited for future updates. ✌️

• Jerrod
    Jerrod Member ✭✭

I had the issue of the balance for AC showing higher on Simplifi than in Apple Wallet (even though the transactions were the same). I deleted the Apple Wallet connection and reconnected, and now the balances match. We'll see if that continues. One thing I noticed before doing all that was that Simplifi did not automatically move the transactions from pending to cleared. I wonder if that was solved in the bug fix.

• Wooloomooloo2
    Wooloomooloo2 Member ✭✭✭

I cannot get this to work at all. I have been able to do it on another app. iOS 17.5.1, Simplifi App 5.9

• Coach Natalie
    edited July 25

Hey everyone!

Here is another comment from our product team regarding the issue we're working on for users who enrolled in Apple Wallet on 5.9.0: "If customers are OK with deleting the account and re-adding it with 5.9.1 then this will fix the issue. However, if they can’t because they linked to an existing account and don’t want to lose those transactions then they should just wait.  We’re working on a fix."

I did request that I be kept updated as they work on this issue, so I will do my absolute best to keep you all informed!

As for deleting one of the accounts, or renaming them, I don't personally have Apple accounts, nor do I have iOS, so I can't test things from my end. Can someone send a screenshot of what it looks like when trying to delete just one Apple account under the Settings menu? It would also be great to see how things look when trying to edit the name of one of the accounts.

Please reference the following steps to make sure you're attempting the action correctly, and highlight the differences you see when performing these steps with Apple Wallet accounts versus other accounts. This will give me a clearer picture!

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3453929-how-to-delete-bank-accounts-in-quicken-simplifi#h_ec6dd7329c // https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3607432-how-to-delete-bank-accounts-on-the-mobile-app#h_7484d38c61

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3453445-how-to-edit-your-bank-account-names-and-types#h_4e04415172 // https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4853310-how-to-edit-your-bank-account-names-and-types-on-the-mobile-app#h_c3135fffea

Lastly, @Wooloomooloo2, when connecting to Apple Wallet, you wouldn't search for it in the bank list. Instead, you'll see an option at the top of the Add Account window that looks like this:

Our announcement here has more info on this feature that may help you:

Thanks, everyone!

-Coach Natalie

• Forteleza
    Forteleza Member

@Coach Natalie Thank you for the quick update from the product team.

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 26

@coach Natalie- thank you for adding Apple Card auto updates to Simplifi. The main limitation with the wallet based connection I see is for people who have multiple Apple Card’s - one for my self and one for my wife. Apple doesn’t allow us to add both cards to my wallet.
    The only way to overcome this is to add Simplifi app to my wife’s phone and then update it regularly. Can you please check if there is another way of achieving my goal?

Also, I am unable to edit my Apple Card account name to a nickname as we are able to do for all other accounts.

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Coach Natalie for the update. As far as I can tell, there is no way to delete any of the Apple Accounts once you've matched them. You have to delete Apple Wallet completely, which, of course, we don't want to do and lose our transactions. This is same on web app or iOS app.

As for renaming the Wallet apps, I can find no way to do that on the iOS app, but can do it on the Web App and it works, but if you update them on the iOS app it will rename them back to Apple's default.

I am lucky that the balance and transactions are right (as I waited to try it) and I have workarounds so that my accounts are in the order I like. (I like to display them according to balance.

I'll wait for the fix. Thanks again.

Steve

• Wooloomooloo2
    Wooloomooloo2 Member ✭✭✭

[quote]Lastly, @Wooloomooloo2, when connecting to Apple Wallet, you wouldn't search for it in the bank list. Instead, you'll see an option at the top of the Add Account window that looks like this: [/quote]

@Coach Natalie I had already checked that, it's the first screen you see before you can even search, and it wasn't there on 5.9

It is there on 5.9.1 so whatever was blocking it has been removed.

• pkBubba
    pkBubba Member ✭✭

Thank you for adding Apple Card/Savings/Cash Is there a way to get pending Apple Card transactions to show in Simplifi as well? It seems to only show cleared transactions. This might be helpful to catch a fraudulent transaction earlier.

• Coach Natalie

I have more answers from our product team for everyone!

1. Does Apple Wallet support pending transaction downloads? Yes, pending transactions will appear.  However, I just tried this and observed a possible bug where a previous pending transaction remained in the pending state on Quicken Simplifi but was no longer pending on Apple Wallet. I filed this ticket.
    2. Are users able to rename the accounts to a custom name? Currently, they can’t rename accounts. This may be a limitation of Apple’s implementation. I’ll check with the developer when he comes back as to whether or not this can be made to work.
    3. Can the accounts be disconnected from Apple Wallet once linked? You can’t currently disconnect from Apple Wallet in Quicken Simplifi. For example, customers who want to fix that balance issue will have to wait until we fix it on the database if they don't want to delete their accounts. The fix is planned for next week on Monday. We will be adding 'Reset Connection' and 'Make Manual' in the future, we just don’t have those options yet.

-Coach Natalie

• Pmrussell892
    Pmrussell892 Member ✭✭

I just want to give a huge shout out and thank you to the simplifi team for the apple cash implementation. It is perfect. I can instantly withdraw petty cash from my main accounts whether it be a bank account or CMA brokerage account for use with my petty cash spending. And all deposits and purchases immediately are updated in the account in simplifi. I could not have asked for a more perfect solution for seperating my daily random purchases from regular bills and larger transactions. Thank you, you guys are the best.

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 27

In continuation to my previous post, I tried to link both Apple Cards by signing into Simplifi from my wife’s phones and signing in with my profile. The second Apple Card also got connected and I can see all transactions from today. But I ended up with “error” on my first Apple Card I linked and it seems to be not syncing anymore.

But when I sign back and refresh from my phone again, my Apple Card is connected and wife’s card gets disconnected. May be a temporary solution which is much better than manual upload once a month. Hope there is a more permanent solution.

• pkBubba
    pkBubba Member ✭✭

@Coach Natalie Thanks for the explanations above, but I tried Apple Card charges twice. The last charge was on Thursday so maybe there were changes since then? While both the charges showed as pending under apple wallet/Apple Card, they did not sync under the iPhone Simplifi app transactions under Apple Card until they cleared. Is there some setting I'm missing? Would someone else please try Apple Card charges to see if their pending charges show under Simplifi?

• Dg44
    Dg44 Member

@Coach Natalie i observed the same bug you did (pending transactions remain even if that specific charge didn’t go through and is no longer on Apple wallet). Also, pending transactions are currently not being tagged as pending for Apple wallet only.

• pkBubba
    pkBubba Member ✭✭

Today I had a pending charge come through on my Apple Card, so please ignore this request for others to test as maybe something changed from last week.

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Natalie Thanks for the further updates on Apple Wallet. Some more observations.

1. It downloaded 6 years of transactions though my Simplifi Account goes back only 4. I was able to delete those other 2.5 years and held my breath that they might redownload, but they didn't. I also had some duplicates mostly because when it was a manual account, I entered Rewards Dollars daily instead of every transaction. I was able to fix those as well. I just deleted my manual transactions and kept the downloaded ones.
    2. I would prefer that Simplifi use Cash" account type instead of "Digital Cash" as I would prefer all my cash accounts together, digital, actual, etc. Right now I have moved all my cash accounts into Digital Cash.

Steve

• Jerrod
    Jerrod Member ✭✭

I had the problem with the apple card balance on Simplifi being higher than in my apple wallet. Once I deleted and re-linked my apple card, the balances were equal. I put a few transactions on my card, and then I noticed that the balance on Simplifi would bounce around between correct and somewhat higher. It looks like this is an issue with reading in the "pending" status. For example, this morning Simplifi showed my balance at $816 but my actual balance was $777. I noticed that a transaction for $39 was pending on Simplifi. The same transaction had cleared according to my apple wallet. Once I switched the transaction from "pending" to "cleared" on Simplifi, my balance was corrected. Hope this helps.

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30

@Bgz It might not work for you, but Apple does now allow joint Apple Card accounts if you want to combine the two accounts. They still don't allow Apple Savings joint accounts, and weirdly, you can share your Apple Cash with a minor but not with an adult!

I don't really understand that. 😀

Steve

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭✭

@SRC54 To clarify, we don’t have joint accounts. We have 2 separate apple credit card accounts.