Apple Wallet Integration: Share your feedback here!

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

@Bgz , I'm inquiring on whether more than 1 set of credentials is allowed for Apple Wallet and will let you know what I find out. I think @SRC54 is referring to a new feature with Apple Card where you can combine your and your wife's accounts. This might be something to consider if Quicken Simplifi only allows one set of credentials!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie

@Bgz , it sounds like your wife's accounts would need to be in the Apple Wallet App on your iPhone since that's where Quicken Simplifi gets the data from. It also sounds like this isn't something that's supported by the Apple Wallet App, so it wouldn't be possible in Quicken Simplifi. However, our product team will investigate how we can accomplish this, if possible!

-Coach Natalie

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭✭

It is the other way around for me. My apple wallet shows pending but simplify shows it’s cleared (without pending wording).

• Dg44
    Dg44 Member
    edited July 31

To add to the above, it sometimes show pending if you click on the transaction but the tag is missing. I’m also seeing some things showing pending that have cleared. However more importantly, pending charges that are cancelled still show up even when they’re not longer in the Apple Card (what Natalie reported).

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31

I think on all (or most?) accounts where pending transactions download (not just apple) once they're downloaded, they're downloaded - cancelled charges never go out of pending, but you'd need to manually delete it from cleared.

Anyone want to correct me, feel free, i might be wrong. I do much manual maintenance of my accounts in QS, usually I enter transactions manually before they download- and i routinely delete transactions or manually clear them if necessary.

Rob Wilkens

• nakada
    nakada Member ✭✭

Hi @RobWilk! I really believe that his kind of financial management software should do all this work for you, matching transactions you created manually to the ones posted in your accounts, or updating from pending to cleared the transactions according to your accounts. I think that it is one of the main features to use such a tool.

I do not see a reason for keeping up with all this manual work when you connect your account to Quicken Simplifi, as it should bring you all the info your Bank makes available, transaction by transaction, status by status.

But of course, I also respect your way of doing things, since sometimes every different person has its own way to manage and organize its finances. There is no right or wrong, just what is best for each one of us.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

If all this software was was a ciopy of what i could get from bank's website, it would be worthless to me.

Rob Wilkens

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

My pending transactions move to cleared automatically for all my accounts. My Apple Card was an early link and lost connection. I deleted and when I linked, I noticed the process had changed. A link appears for both cash and card but deleting is best because mine loaded back to 2019. I put my daily cash in into the Apple Cash account which gives me cash back transactions. Apple Cash is a debit card which I only use to hold Daily Cash.

• It worked perfectly for me! I'm thrilled to have this integration added.

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2

I really like the digital cash/Apple cash account the tracks your rewards or % cash back you receive. I plan to start using Apple card much more because the percent back is as good as my current cards and I like the extra account for Daily Cash Apple provides. My other cards only pay monthly and that is not an issue but they don't allow Simplifi to receive a rewards account to track the monthly rewards. Walmart does not accept Apple Pay and you can't pay with you Apple watch but you can put Apple Card in Walmart Wallet and use the card. I plan to use 5% amazon card, a 3% Gas Card for gas only, and Apple Card for most every thing else now the we have Apple Wallet integration.

• lwyman
    lwyman Member ✭✭

First, it's great to have access to Apple Card transactions.

The balances for both card and cash are reported correctly on the Accounts page, but when you look at a Net Worth report in Reports, the total is correct (and agrees with the Accounts page), but when you expand the account list below the net worth, it doesn't show the Apple Cash account (even though it's included in the Net Worth total).

• Coach Natalie

@lwyman, thanks for letting us know!

It looks like the issue pertains to the 'Digital Cash' account type, as I was able to reproduce it when testing with a manual account. Since Apple Cash users have to use the 'Digital Cash' account type, at least for now, I went ahead and merged your post with this Apple Wallet feedback thread. I escalated the issue and will let everyone know when we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-22279

• Coach Marcus
    Coach Marcus Moderator admin

We're observing issues with the Pending status on transactions. They are not getting cleared which then throws off the Balance with Pending amounts. Jerrod, I'm guessing this is the issue you're running into. We're working on a 2 part fix.

1. The first part is to clear existing pending transactions. This is a fix that will be made in the Simplifi cloud. We hope to get this out this week.
    2. The second part will require us to release a new mobile app. Unfortunately, we missed the 5.10 release that is going out today so it will be in the next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience. For us, this is an entirely different type of account because the updates are coming from the mobile app and not from the Simplifi cloud which is unexpected. We're working to figure out the issues and to fix them as quickly as we can.

• Coach Natalie

A fix for the 'Digital Cash' account types missing from the Net Worth Report is expected with the 4.20.0 Web Release!

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Marcus Will the 2 part fix correct the balance or will we need to delete the accounts and add Apple Wallet back. Not a big deal for me because it load all my transactions back to 2019. If users have made changes to the transactions, can they make the account manual, add Apple Wallet, and link to manual account? Thanks for allowing early access

• Coach Natalie

@N4KHQ, I believe everything they're working on is so users DON'T have to delete and re-add their accounts and lose all of their data. I believe Apple Wallet users will eventually also have the ability to make the accounts manual and re-link them. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

Unless you have modified information on the the transaction you won't loose anything to delete and reload because the 90 day rule does not seem to apply to Apple Wallet

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

Just and observation: Wells Fargo visa card sends a notification and shows up on their page when charge is made but Simplifi takes about two days to get notified. Apple Card shows up almost immediately on purchase in Simplifi. I am guessing it is because of the way Apple is interfacing with Simplifi.

• imdZigman
    imdZigman Member

apologies if this is discussed earlier in the thread, but I just noticed that all of my Apple Card transactions are now not appearing, except for those I had manually imported prior to the Apple Card integration. I’m not sure when they disappeared, as they were originally appearing earlier in the integration.

• Coach Natalie

@imdZigman, I sent this over to our product team and will let you know if we need any further info from you. I know some fixes went out with 4.11.0 yesterday so maybe that's what you're seeing. Do you see the option to make your Apple Card account manual under Settings yet, by chance? Or the option to reset the connection for the bank?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie

@imdZigman, have you updated to 5.11.0 on the Mobile App? They said you need to update the app and then sync with Apple Wallet. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• imdZigman
    imdZigman Member

Thanks @Coach Natalie! It seems to be working now, and my latest transactions are appearing.

With regard to your other questions, neither the browser version nor the mobile app - even the latest updated one - appear to offer the option to make your account manual or to reset the connection. “Delete account” is the only option provided.

• Coach Natalie

@imdZigman, glad to hear it's working now! Thanks for looking for me; hopefully we see those options added for Apple Wallet accounts soon! It's hard to troubleshoot without them. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15

I'm on 5.10 and if I go to the app store there is no update showing only, option is open 5.10. Early Access is on how do I get 5.11

• Coach Natalie

Hey everyone, here's an update from our product team regarding the pending transactions issue, which should be fixed with 5.11.0:

The internal reports from employees who have received the database update is that the fix is working. However, the database update is taking a really long time and probably won’t be done for everyone until the end of today, so we can let everyone know that they may not be fixed until tomorrow. This database fix is deleting the pending transactions and then when they sync with Apple Wallet they will get the updated transactions back with the correct Pending/or Cleared status. The user should NOT delete the Pending transaction themselves but let us do it with the database fix.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie

@N4KHQ, I'm not sure why you don't see 5.11 in the App Store; it was pushed to production yesterday evening. You may want to inquire further with the App Store to see if they have any additional insight. I'm honestly not sure what else to suggest other than maybe give it a little more time.

-Coach Natalie

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

My Pending transactions cleared and the balance is correct for apple card but the Simplifi iOS app says 5.10 and the app store does not show an update available.

• JWV
    JWV Member ✭✭

First, it's great to have an automated way to get Apple Card transactions. It took too long but I'm not looking back. Thank you.

Now, let’s keep improving. One simple improvement would be to allow the user to rename that account. Why? Since Simplifi doesn't make it simple to order accounts (other than alphabetical) can you please allow us to change the name from "Apple Card" to something we choose. That’s possible with other accounts, so it should be with Apple Card.

• Bgz
    Bgz Member ✭✭✭

Do we have an update for this? I have been able to use 2 different Apple Card accounts from 2 separate phones. Would be good to have the ability to update both accounts from the same phone and rename them as well.

• Coach Natalie

@Bgz , I replied to you here:

It doesn't sound like you'll be able to have both accounts in Quicken Simplifi on your phone unless both accounts are in Apple Wallet on that same phone.

-Coach Natalie