Fidelity CMA Transactions Can't be Unexcluded from Reports and Spending Plan

danielkeisling
danielkeisling Member ✭✭
edited August 28 in Troubleshooting

I am using the workaround Fidelity connection (akoya). Transactions are coming in excluded from reports and spending plan. When I edit the transaction and uncheck to exclude from spending plan and reports and hit Update, the exclusions come right back. I've tried this on both web and android app.

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @danielkeisling,

Thanks for reaching out! Can you provide screenshots showing the issue in Quicken Simplifi to better help understand your situation? Additionally, may we know what kind/type of transactions are coming in excluded automatically?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

I figured it out. The akoya connection is incorrectly downloading normal transactions as securities (type Buy, etc.). I have to change it to Purchase in order to be able to uncheck the exclusions.

• Coach Jon

Hello @danielkeisling,

Thanks for letting us know, and I am glad you were able to figure it out and get it corrected! Is the account still currently downloading these transactions incorrectly at this time?

-Coach Jon

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

Not sure, because now it's not working at all. I get Care code 947, wanting me to Re-Authenticate. Obviously I tried that but the error still persists. I guess add me to the whole slew of people who are fed up with Simplifi not being able to handle Fidelity.

• Coach Jon

Hello @danielkeisling,

Thank you for the reply. Can you provide a screenshot showing the error you are receiving in Quicken Simplifi? This will help us determine what is going on here.

-Coach Jon

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

Here you go.

• Coach Jon

Hello @danielkeisling,

Thanks for the screenshot! I would suggest trying from a different browser or incognito mode, as security extensions and things of that nature enabled in your primary browser can prevent the authorization process from completing.

If that does not work, then your token may have expired. This can happen after having the account connected for more than 90 days.

• To gain a new token, you will have to revoke Quicken from accessing your bank's website then reconnect your accounts:
      1. Navigate to the bank's website, sign in, and then remove Quicken's access from the bank's third-party linked apps.
      2. Navigate back to Quicken Simplifi and reset the connection for the bank.
      3. Link the accounts found to the existing Quicken Simplifi accounts. Make sure that you are the owner of the account and the account is not shared.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

Tried from different browser on a different computer, same error.

• Coach Jon

Hello @danielkeisling,

Thanks for letting us know. Did you try the directions I posted above to get a new token?

-Coach Jon

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

I got a new token and it looks like the connection is established again. To circle back to the original issue - I do not have any new transactions since I reported the error but I should tomorrow or Sunday. I will post back with the results.

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

The issue is still occurring. Direct deposit credits and bill pay credits appear fine. However, direct debits are coming across as securities. I also see this occur with normal credit card charges.

There's two other bugs in the web UI. One is that the Payee fields are blank in the transactions screen, but is visible in the transaction details. The second is that you cannot change the Type to Payment/Deposit. I have to do this in the mobile app to fix these transactions.

From Web UI:

From mobile app:

• Coach Jon
    edited September 5

Hello @danielkeisling,

Thanks for the information. I am not sure I understand what you mean by "direct debits are coming across as securities". Can you provide a screenshot showing this issue for better clarification?

As for the original issue, please remember that Investment transactions will always automatically be excluded from reports and the spending plan by default. "Cash Flow" type transactions can be set to be included in reports and the spending plan, however. Here is a great support article explaining how this works: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8241194-how-investment-transactions-are-handled-in-reports-and-the-spending-plan

Additionally, to better help us understand, can you let us know if this account has actual investment transactions, or does it just bring in cash flow transactions?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

I provided the screenshot in my previous post. The two transactions above are Venmo and PayPal purchases that come directly out of my Fidelity Cash Management Account (checking). They are being categorized as type "Add Shares" and as a security. You have to drop down the Type (only in mobile) and choose "Payment/Deposit" so that you can then unhide it from spending plan and reports.

Technically this account (set as type Checking in Simplifi) does have investments because it has a core securities position of SPAXX. For every debit and credit transaction there is also a corresponding debit/credit transaction for SPAXX shares. Actually quite annoying, and you will find other discussions on this topic that frustrates people having to see these. But it does categorize those as transactions as a security "Buy" type.

• Coach Jon

Hello @danielkeisling,

Thanks for the reply. I admit that I am confused. I can see that your Fidelity CMA account is listed as a Checking account on our side, so it should not be able to download investment transactions/securities into it. Can you please share a screenshot showing these investment transactions inside the Checking account? Additionally, can you share a screenshot showing the account under Settings > Accounts? This would be helpful!

As for the issue involving not being able to change the type of transaction on the web application, I wonder if this issue may be browser-based if it works in the mobile application. Have you tried in another browser/incognito mode?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

Here the screenshot showing you cannot change this type from a browser for an investment transaction. This was done on another computer so not a browser issue.

As I stated in my previous post, this already a known issue. See

The problem with this discussion is that it is incorrectly categorizing normal transactions as an investment transaction.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

If the Fidelity CMA account is a Checking account type, the investment transaction type field is not available. Can you change the account to be Investments>Brokerage and then try to change the type of transaction after doing such change?

More info:

What Account Types Are Supported in Quicken Simplifi? | Quicken Simplifi Help Center (simplifimoney.com)

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Jon

Hello @danielkeisling,

After reviewing your screenshot, I do not see how that transaction is classified as an investment transaction, as you stated. Based on the screenshot you shared, that transaction shows as a normal cash/checking transaction. Can you clarify how Quicken Simplifi is classifying "normal transactions as an investment transaction."?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

As previously stated, you can change the type on mobile but not web.

I would not want to change this to Investment-Brokerage because this is a true checking account.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Also, if you want to keep Fidelity CMA as a checking account, can you go to the account and uncheck the option to hide transactions from spending plan and reports?

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Minter 2014-2023

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

I can see how that screenshot doesn't show it's an investment transaction. Here's the same transaction from mobile:

• Coach Jon
    edited September 6

@danielkeisling,

Thanks, this makes more sense now. I think the issue is actually that the mobile application itself is listing the transactions from this checking account as investment transactions. I would try uninstalling/reinstalling the mobile application to see if that resolves the issue.

-Coach Jon

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

No, that's not the issue. The issue is it's categorizing normal transactions as an investment transaction. This is on both web and mobile. See the Venmo and PayPal transactions above as proof. The SPAXX transaction is all good and well.

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

Another person is reporting the same thing on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/simplifimoney/s/M13Rdd4tPC

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Jon

Hello @danielkeisling,

We will still need reported proof here to continue troubleshooting. So far, I do not see a screenshot showing a cash/checking transaction categorized as an investment transaction for the web application. If you can provide that, this would be helpful in determining a solution and what to do next.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

@Coach Jon - Is the screenshot above not enough proof? I can see what @danielkeisling means.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Jon

Hello @UrsulaA,

This screenshot appears to be from the mobile application. We will need one showing the same behavior in the web application.

-Coach Jon

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

The second screenshot, about 12 posts in, is from the Web UI showing the two transactions.

• danielkeisling
    danielkeisling Member ✭✭

Web ui