Add ability to have multiple levels of Subcategories [edited] (1 Merged Vote)

Andrew
Andrew Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Feature Requests

After using Quicken for years, I've created multiple levels of sub categories. Simplifi only allows two levels - the main level, and then one sub-category level. Please provide the ability for unlimited sub-levels, or at least 4 or 5 total sub-levels..

20 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• bowgy4
    bowgy4 Member ✭✭✭✭

Upvoted, though some might argue that it doesn't fit with the idea of "Simplifi" since that's rather complex. You could create pseudo sub-categories by the way you name them, such as Home Insurance - Vacation Home, or something along those lines. That way the detail is there, just probably not the rollup reporting you're looking for.

• prat0088
    prat0088 Member ✭✭✭

I also need this. If I can’t have multiple levels it’s just the same as YNAB or GoodBudget to me.

I want breakdowns and reporting.

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@prat0088 We appreciate the feedback! Keep it coming!

• evanehrenberg
    evanehrenberg Member
    edited September 2020

Being limited to just one subcategory layer is restricting to analyzing and properly grouping/tagging my transactions. Making this unlimited or at least letting us nest down a few subcategories would be a huge help for understanding my finances.

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think 2 levels of sub accounts would be a good compromise.  Not two complicated.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• Yes, 2 levels of subcategories would be very helpful.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a yes vote, mostly because so many thing fall under the category of, for example, shopping, where the shopping category may be more refine-able—- for example, electronics may include software, tools/add-ons/accessories, earbuds/headphones, computer hardware/tablets/phones, or even electronics service/support ("extended warranty" type things for example). "clothing" may be more refine-able to coats, shorts, pants/jeans, t-shirt, sweaters, shoes/sneakers, etc— and yes, it might be useful to get a report to see how much i spend specifically on shoes/sneakers every year as an example.

Rob Wilkens

• macalmon
    macalmon Member

It would be great to have more category levels.