Starting to get frustrated. Are there solutions I am not aware of?

subiemat
subiemat Member
edited October 7 in Feedback

I am considering canceling Simplifi. Before I do, I would like to see if there are solutions I am not aware of.

1. I have a few accounts that need a new code texted to me every time I log into Simplifi. Even an hour later, I need to either x out or put the code in. It is very annoying to be prompted immediately. Note my issue is that it the prompting is so disruptive.

2. Does the app not update in the background? When I need to verify something, my process looks like this:

• 1. log in
  • 2. enter all of the codes or x out each box
  • 3. do something else for 15 minutes
  • 4. finally do what I went into the app to do in the first place... if I remember.

3. What is the point of the tags and flags? I need to understand this better. I have business transactions that I created a category for "work" because it's far easier to remove the spending from personal tracking information. Tagging it as work or reimbursable doesn't accomplish that task, which is why I don't understand its purpose.

Thanks!

Comments

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hi @subiemat On the WebApp if you want to refresh, you can use Command R in Safari at least. On the app, in iOS, you pull down with your finger. As for flags, they are just there if you want to revisit something, I think. I don't use them. As for tags, they allow you to search for Transactions across categories that are for a particular purpose, e.g., work. They are still included in the Spending Plan and Reports unless you exclude the transaction from either or both.

Hope this helps some.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi (Safari & iOS) Since 2021
    Quicken Classic (MacOS) Since 2009
    Microsoft Money (Windows) 1991-2009
    Dollars & Cents (DOS) 1987-1991

• subiemat
    subiemat Member

Sorry, I think you misunderstood. If I don't log in for a week, nothing updates for a week. Therefore the alerts are useless as they show up after I've already checked everything.

Mint used to update multiple times a day without me logging in.

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5

@subiemat No, I didn't understand that. I log in 2-4x a day. Just log in and let it update. Going a week is a long time. Even so, I find that it will update sometimes. Or use the phone app and log in daily. Good luck.

Steve

• subiemat
    subiemat Member

Problem there is the 2FA pop ups. I have 5 accounts that prompt me to have to put in a code every single time I log in. So I get 5 texts everytime I log in.... In your case 2-4x per day...

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭

@subiemat Wow, that is sad. So sorry; it has not been my experience at all. I have a lot of manual accounts but my connected accounts work well. Have you tried using Support and tell them which accounts are problematic?

Steve

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭

Its an issue they are working on, but its on a bank by bank basis. So it depends how popular the banks in question are for how long it will be for a resolution.

Luckily I only have one that requires MFA every login, and its my HSA which isnt an account I need to be updated daily. So this is more of a minor annoyance. But yes if it were any of my main banks/cards it would have me looking for a better service as well.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you tried disabling MFA at the banks you are connected to in Simplifi?

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • subiemat
    subiemat Member

@DannyB no. I'm not going to put my accounts at risk in favor of an app I'm paying money to use.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7

Indeed, and I wouldn't recommend it. But I meant for testing purposes, have you tried disabling MFA at least at one of your banks temporarily to see what happens with the connection in QS.

I had one institution worked fine for months after first using QS. Then this one institution started asking for MFA when I opened QS. This went on for a month or so then stopped asking. I didn't make any changes one way or another either in QS or at the institution's site. Right now, all my connected institutions download with not problems or having to deal with MFA even though I have MFA turned on for all institutions connected to QS. Having to enter multiple MFA codes every time I opened QS would not work for me.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer