Missing MySynchrony Login for Credit Cards (edited)

jtjones0304
jtjones0304 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have a few credit cards through My Synchrony (www.mysynchrony.com). I see Syncrhony Credit Cards but it is not the same intitution as mysynchrony

Tagged:
19 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Nicole
    Coach Nicole Administrator, Moderator admin

Thank you so much for reporting this! We've added MySynchrony.com to our Requested Financial Institution Connection list. If we're able to get them added, we'll update this thread! Thanks!

• ddjobein
    ddjobein Member
    edited December 2021

We have two different Synchrony accounts.

Ashley Furniture Homestores, https://www.mysynchrony.com/cmp-index.html?market=homefurnishings&store=ashleyhomestore
    Care Credit and Synchrony Home, https://www.mysynchrony.com/home/cardholder_index.html

Both are accessed from a common site, https://www.mysynchrony.com.

• Coach Paco
    Coach Paco Moderator admin

@ddjobein I got those requested!

• JWL
    JWL Member
    Since it's been around 18 months, can we assume that My Synchrony isn't on the list to be added?
  • Kira
    Kira Member
    Looking to add mysynchrony as well - not currently populating when I search.  Hoping more comments will speed up simplifi adding it to their database
  • zyxvu
    zyxvu Member
    I believe all of those branded cards are under the "Synchrony Home" credit card umbrella. For example I have one branded by Mohawk, but it can be used at many home services/home goods stores. All are accessed from https://consumercenter.mysynchrony.com/consumercenter/login/. It is a bit disappointing this has been requested for 2 years now. It works fine in Mint and other providers.

• Bump…

There are already several Synchrony accounts that can be added.

Mine is a Synchrony Home card.

Any update on adding more Synchrony accounts?

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to chime in, my Amazon Prime Store Synchrony Card is supported, as was my PayPal Mastercard (issued by synchrony) when I had that card.

Rob Wilkens

• @AutoJunkie — That worked for me… Thanks!

• How do you connect to it? I have no success. https://amazon.syf.com/accounts/login/?

• WolfieGirl
    WolfieGirl Member ✭✭

Does anyone know why mysynchrony logins are no longer an option? When I search there are no results?

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

It's possible you were one of the "few" accounts set up on fincity, giving you different options (*for now). Ask a coach, they may be able to help.

Rob Wilkens

• WolfieGirl
    WolfieGirl Member ✭✭

@RobWilk I just set up my account today (brand new user)… would that fincity path still be applicable? Oh and how do I go about asking a coach? I didn't want to tag them in everything if they read these posts. Or is that the preferred way of contacting them here?

And Rob, thanks again, appreciate the replies :)

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

You could also use chat support to reach them, during business hours..

Rob Wilkens

• WolfieGirl
    WolfieGirl Member ✭✭

Yep, I know. But their hours are also my working hours. And I thought posting here was their alternative to after hours help, in case any Quicken folks happen to be on, or the more likely option, other users have had the same experience. Hence me posting here :)

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hey everyone, can anyone who's looking for this provide some insight, please? First, I see a separate request here for Synchrony Bank Accounts, but users are listing credit cards that are offered through Synchrony — does Synchrony offer bank accounts, such as checking and savings, or should these two requests be combined?

I'm also thinking that since a lot of Synchrony branded cards are already supported in Quicken Simplifi, separate requests should be made for each individual card that's missing, such as what's been requested here, here, and here. Lumping the missing cards under one general Missing Financial Institution post may not give each one the attention it deserves.

(@WolfieGirl, unless you're requesting a specific Synchrony branded card that's not currently supported in Quicken Simplifi, I'd suggest creating a separate post to outline the issue you're experiencing so it doesn't get missed.)

Any insight would be appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    edited November 2023

Hey everyone, can anyone who's looking for this provide some insight, please? First, I see a separate request here for Synchrony Credit Cards, but users are also listing cards here that are offered through Synchrony — does Synchrony offer bank accounts, such as checking and savings, or should these two requests be combined?

I'm also thinking that since a lot of Synchrony branded cards are already supported in Quicken Simplifi, separate requests should be made for each individual card that's missing, such as what's been requested herehere, and here. Lumping the missing cards under one general Missing Financial Institution post may not give each one the attention it deserves.

Any insight would be appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• WolfieGirl
    WolfieGirl Member ✭✭

@Coach Natalie My question about was in reference to the screenshots above. It shows a bunch of mysynchrony accounts in the dropdown. When I type in mysynchrony, none are found.

Was trying to figure out how to best add accounts from Synchrony. They launched a global/general login and dashboard awhile back where you now log in and you see all accounts you have with them under one roof. I still have individual logins for each card where I logged in with different sub-domains (e.g. google.syf.com) and those each had their own dashboard view. BUT I did some testing last night and while I still can log in under each card using separate credentials via different sub-domains, they all redirect to the same global dashboard here: https://www.synchrony.com/accounts/

I believe that means that if I add any of the individual accounts, it will pull in all 4 of mine, though I'll need to rename the account to just be Synchrony.

But I was wondering, is it was possible to just log into the the global account instead of one of the individual cards when adding an account in Simplify? If so, which account do I use?

• dg009
    dg009 Member
    edited November 2023

I am also a Synchrony user and have multiple accounts in a dashboard such as the one @WolfieGirl posted above. Neither account is available via existing login options (Living Spaces, The Dump).

I am coming to Simplifi from Mint and was able to log in to the "universal" Synchrony credit account there.

To answer your other question, there does appear to be a separate arm of the company that offers banking. I do not use that, so I can't speak to whether that also shows with the same universal login as the credit accounts.

• GollyJer
    GollyJer Member
    edited November 2023

@Coach Natalie
    Synchrony has three login paths. You can view them by going to synchrony.com and clicking the LOG IN button (screenshot provided).

1. Their own banking services "Synchrony Bank" (synchronybank.com).
    2. Their own credit card "The Synchrony Mastercard" (mastercard.syf.com).
    3. The servicing of hundreds of other company's credit cards (mysynchrony.com).

It's #3 that is missing from Simplifi (I'm trying to come over from mint.com).
    #3 has a single login that pulls in any credit card accounts you have that are serviced by Synchrony; per @WolfieGirl's screenshot above. (I have Verizon and Amazon Prime credit cards serviced by them).

In Mint.com (and Empower, another competitor), you log in with your mysynchrony.com login and all credit accounts show up as separate entities with separate transaction tracking.

Hopefully this info helps. It's a bit confusing because, roughly a year or so ago you had to log into each of your synchrony credit card accounts completely separately. Now the "global" login is how they do it.

• GollyJer
    GollyJer Member

@Coach Natalie
    Synchrony has three login paths. Find this by going to synchrony and clicking the LOG IN button (screenshot provided).

1. Their own banking services "Synchrony Bank" (synchronybank).
    2. Their own credit card "The Synchrony Mastercard" (mastercardsyf).
    3. The servicing of hundreds of other company's credit cards (mysynchrony).

It's #3 that is missing from Simplifi (I'm trying to come over from mint.com).
    #3 has a single login that pulls in any credit card accounts you might have that is serviced by Synchrony; per @WolfieGirl's screenshot above.

In Mint.com (and Empower, another competitor), you log in with your mysynchrony login and all credit accounts show up as separate entities with separate transaction tracking.

Hopefully this info helps. It's a bit confusing because, roughly a year or so ago you had to log into each of your synchrony credit card accounts completely separately. Now the "global" login is how they do it.

Best,
    Jeremy

• Coach Natalie

Ahh I see — thanks so much for the clarification! So this request is for the integrated login, which is "MySynchrony", correct? If so, I think this request and the other request are the same, so I'm going to merge them!

With that, if anyone would like to request a specific Synchrony store-branded card that's not available in Quicken Simplifi as opposed to the integrated "MySynchrony" login, please create a separate request for that specific card.

Thanks, everyone!

-Coach Natalie

• WolfieGirl
    WolfieGirl Member ✭✭

@Coach Natalie So I confirmed that Synchrony now has all of their specific Synchrony store-branded cards redirecting to use the integrated login/dashboard. I went ahead and added one of mine, Google Store, and it recognizes all of the cards I have with Synchrony, all the ones listed at their integrated dashboard.

So yes, logging in with the integrated login would be cleaner (I have to go and rename this account because it pulled in the name for the login I used), but even without it, we can add all synchrony accounts just by logging into any of the specific store-branded logins.

• Poldarn
    Poldarn Member

I just wanted to +1 on top of this. I also would prefer the unified mysynchrony login experience. It would also make your developers lives a lot easier if they just had to manage one integration vs potentially hundreds. For context I'm also coming over from Mint. Thanks for your responsiveness and engagement in this thread @Coach Natalie!

• This is the case for me with my amazon store card. I only have access to the amazon store card through the integrated mysynchrony login experience. I'm currently not able to add this to my account listing with the current options.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the Amazon Store Card working here (though I understand some users may have different financial institution options in Simplifi). I have to select the "Amazon store card" in Simplifi for the synchrony card instead of the "Amazon Rewards Card," which may be the Chase card.

Rob Wilkens

• I was able to resolve the issue. I was using my username and password for the mysynchrony website to attempt to link the account in Simplifi. My username/password is different for https://amazon.syf.com/accounts/login/?token , which is what Simplifi utilizes to link accounts. I agree with others that adding the mysynchrony path to link accounts would be the most user friendly option.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.