Ability to Exclude Transactions/Accounts From Watchlists separate from Reports (edited)

TGP
TGP Member ✭✭✭✭
edited February 1 in Feature Requests

How can I Exclude certain accounts from a Watchlist?

12 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Nicole
    Coach Nicole Administrator, Moderator admin

Hi there -- This is a great question! Currently, there isn't a way to exclude specific accounts from a watchlist. However, I think that would be a great function to have added. I'm going to turn this post into an Idea thread, that way other users can vote to increase demand for this functionality.

• TGP
    TGP Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, it is very important for me and I am sure for many others to be able to do so, where is the link so I can vote for it as well?
  • Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭

@TGP As you'll notice, there's now a "Vote" option at the start of your topic, so others can lend their support as well. Thanks for the suggestion!

• timmyc123
    timmyc123 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

Today, if a transaction is marked "Ignore from Reports", it will not show up in a watch list calculation. Please provide a per-watchlist configuration option that allows for ignoring of the transaction's ignore status. It is often helpful to ignore the transactions from the overall picture, but get granular and see them in a hand crafted watch list.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hello @timmyc123,

Thanks for posting this to the Community!

I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post so that other Users can vote on it. Please be sure to add your vote as well! :smile:

-Coach Natalie

• TGP
    TGP Member ✭✭✭✭
    Any updates on this feature request?
  • Coach Natalie
    edited June 2021
    Hello @TGP,

Thanks for the inquiry!

This one hasn't made its way to the road map as of yet, as far as I'm aware. Please be sure to stay tuned for future updates, though! :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • trackingmoney
    trackingmoney Member
    edited April 2022
    There are some transactions which I don't want to appear on the cool auto-generated reports in the "Reports" tab. However, I may want to keep track of these transactions another way. I thought the "Watchlist" tab would be a great way to do this, but unfortunately it appears as though transactions hidden from reports also do not show up on the watchlist.

My request is to add a "Include Hidden Transactions" toggle to the create/edit watchlist page.
  • Coach Natalie
    edited May 2022
    Hello All,

As a side note for this request, it appears that when ignoring accounts from Reports, they are also automatically ignored from the Watchlists (as outlined 
    here). However, using this option would ignore the account from the Spending Plan as well, but I wanted to mention it in case anyone finds it useful. 

Please let me know if anyone has any questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie