How do you use Simplifi's Dashboard Tiles?

Options
Coach Natalie
Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
edited November 2021 in Using the Dashboard
We'd love to hear from everyone on how they currently use the available Dashboard Tiles in Simplifi! How do you have them arranged? Which ones do you use the most? Tell us how you make the Dashboard work for you!

We'd also love to know what Dashboard Tiles you'd like to see added to Simplifi to help simplify your financial life! Also, if you had the option to hide or remove tiles, which ones would you like to not see?

Please leave us your answers and feedback below! :smiley:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Flopbot,

Yay, thanks for posting and for your feedback!

As of right now, you can move the Dashboard Tiles around on the Web App by simply dragging and dropping. :smiley:

-Coach Natalie
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Hi @Coach Natalie

So, I played around with the Dashboard Tiles this morning and, while nice, they seem like a feature that hasn't fully been realized yet.  I really do like the idea of being able to customize the Dashboard thought!

The Top Spending Categories was originally two tiles wide (blue line).  When I moved the Upcoming tile, it changed the width of the Top Spending tile and now I can't figure out how to get it back to the larger size.  I also can't figure out how to move Upcoming back down (red line) like it was.

Also, now that the Top Spending Categories tile is one tile wide, I can't figure out how to click the "Return funds to available" button.

Unless there's some other mechanism that I'm missing, we need to be able to adjust the width (maybe simply drag one side left/right?). Ideally, I'd make the Top Spending Categories 3 tiles wide and move the Accounts down.  That would be useful when more categories are budgeted that will  fit on the tile.

Is there a way to at least undo what I did?

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Options
    I ran out of time to edit my first post, but here are a couple additional thoughts:
    1. It might be nice if we had the option to turn the Accounts list on the Dashboard into an actual Tile that can be moved around to meet our needs.  I'm sure lots of people would like it to remain pinned were it is, but I'd rather make room for my Top Spending Categories to become 3 tiles wide.
    2. Alternatively, maybe you could allow us to pin other Dashboard Tiles to the side (like existing) or maybe even the top (not existing) instead of the Accounts list. For me, Top Spending Categories is more critical to keep a close eye on than how much is in each individual account at any give point in time.  That's what I use projected balance for.
    Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FYI for anyone following along, I did find a way to reset the Dashboard at least.

All the rest of my suggestions still hold.

Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One improvement for the default "Spending Plan" tile would be moving the Available $ over which would make room for two more planned spending boxes (a third row).  Note that I have more boxes so I'd have to scroll over to see them.

Due to it's current location, there is an awful lot of wasted space.

Another nice thing for people with lots of Planned Spending boxes, would be to offer the option of either scrolling over (like it is right now) or displaying all boxes on the tile at once (i.e. if you have 12 tiles, they'd all appear in 3 columns with 4 boxes each.

Note, my numbers are all whack since I'm just testing Simplifi.
    Chris
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Coach Natalie
    Options
    Hello All,

Thanks so much for all of the great input and feedback here!

I did want to share an existing Idea post requesting the ability to customize the Web App Dashboard that would be great to have everyone's vote on! :smiley:

https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/212/customize-dashboard#latest

-Coach Natalie
This discussion has been closed.