Allow for Child Support Category to be edited as Income and not default as Expense

Options
ChristinaSeattle
edited September 2021 in Feature Requests
Simpifi Team,
An issue came up today when I was trying to figure out why my Spending Plan would not display my Child Support as income.  Under Simplifi's menu of Categories and Tags, I had categorized the income I receive as Child Support under Kids - Child Support.  Unfortunately, Simplifi automatically codes this as an Expense.  Therefore when I tried to see the Income (and also tried to manually add this income), it would never show up.

It's nice to see you have a suite of options under Kids, however Child Support is a category that users like us could either need to see displayed as Expense OR Income, not just Expense.

The only solution to this was a loooooong chat with one of your techs (who didn't have the same build - his words - on his screen, so he didn't know what I was saying at first, PS. Why do your techs not see the same platform we users do? This is also problematic) was for me, the user, to create a Custom Category called Personal Child Support.  

This is redundancy and has cost me over an hour and a half of my day.  Please engineer a solution to this problem.  It seems an easy fix and would have spared me a lot of hassle.  
2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options
    Hello @ChristinaSeattle,

Thank you for taking the time to post your suggestion to the Community!

I have gone ahead and turned this into an Idea post so that other Users can vote on it; please be sure to add your vote as well!

-Coach Natalie