Please add Desert Financial Credit Union for online access.

EddieTrina
EddieTrina Member ✭✭

Hi,

Is it possible to add Desert Financial Credit Union in Arizona to

Tagged:
14 votes

In Review · Last Updated

We are working to establish this connection in Simplifi, however, we cannot guarantee that we'll be able to support a requested bank.

Comments

• EddieTrina
    EddieTrina Member ✭✭

Hi,

The discussion title says it all. Is this possible? Here is their website:

https://www.desertfinancial.com/personal

Thank you,
    Eddie

• Coach Nicole
    Coach Nicole Administrator, Moderator admin

Thank you for reaching out. While I cannot guarantee we'll be able to support this financial institution, I am happy to confirm that I've requested to add Desert Financial Credit Union. Any updates will be posted to this thread. Thank you!

• EddieTrina
    EddieTrina Member ✭✭

Hi,

Please provide an update for this request.

Thank you,
    Eddie

• Coach Nicole

Hi Eddie -- Sadly, our team is still working with our provider to get the requested bank added, but we don't have an ETA to provide. I'll reach out immediately once I have new info. Thank you so much for following up and I appreciate your patience.

• EddieTrina
    EddieTrina Member ✭✭

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for the update. I definitely understand such requests may take some time.

Take care,
    Eddie

• EddieTrina
    EddieTrina Member ✭✭

Hi Nicole,

Can you provide an update on this request to add online access for Desert Financial Credit Union?

Thank you,
    Eddie

• Coach Nicole

Hi @EddieTrina,

The request is still in progress with no ETA. Thanks for checking! -- Coach Nicole

• nikki
    nikki Member
    Unfortunately I will have to cancel my subscription if this institution is not added. Any ETA before my trial runs out ?
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @nikki,

Thanks for the inquiry, although I'm sorry that there's still no ETA to provide on this one as of yet. 

Please be sure to follow our Updates from the Product Team category for any updates on new banks that get added to Simplifi! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • JoelW
    JoelW Member
    Any updates? 
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @JoelW,

Thanks for reaching, although I apologize that there is no update to provide on this request as of yet.

As soon as we receive an update, this thread will be updated accordingly, so please be sure to continue keeping an eye out! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Hi,

Is there any update on the request to add Desert Financial? Can you communicate with the Credit Union again if there's been no movement on the initial ask?

https://www.desertfinancial.com/personal

QIF doesn't work as an import method and the CSV method is anything but convenient.

Thank you for looking into this,
    Dan
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @dans,

Thanks for reaching out!

Sadly, there is no update on this request as of yet, but we will be sure to update this post accordingly as soon as we hear anything.

You may also consider adding your vote here: https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/1091/add-qfx-import#latest

Please let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Hi Coach Natalie,

Thank you for looking into this. Are there users that already have access to Desert Financial (previously named Desert Schools Federal Credit Union? I was searching the forums and came across your post on Credit Unions returning a 102 error.

[RESOLVED] 12/9/21: Multiple Credit Unions returning a 102 error
    Coach Natalie
    December 9 edited December 14

We are seeing a rise in 102 errors being reported when attempting to add or update accounts with multiple Credit Unions in Simplifi. The list of Credit Unions includes, but is not limited to:
    [...]
    Desert Financial Credit Union
    [...]

If there is a way to manually add us with the same configuration as current users, it would make tracking on Simplifi so much easier.

I'll go vote on the QFX import right now.

Thanks!
    Dan
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @dans,

Thanks for the additional inquiry!

I apologize for any confusion caused by the referenced Alert -- the issue with multiple Credit Union's was also impacting Quicken, and the Alert contained an all-inclusive list. It looks like Desert Financial Credit Union is supported in Quicken, but is not currently supported in Simplifi. 

This bank has been requested for Simplifi, however, so I would definitely suggest continuing to follow along here for updates.

I hope this helps! :blush:

-Coach Natalie
  • Hi,

Its been about a year with no activity on this matter. I was wondering if there was any updates about adding Desert Financial Credit Union, as its one of my main banks. I really like Simplifi and would like to subscribe to keep using it but importing my transactions manually every week is a chore. 

Thanks

• Coach Natalie
    Thanks for reaching out, @BHessel!

Unfortunately, there's no further update to provide on this request as of yet. I can confirm that Desert Financial Credit Union has been officially requested, however, there's currently no ETA to provide as to if or when we may see the connection become available in Simplifi.

Please be sure to continue following along here for future updates. :smile:

Coach Natalie
  • Nick K
    Nick K Member

Hello, is there any update on this request?

• Coach Blake
    Coach Blake Administrator, Moderator admin

@Nick K Hi there! I appreciate you taking the time to check in with us on this request. At this time, we do not have any updates.

Thank you,
    Coach Blake

• Nick K
    Nick K Member

Hi Blake, it's been 3 years since this request was opened. Is it safe to say it's not going to happen?

• Wow, just wow. Can't believe this. Makes zero sense that a financial institution is in Quicken but not Simplifi.

• It is hard to believe. It is the largest CU in AZ I do believe.

• kdesq
    kdesq Member
    edited December 2023

I actually asked a dfcu rep yesterday about simplifi vs regular quicken. She said it is up to the third party, but if I recall she also said they aren't set up for it, which makes zero sense because quicken downloads just fine.

I had to have them activate my quicken access because I had a previous quicken profile with them from an earlier membership. So, does simplify have a different download mechanism? Why won't it work just like quicken?

• Can you please add Desert Financial Credit Union! I recently had to switch to Quicken simplifi since Mint was closed and Mint had my bank (Desert Financial) for many years.

• Cluesang
    Cluesang Member

Oof, I wish i would’ve found this thread before switching from mint to simplifi. I guess, I’ll have to cancel.

• Cluesang
    Cluesang Member
    edited January 2

yep, just signed up for [removed]. DFCU is supported on that app.

• I just joined today online for Simplifi and oh surprise, DFCU (maybe the largest bank in AZ) is not there! but reading the threads, what blows my mind is that it is supported in Quicken but not Simplifi. Is one not the extended version of the other?

• Just joined Simplifi after Mint closed up shop. I assumed I'd be able to link to the same financial institutions that I had in Mint — wrong. Three years in the queue, largest CU in Arizona, already linked in Quicken, so what motivation is missing to get DFCU linked in Simplifi?

Apparently, the NYT Wirecutter reviewers who recommended Simplifi don't have CU accounts. Maybe I should update them?

• kdesq
    kdesq Member
    edited February 9

What is the issue? Is it Simplify or is it DFCU? Who is keeping this from being an automated download? What hoops, if any, is DCFU wanting simplify to jump through or vice-versa? As many others have said, this is by far the largest CU in AZ with 400,000 customers.

• Cluesang
    Cluesang Member

Someone edited my comment and removed the app I signed up for. Tsk tsk. I won’t aggravate the mods. But if you are curious you can DM me. Unless they ban me.

So far, the alternative app I signed up for is pretty good. Not perfect but pretty solid. I preferred Simplifi’s price point but supporting DFCU was a deal breaker.

What’s weird is that DFCU should be supported via plaid (an api for bank data). Like the work is already done. So either Quicken doesn’t want to pay for the plaid api or they really don’t care about AZ customers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.