Saved Reports [edited] (13 Merged Votes)

paleosteve
paleosteve Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Feature Requests
Insights defaults to Income By Month every time I go there, but that is almost never what I want to see first. I'd like to be able to select Spending By Category, and a time frame, and have that same setting retained each time I come back to Insights.
113 votes

In Review · Last Updated

This Idea has been submitted to the Product Team for review!

Comments

• Coach Tappan
    Coach Tappan Retired Coach ✭✭✭✭

@paleosteve That's a great idea! I also would like to start with Spending on the Insights page. I'd been thinking of suggesting those tabs be swapped, but your suggestion to make your preferred view "sticky" is a better option! Thanks!

• mazar1977
    mazar1977 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    It would be wonderful if we had the ability to create a report that is filtered and then save that customization to a list if customized reports so we can run it anytime we want without having to rebuild the report each time.

Example:

I want to see how much I spend on Dining each month.

I go to Spending report and set date range to Last Month and select only Dining and Drinks.

I would like to be able to save this so in March I can run the report with 1 click and it shows Dining and Drinks for Feb.  In April I can run the report with 1 click and it shows Dining and Drinks for March.
  • tommyc325
    tommyc325 Unconfirmed, Member
    As a user, I would love to be able to save reports so I can easily select my custom report to view it. This will save time when there is a specific filter/report I run everyday.
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Hello @tommyc325,

Thank you for taking the time to post your suggestion to the Community!

I have gone ahead and merged your Idea post with an existing Idea post requesting that saved Reports be implemented in Simplifi. Please be sure to add your vote here! :)

-Coach Natalie
  • Problem:  Each time I run a report with custom criteria, I have to re-enter those criteria.  Ineffecient and cumbersome.

FixCustom presets.  Please add a feature for users to save custom reporting presets, the same way Banktivity already does.  (I use Banktivity and am considering migrating to Simplifi.)

Thanks.

• WatchWater
    WatchWater Member
    edited September 2021
    When I go to Reports I always change "Total" => "Over Time" & Date Range from "This Month" => "This Year". It be great to have it remember my setting vs having to change it every time I look at the report.
  • Matt C
    Matt C Member ✭✭
    As a user I want a shortcut to Report criteria I've configured, so that I can reduced repeated steps, access specific data quickly, and save time.

Currently the workflow is cumbersome and requires me to re-create each report one-by-one with each visit.

For example, each month I review several reports:
    • Filtered to a specific account's transactions 

• Filtered to a specific time series

• mike_fuss
    mike_fuss Member ✭✭
    I spend time every month creating the same few reports and it would be very helpful if I could save & name them as custom reports to run with one click.
  • sbpnw
    sbpnw Unconfirmed, Member
    For the love of God, please add the ability to save reports!
  • meoge
    meoge Member ✭✭
    Yes please let us save custom reports. I check for unreviewed transactions every week and am so tired of creating the filters everytime. It was easier before transactions were imported in investment accounts. I don't bother reviewing those transactions so I have to customize the report with only the accounts I want which is about 10 accounts. Having the ability to save that report would be amazing.
  • Norm6257
    Norm6257 Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, please offer saved reports like Quicken does.  Having to reapply filters and such every time I want to run a report is very time consuming, tedious, and subject to errors.
  • david.stein
    david.stein Member ✭✭
    What is the status of this request?   Quicken owns Simplifi and the existing features of Quicken should be priority.   Simplifi has been online for over 2 years now!
  • Coach Natalie
    Hello @david.stein,

Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, there is no further update to provide on this request as of yet. It looks like it has quite a few votes, however, so I'll be sure to get it submitted to the Product Team in the near future. :smile:

-Coach Natalie
  • Adding a vote for saved custom reports. I won't be using Simplifi without this feature. 
  • jmlma
    jmlma Member

Another vote for saved reports. My wife and I are looking at our spending over the past year, minus certain big-ticket one-time expenses. I want to save that report and refer to it over the next few weeks.

• Please, saved reports are essential!

• david.stein
    david.stein Member ✭✭

All accounting software or SAAS products have saved reports. Quicken has saved reports. Simplify is a decade behind Quicken for thousands of users to migrate. They do not have the resources to develop the product.

• Brian23
    Brian23 Member ✭✭

Tagging on to this request!

• mike_fuss
    mike_fuss Member ✭✭

please!! any update on this? I was hoping this would be released months ago!

• Coach Natalie

Hello @mike_fuss,

Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, there is no further info to provide on this request at this time. It looks like the vote count is getting up there, though, so it may be submitted to our Product Team in the near future. In the meantime, I'd suggest checking the Idea Status above for an update. Right now the status is 'Active', meaning it's open for votes and feedback; once the Idea has been submitted or is being considered, you'll see the Status change to 'In Review' or 'In Progress'.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• CEA
    CEA Member

Confirming that the ability to save a report is critical. The inability to do so make the product much less functional.

• david.stein
    david.stein Member ✭✭

My original comment is still valid:

All accounting software or SAAS products have saved reports. Quicken has saved reports. Simplify is a decade behind Quicken for thousands of users to migrate. They do not have the resources to develop the product.

This is a feature that will increase sales of the product from your existing customers at Quicken.

• Here is my vote for functionality to save reports

• noone
    noone Member

Often I need to tune my report a bit (usually exclude few categories, etc). It would be nice to be able to save this information and re-run such pre-configured report later.

• Norm6257
    Norm6257 Member ✭✭✭

It's been 4 years and we still don't have the ability to save reports. And this popular request isn't even on the roadmap or even submitted to the Product Team. Don't let these common and very useful requirements get buried. Please show the community that you are listening to popular requests and getting them implemented in a timely manner.

• david.stein
    david.stein Member ✭✭

Also Quicken knows the major features of Quicken users require. If they spend on Simplify development thousands of Quicken users would migrate. It is obviously a side product and they do not intend to develop. The product enhancements are released like a startup company and not the core of Quicken.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

27 votes over four years is not a "lot of interest", other ideas have over 100 votes (some were around much shorter too).

I didn't vote for or against it… I don't need the feature, but it wouldn't affect me negatively if it were there.

Rob Wilkens

• david.stein
    david.stein Member ✭✭

I agree, but only a certain number of users post and vote. What about all the users that look a product and do not use it because features are lacking. It is a great product if the company was Simplifi, but the company is Quicken, a software company 40 years old that does not get SAAS yet. I own a SAAS company, development needs to progress quicker with their backing.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I would guess that the percentage of active users who want a feature in a forum like this is a relatively good indicator of overall users who want that feature.

Did you happen to see the latest release notes for Simplifi? There were many changes, the list just scrolled and scrolled, and it was only about (guessing) a month since the prior release.

To my knowledge, Quicken, Inc. is not 40 years old; you're thinking of Intuit. Quicken, Inc. is a much younger company with "fresh blood" (I imagine) working there and in management.

I also own an unsuccessful software "company." Mostly I don't try to make it big because I live on social security which has income limitations

Rob Wilkens

• mike_fuss
    mike_fuss Member ✭✭

Still in major need of saved reports!